Flatt gets golden insight | Golden Skate

Flatt gets golden insight

Nigel

On the Ice
Nice, but I only hope she doesn't try too hard.

Who doesn't try too hard? Hamill or Flatt?

With this announcement, it will be nice to see Flatt have some input from a skater who has had some life experiences under her blades, so to speak. And perhaps, can help refine Rachael's performances. Not sure from the announcement if Hamill will help on ice, but with all the guys that Zakrajsek coaches, might be nice to have a more feminine touch added to the mix.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure from the announcement if Hamill will help on ice, but with all the guys that Zakrajsek coaches, might be nice to have a more feminine touch added to the mix.

Well, Rachael already has the two Beckys as feminine influences, but I get what you're saying. It will be nice to see if Dorothy can have a similar influence on Rachael as Paul Wylie has had on Jeremy Abbott.

flying camel

Medalist
Maybe as the relationship progresses Dorothy will offer to help her on the ice. Wouldn't she have to have the coaches permission?
You can't just offer to help someone elses student no matter who you are. Dorothy always had nice presence on the ice. It would be nice if she could have some influence over Rachael.

That academic record is super. I can see her following that route in medicine. That will be following footsteps of Tenley, Debbie and who else with doctorates? Will the Hughes girls go for doctorates?

Dick Button has a degree from Harvard Law School. I am not sure what degree it is though -- maybe a JD?

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
I know how hard it is to balance school works and skating. She goes to school full time and take difficult AP courses. You know how hard that is? She has essay deadline.She has to turn in home works on time. She has to prepare for exams just like any other students who do not have to wake up 5:00am and train every morning. I really admire her. And she seems very mature and responsible student with good manner.I really wish she will do well at the Worlds!!!!
GOOD LUCK RACHAEL!!!!!!