Tara dissed on E!NewsLive | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Tara dissed on E!NewsLive

guinevere

Final Flight
Rgirl said:
...The final ballet sequence could never happen in real life the way it happened on film either. Although there were some realistic things in the film, most of it called for some serious suspension of disbelief.
Rgirl
Oh come now, Rgirl...are you telling me you've never seen a ballet where they drive a real motorcycle onto the stage (and on the precious marley :eek: )?!?

:D :D :D

guinevere

giseledepkat

Rinkside
... or a ballet where, in the blink of an eye, everyone's costume changed color? (That was my favorite moment; it just seemed to say, "Yeah, this is totally over the top, and we know it!) :laugh:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
"Katarina Witt was in a Robert Di Niro movie where she played (naturally) a figure skater who eventually gets shot while performing. But you saw her only from a distance, and she didn't have any lines. So I don't think it can be said that she was doing any acting."

While I agree in priciple( it was a tiny role and she hardly tore up the screen with fine acting), I have to be a stickler for detail. You are incorrect on two counts: 1. She had several close ups, thought she was hardly a lead character and was never on the scrren for long at a time, and 2. She had several lines. Well, OK maybe 2 or 3 or 4, but she did speak. Oh, and don't forget the accent, or attempt at one. She played a RUSSIAN figure skater who eventually gets shot while performing.