Anyone Here On Facebook? | Golden Skate

Anyone Here On Facebook?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I recently joined Facebook. One can get quite carried away. Any GS members on Facebook?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
and we're so glad you did, Gail!

I use Facebook mainly to keep up with people I grew up with/know in real life... that takes up enough attention, if I added everyone I "know" online I'd go crazy.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I gave in and joined, although I don't update very much. My relatives are on it.

heyang

Record Breaker
I am. It's been great for getting back in touch at least a little with faces from the past. My closest friends aren't on it, but I've made contact with people I went to grade school with (lots of fun, especially when I posted our class pictures and many of them enjoyed showing their kids.) and former co-workers.

It's also handy for keeping up with the long distance relatives on their day-to-day things.

It's better than Twitter IMO.

tricia90

Rinkside
I am and it is great. I have moved far from Michigan where I grew up but when I went home to visit recently, I knew whose baby had a cast on his foot, who had been to the zoo and what they saw, how the Redwings were doing, what was up at the DSC and I was able to hit the ground running with all the latest gossip.

The best part was a reunion with a couple of college friends and their kids who I had lost touch with and had not seen in many years. We used to all be involved in skating one way or another and still are...crazy after all these years.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my mom found her two childhood best friends, and found out that one of them works directly with President Obama... which I find hysterical because the woman she grew up with (who changed names a couple of times since mom lost touch with her) has been on our tv for months now and mom hasn't made the connection.

Not sure exactly what she does but she is involved with diplomatic something or other to Africa. Which is also funny because my mom is obsessed with Zimbabwe - one of the countries that her friend focuses on. hee hee.

She's not on facebook, but the other one is and that's how she got in touch with the other. Crazy!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
So far most of my contacts through Face book are my hubby, and coworkers - present and past. I usually don't like to join these kind of things, but so far it's been fun. I can't see me spending too much time at it though. Of course my profile picutre is of a figure skating boot I found through clip art.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
^ you know, I heard that when my mom joined and when her best friend joined... they've since eaten their words! ha ha!

heyang

Record Breaker
My 1st facebook 'friend' was bizaare. 2 long time friends had asked me to join, but I lost their invites. One of my co-workers was so enthusiastic about it, I decided to check it out.

So, I go in and you pretty much have to sign up and I just put the basic info in and signed off. I checked my e-mail later in the evening and I had a friend invite from facebook - fortunately, she included a note, since I probably would not have remembered her.

Her mother and my father were both dialysis patients. Since her parents were divorced, my dad invited her to spend some evenings with us when her mother was at the dialysis center. So, we got to be friends, but then her mother remarried and I went to Catholic school (instead of public school) for 4 years and we lost touch.

So, she was my 1st facebook friend. For whatever reasons, she thought of my father that day and did a search in facebook for Dong's with a hometown of Peekskill. She said that I was the 1st person she searched for at random.

Anyway, we have plans to get together for lunch this summer.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I am on facebook. I love it....and I update frequentlyl becuase I do facebook mobile as well as on a regular computer!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, I'm on Facebook. It's been great to catch up with friends from high school.
I have not done anything with facebook. Can someone explain how you say for instance find lost schoolmates on facebook?? I don't know how it works.