Laura Lepisto | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Laura Lepisto

Particle Man

Match Penalty
If Laura Lepisto doesn't have a meltdown at Worlds, we have almost zero chance at 3 Olympic spots. Now that I've heard she's better this season, and has won European championships, I've pretty much lost all hope.

Kati

On the Ice
If Laura Lepisto doesn't have a meltdown at Worlds, we have almost zero chance at 3 Olympic spots. Now that I've heard she's better this season, and has won European championships, I've pretty much lost all hope.

The Finns have to be at least 6th and 7th to earn the third spot, so don't give up yet.. Of course, we in Finland hope that Laura and Susanna could earn that third spot for Kiira Korpi or Jenni Vähämaa, but let's see...

shine

Record Breaker
I have a hunch that Particle Man is from the US and talking about the 3rd US spot :laugh:

Kati

On the Ice
I have a hunch that Particle Man is from the US and talking about the 3rd US spot :laugh:

I know... I was trying to say he should'nt lose his hope for the third American spot yet, because the Finns have never been as high as 6th and 7th at Worlds (although I hope they would this time, as a Finn :p)

Andalusia

Final Flight
I thought Laura rather stiff and boring when I first saw her. I've since revised that opinion, and now realize she's very expressive, in a subdued, elegant manner. I totally agree with whoever said she's got the Catherine Deneuve thing going on. Mediocre spirals, good spins and jumps. The lutzes I saw her land in practice were beautiful - I don't know why she isn't consistent with them.

If she had the harder jumps, perhaps it'd be time for Carolina to move over.

vlaurend

Final Flight
I find her SP to be a breath of fresh air! Exciting, different, and well-executed.

I thought Laura rather stiff and boring when I first saw her. I've since revised that opinion, and now realize she's very expressive, in a subdued, elegant manner.
Me too but that was last year. I believe SHE changed, for the better.

Kati

On the Ice
We have to remember that last year was the first for Laura in the big international competitions, so it was no wonder she was a little bit nervous. In spite of that, she managed to get the bronze medal at Europeans. This year she has already used to big competitions and it has helped her to relax and let her artistry shine. I only hope she could solve the problem with her 3Lutz soon!