Special Olympics Showcase at Bryant Park 2/7/24 featuring Kevin Aymoz, Mariah Bell, KMT and Michael Marinaro | Golden Skate

Special Olympics Showcase at Bryant Park 2/7/24 featuring Kevin Aymoz, Mariah Bell, KMT and Michael Marinaro

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I attended the Special Olympics showcase last night that featured Special Olympians and Mariah Bell, Kevin Aymoz and Kirsten Moore-Towers and Michael Marinaro. The show was only announced like a day before, so there wasn't a huge crowd like with the tree lighting. I didn't mind because I only got there 30 minutes before showtime and got a good view. The weather was also not too cold. I had gone to these events a few years ago and I remember it being super cold. This was my first time back at this mostly annual event since the pandemic.

KMT co-hosted the event and also skated so kudos to her. She and Michael did a nice performance (with a fall where she smoothly recovered) to a song I didn't recognize that sounded like Ed Sheeran but wasn't. Mariah Bell performed an energetic cheerleading program to Toni Basil's "Mickey" (an 80s classic) and Kevin did a show version of his Euphoria SP from last season. He landed all of his triples easily, so it was nice to see him perform well and enjoy himself. Best of all, the show was free.

(There is a fundraising event next week for Scott Hamilton Cares at the Brooklyn Bridge Glide rink where attendees have to pay $1K to watch Mariah and the ITNY cast skate and a Meet N Greet w/Nathan Chen and Brian Orser. I understand this is a fundraising event and the rink is much smaller than BP, but it would have been nice if they had a cheaper ticket option. And other than well heeled ITNY donors, I can't see the average NY skating fan shelling out that kind of money. By contrast, ITNY does an annual fundraising event where you can pay around $25-$40 a ticket to watch the show and then opt to pay thousands to attend a gala dinner)

Here are the links to the videos I took. I apologize that I missed the first few seconds of Kevin's program, I was having tech difficulties. Also, the noises on the video are from cowbells that BoA hand out to spectators to show support for the skaters, so it's a bit loud.

Kevin Aymoz
Mariah Bell
KMT and MM

Last edited:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I attended the Special Olympics showcase last night that featured Special Olympians and Mariah Bell, Kevin Aymoz and Kirsten Moore-Towers and Michael Marinaro. The show was only announced like a day before, so there wasn't a huge crowd like with the tree lighting. I didn't mind because I only got there 30 minutes before showtime and got a good view. The weather was also not too cold. I had gone to these events a few years ago and I remember it being super cold. This was my first time back at this mostly annual event since the pandemic.

KMT co-hosted the event and also skated so kudos to her. She and Michael did a nice performance (with a fall where she smoothly recovered) to a song I didn't recognize that sounded like Ed Sheeran but wasn't. Mariah Bell performed an energetic cheerleading program to Toni Basil's "Mickey" (an 80s classic) and Kevin did a show version of his Euphoria SP from last season. He landed all of his triples easily, so it was nice to see him perform well and enjoy himself. Best of all, the show was free.

(There is a fundraising event next week for Scott Hamilton Cares at the Brooklyn Bridge Glide rink where attendees have to pay $1K to watch Mariah and the ITNY cast skate and a Meet N Greet w/Nathan Chen and Brian Orser. I understand this is a fundraising event and the rink is much smaller than BP, but it would have been nice if they had a cheaper ticket option. And other than well heeled ITNY donors, I can't see the average NY skating fan shelling out that kind of money. By contrast, ITNY does an annual fundraising event where you can pay around $25-$40 a ticket to watch the show and then opt to pay thousands to attend a gala dinner)

Here are the links to the videos I took. I apologize that I missed the first few seconds of Kevin's program, I was having tech difficulties. Also, the noises on the video are from cowbells that BoA hand out to spectators to show support for the skaters, so it's a bit loud.

Kevin Aymoz
Mariah Bell
KMT and MM
:thank:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad you all enjoyed the video! After an unusually stressful day at work, it was nice to read the appreciative comments. Like I said above, it would be great to attend the SHC event in Brooklyn and take some videos but my pockets are not that deep. Maybe Jordan from OIP will attend.

The next NY skating event will be the ITNY gala performances in May, honoring Meryl/Charlie & Tanith/Ben. I hope they will be performing there. Last year they had Jason, Rohene and the Browns.

ETA: it was Ed Sheeran that KMT/MM skated to afterall, lol. My Youtube ID'ed it as The Hills of Aberfeldy.

Last edited: