Junior Worlds: Ice Dance Thoughts and Highlights | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Junior Worlds: Ice Dance Thoughts and Highlights

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm just going to mention two things that nobody else has, because both really struck me, one in a negative way, the other positive.

Negative: What happened this season to the Tachlers? Last season, they were very much on the upswing. This year could charitably be called A Mess. Here's to a brighter future for them.

Positive: Some of the most interesting programs can always be found in the lower placements. This year's Junior Stellar Case In Point: Cypriot team Angelina KUDRYAVTSEVA / Ilia KARANKEVICH. Yes yes yes, they came in last place, but they were positively a breath of fresh air with their originality and quirkiness. They don't yet have the technical chops to carry off their ambitions fully (yet), but I found them far more memorable and charming than more than a few of the higher ranked teams. My hat's off to thier choreographer Dmitri Ionov. Please do us all a favor Mr Ionov and contact Hawayek and Baker pronto. Thank you!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Avonley and Vadym were simply breathtaking in every way. They re-enchanted me. As ice dance partners, I think they're perfect for each other.

Igor Shpilband and Pasqual Camerlengo make a good team.