Twizzles In The Attitude Position | Golden Skate

Twizzles In The Attitude Position

Honestly, I have never seen Twizzles done that way. Crone and Poirieir do them, and I find them innovative and quite handsome in the overall dance routine.
I can't help but believe that twitzzles in the attitude position are difficult to maintain for one stater but to have two working them in unison should get a higher GoE. Beats hands on hips and hands claspped behind back, imo.

Has any skater or Dance Team done Twizzles in the Attitude position before?

antmanb

Record Breaker
Honestly, I have never seen Twizzles done that way. Crone and Poirieir do them, and I find them innovative and quite handsome in the overall dance routine.
I can't help but believe that twitzzles in the attitude position are difficult to maintain for one stater but to have two working them in unison should get a higher GoE. Beats hands on hips and hands claspped behind back, imo.

Has any skater or Dance Team done Twizzles in the Attitude position before?

I believe that the attitude position is a difficult leg position for a higher level in the twizzle sequence. Again the GOE is to grade the quality of the element, the leg position enhances the difficulty hence the higher level call on a twizle with this (or any other difficult leg variation). I believe arm positions (such as clasped behind back, or arms in motion during twizzles) also count as features for a higher level.

I don't know about internationally but i certainly saw a few dance couples doing attitude positions in their seuqence of Twizles at the British Championships last week. I think couples that have problems synchronising the twizzles would steer clear of this as a position since it is so much more obvious, with the leg being so far away from the body, if there is even the tinniest of errors in the synchronisation.

Ant

Binthere

On the Ice
Definitely not for skaters with synchronization problems. Seems the pure attitude position would make it harder to do all those "tricks" which some teams seam to use which have a way of masking slight mismatches or distracting the judges' eye from the two, to just one, like non stop arm movements (I know these are part of the rules for getting levels and GOE but still, I find some variations a tad suspect) and spotting (which again, I know is a routine technique for synchronizing spins and twizzles, but when it is done aggressively by one skater it has the effect of distracting from the question of whether the twizzles are truly well synchronized or not. Kudos to C&P for taking on the challenge.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Attitude position has been fairly popular, and is often done by lower tier teams:

Hann McCurdy Coreno (Canada) do them this year, for example, and have for some time, including in their 2007 2008 season Logdriver's OD:

This is this year's Italian folk dance from them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNMPUxBxogs

(BTW, I like it a lot. It's much more attractive than holding your big toe in a twizzle.)

I also think the twitzles with attitude have the beauty whereas the hand holdings do not. However, I would insist that the attitude position be held waist high and not dragging lower throughout the sequence. Just my taste. :cool: