Men's LP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

Bennett

Record Breaker
I can't believe my first figure skating competition could be SUCH a wonderful experience! :) I knew that I was part of something very magical when Shawn blew the roof off with his gorgeous skating. I have a very good feeling that his talent is now blossoming and we'll soon see his true colours. :yes:

Patrick is phenomenally talented for his age (I admit that I sometimes forget that he's 17! :p), but experience still plays a role in a skater's level of artistry. At this point in time, I'd have to say that Shawn is the more musical of the two (even though Patrick's basics are stronger) since he does pick up subtle nuances a little better. He has done a number of innovative and dynamic routines in the past, and they gave him the sophistication and maturity necessary to fully express the beauty of "Amadeus". If Patrick had skated to this program, you can imagine that although he would do a pretty good job, it wouldn't generate nearly as much magic. I don't think it's possible for me to describe how high Shawn made our hearts soar that evening in Ottawa! :love:

I think we can agree that we all have issues with PCS. :scratch: :sheesh: :unsure:

ITA. I agree that he is very musical and sells his program very well. He has great contacts with the audience. I was thrilled when he did his choreo to the audience before going into the straightline steps. Although Patrick is musical as well, I think that he is more introverted than Shawn at this point of time.

But what I love most about Shawn's Amadeus is the beautiful line. Her has a very graceful line. All the arm/leg positions of his are very graceful. I wonder if he has been trained in ballet and other dances or has been doing ice dancing.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
But what I love most about Shawn's Amadeus is the beautiful line. Her has a very graceful line. All the arm/leg positions of his are very graceful. I wonder if he has been trained in ballet and other dances or has been doing ice dancing.

He does do ballet on the side. He used to hate it passionately when he was a teenager, but now he says he doesn't mind it that much. ;)

You might find this funny, but Shawn's long-time Canadian followers actually had NO idea until SA that he possessed lovely body lines! :laugh: His "Amadeus" outfit is extremely flattering for his body type. His previous costumes didn't show off his physique half as well. In fact, they kinda made him look short and stumpy. For some reason, they all looked similar to his current SP outfit---the pattern and colour may be a bit different, but they were all velvety, form-fitting unitards which covered his entire body. In that simple-yet-sexy black attire, Shawn appears slightly taller, leaner and more graceful. We were ALL so relieved that he finally decided to go for a different (and very attractive) look! :agree:

Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
He does do ballet on the side. He used to hate it passionately when he was a teenager, but now he says he doesn't mind it that much. ;)

You might find this funny, but Shawn's long-time Canadian followers actually had NO idea until SA that he possessed lovely body lines! :laugh: His "Amadeus" outfit is extremely flattering for his body type. His previous costumes didn't show off his physique half as well. In fact, they kinda made him look short and stumpy. For some reason, they all looked similar to his current SP outfit---the pattern and colour may be a bit different, but they were all velvety, form-fitting unitards which covered his entire body. In that simple-yet-sexy black attire, Shawn appears slightly taller, leaner and more graceful. We were ALL so relieved that he finally decided to go for a different (and very attractive) look! :agree:

Thank you for your info. I am sure that Shawn would be very happy and honored to have devoted fans like you!

I feel jealous that he can do balletic moves so beautifully while "passionately hating" ballet as a teenager. I thought that he had been dedicated to it because his moves looked more balletic than anyone else that I know of in the current men's discipline. I would imagine that, even if he hated it, he nonetheless decently practiced it for many years, right? Jeff was accepted at a ballet school as a child and practiced ballet as an adult, too. But Shawn's moves somehow looked more balletic than Jeff's, which went so perfectly well with Mozart.

I liked his Amadeus costume very much, too! It's very classy.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I am sure that Shawn would be very happy and honored to have devoted fans like you!

Awwww. :)

I feel jealous that he can do balletic moves so beautifully while "passionately hating" ballet as a teenager. I thought that he had been dedicated to it because his moves looked more balletic than anyone else that I know of in the current men's discipline. I would imagine that, even if he hated it, he nonetheless decently practiced it for many years, right? Jeff was accepted at a ballet school as a child and practiced ballet as an adult, too. But Shawn's moves somehow looked more balletic than Jeff's, which went so perfectly well with Mozart.

Luckily for us, Shawn did stick to ballet even though he loathed it. :p I guess that just shows how naturally expressive he is. In the past, I would've said that Jeff was the more elegant of the two, but now that Shawn has showed us a different side to his skating, I agree that ballet has a stronger influence on his style than on Jeff's.