it's already started

Rank Competitor(s) Section CD - VW OD FD Points
1 Patricia Stuckey / Christopher Mior WO 25.54 43.36 - 68.90
2 Sarah Flesher / Jamie Forsythe QC 23.75 43.38 - 67.13
3 Megan Wilson / Marcus Connolly QC 23.83 41.28 - 65.11
4 Rebecca Fowler / Iliya Koreshev BC/YT 23.03 38.40 - 61.43
5 Helen Ramful / Garett Goodman AB/NT/NU 21.66 36.05 - 57.71
6 Claire Tannett / Wendell McGrath AB/NT/NU 22.14 30.73 - 52.87

PBP, comments, etc, will be very appreciated by those (like me) who aren't able to watch it :)

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
I can't watch either, but here are the updated standings.

1 Patricia Stuckey / Christopher Mior 43.36
2 Sarah Flesher / Jamie Forsythe 43.38
3 Megan Wilson / Marcus Connolly 41.28
4 Rebecca Fowler / Iliya Koreshev 38.40
5 Helen Ramful / Garett Goodman 36.05
6 Claire Tannett / Wendell McGrath 30.73

ETA: Oh it looks like you beat me too it victoria90!

It's Ralph/Hill next, correct?

amateur

Final Flight
I didn't see all of group #2 b/c my feed kept cutting in and out, but Ralph/Hill were lovely to watch (my fist time seeing them), nice softness and flow, musical, and he in particular has a very very graceful quality. They got the highest score so far, through the end of the 2nd group, and 2nd overall (I'm sure someone else will post the detailed results). Quite pleased they were marked ahead of McCurdy/Coreno, who don't seem to have "it", not nearly the grace/smoothness, though their skating/edge quality is rather smooth as Kwong remarked

victoria90

On the Ice
yep they are! 51.82 and 79.21 into first (I'm talking about Ralph & Hill)
Hmm I think the official site is a little slow with the restults if McCurdy & Coreno already skated (or at least in my case)

Last edited:

reaal1

Rinkside
1. ralph/hill 51.82
2.girrard/pelletier 47.16
3. lamoureaux/mee 47.12
4. flesher/forsythe 43.38
5. Stuckey/ Mior 43.36
6. M Wilson/M Connolly 41.25
7. R Fowler/I Koreshev 38.40
8. H Ramful/G Goodman 36.05
9. C Tannett/W McGrath 30.73

lmarie086

Medalist
McCurdy/Coreno are about 1.74 in front of Ralph/Hill overall but were 1.82 behind in the OD...will be interesting to see who is ahead after the FD!

5 more to go!

nadster

Final Flight
McCurdy/Coreno in first overall with a total score of 80.95

Asher/Hill did beat them in the OD by 1.82 points. McCurdy/Coreno score exactly 50 on the dot in the OD.

Asher/Hill are behind M/C by 1.74 points.

I feel Asher/Hill will pass McCurdy/Coreno after the FD.

lisou

On the Ice
Those who are watching, plz tell us which feed you are using and if ppl outside Canada can access it ?

Go V/M (I know that's rather classical but I love them !)

victoria90

On the Ice
Karam & O Keefe are third, 49.83 in the OD and and 81.80 in total. Chong & Gfeller are in second with a score of 50.93 in the OD and 82.85 in total and Weaver & Poje are first with a score of 52.92 in the OD and 84.81 in total.

I also feel Ralph & Hill will pass McCurdy & Coreno.
go V&M and C&P! :biggrin:

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
Crone/Poirier into first with an OD score of 55.56 and an overall score of 91.18.
Glad to see Weaver/Poje pull up, hopefully they do well in the FD.

Go Virtue/Moir!

Virtue/Moir with an OD score of 63.76 and an overall score of 103.09. They have a nice cushion going into the FD, hope they do well!

Last edited:

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
For a moment, I thought I was watching Davis/White in red. Tessa was slightly slower in the second twizzle, which is understandable. It looks like she has grown taller.
Spin needs some smooth out, but nice variation.
Very intricate and eye-pleasing lift.
63+, rooms for improvement, not a bad debut at all:clap:

amateur

Final Flight
Virtue/Moir - that last lift - is that legal?!? He had her above his head for a moment there. Lifts great in this program, stunning yet with the right character -loved the one in the middle where she ends up with her hand on his boot! Performance wise, I don't think the expression level was at a consistently high level all the way through (understandable for 1st performance), but quite a neat program, and in spots it was great, and their opening twizzle sequence alone had the rest of the competition here beat. Hard to speculate how it will fare internationally, when in this competition they are aboout 2 levels ahead of their nearest cometitors C/P, and at least 4 levels beyond anyone else... but i think good promise here if they work hard and the expression & character continue to develop.

Crone/Poirier - were totally charming, and definitely a clear second. One of very few teams to make me smile

Weaver/Poje - decent choreo and rather crisply delivered, but I didn't get any joy or charm from this performance (of course they'd undoubtedly have been nervous), and it seemed strangely long to me. They seemed rather "on" with the music, but no real genuine expression of character. the 4th and 5th teams I'd say were (slightly) better in this respect, but were both rather rough in comparison and deserve their placements.

I really want to see more of Ralph/Hill - too bad they don't make the final flight

Last edited:

amateur

Final Flight
to answer lisou above (though it's too late for the OD, sorry!),
watching at www.cbcsports.ca... there's a menu somewhere on the right for the live streaming feed... I have no idea, however, if it is viewable outside of Canada.

lisou

On the Ice
Thank you amateur, I'll check while the next comp is running to see if i can view it.

herios

Medalist
I didn't see all of group #2 b/c my feed kept cutting in and out, but Ralph/Hill were lovely to watch (my fist time seeing them), nice softness and flow, musical, and he in particular has a very very graceful quality. They got the highest score so far, through the end of the 2nd group, and 2nd overall (I'm sure someone else will post the detailed results). Quite pleased they were marked ahead of McCurdy/Coreno, who don't seem to have "it", not nearly the grace/smoothness, though their skating/edge quality is rather smooth as Kwong remarked

I did see everything, cause I am lucky ?? to be out of work...

Ralph and Hill are excellent, for an unknown team (for me at least). This teamhas a good quality and edge, also lovely choreo and music, a slow-fox "They Can't Take That Away from Me" by Gershwin.

They share the same coaches like Crone / Poirier and that is a good sign:)

herios

Medalist
McCurdy/Coreno in first overall with a total score of 80.95

Asher/Hill did beat them in the OD by 1.82 points. McCurdy/Coreno score exactly 50 on the dot in the OD.

Asher/Hill are behind M/C by 1.74 points.

I feel Asher/Hill will pass McCurdy/Coreno after the FD.

Most likely. Mccurdy and Coreno don't look like a podium candidate this year for sure. they could hope to catch Karam / o'keefe, but that is about it.

herios

Medalist
Those who are watching, plz tell us which feed you are using and if ppl outside Canada can access it ?!)

Unfotunately I can't help. I am watching a cable network called Bold, subsidiary of CBC, doubtful that it could be captured on the net.

Crone and Ponier were great. They had that French thing going on! :rock: But is Scott Joplin 1930s-40s music?

I also liked Karam and O'keefe. :clap:

herios

Medalist
to answer lisou above (though it's too late for the OD, sorry!),
watching at www.cbcsports.ca... there's a menu somewhere on the right for the live streaming feed... I have no idea, however, if it is viewable outside of Canada.

I have seen many times this question, the response is
NO, cbc.sports.ca CANNOT BE CAPTURED OUTSIDE CANADA