Improv Ice - Anyone Watching???? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Improv Ice - Anyone Watching????

stevlin

On the Ice
I voted for Jeff Buttle who won this improv event last year. He is such a wonderful skater and entertainer.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, I missed this, thanks to the poster whom provided the link (will watch as soon as I can). :)

If anything comes on the weekend I'm guaranteed to miss it, as I'm too busy having a blast with the kids! :)^) Today it snowed lightly here in & around the outskirts of Seattle, so we had a great time on the Pier (we were practically the only braves ones out as well), and ended up at the Arcadia playing games & taking pics. Through them I'm a child again. :love: Btw, I highly recommend the movie "Skyline", we watched it yesterday at the Landing in Renton, and it was great! P.S. for those that live in Seattle, the Landing in Renton has real live deer on display (with their trainers) for the kids to enjoy, and also free choochoo train rides for the little ones. :)

Back to skating, I've been listening to my fav 95.7 KJR radio channel here in Seattle for the past two weeks, and they've been playing ONLY Christmas music non-stop till Christmas! :clap: It's fun for us to sing along with, and in my mind I can just imagine skaters skating to this wonderful beautiful music. Like "The First Noel", "Little Drummer Boy", "Silver Bells", "It's Christmas Time in the City", "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer", "Silent Night", et al. I so hope there is going to be a Skating Christmas Special soon completely devoted to this ethereal timeless classic music.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE AT GS!!!!!:hb:

I'm sure we'll have a chance to see a lot of the program on YouTube. There are quite a few programs in the offing for the next few weeks, and I'm sure at least one of them will be a Christmas one. I'm hoping for Kristi's Christmas with the family and friends program. I love watching our faves from Stars on Ice with their offspring, speaking of kids. Scott Hamilton's son looks exactly like him! And I love seeing Katia's kids, though I hear that Daria has given up skating.

Nadine

Record Breaker
So far I've only had the chance to watch Rachael, and I loved it! :) Now I feel I've been proven wrong by her because the first thing I noticed was her excellent stretch & toepoint on her classic American Ladies Spiral & Catchfoot Spiral. And her posture has improved as well. Great job! And not to forget to mention the excellent 3R jump; I can now imagine what her 3L/3R combo. will look like. :)^)

Only downside was the clips are less than a minute long. :( What I watched thus far made me want to see more!

ps: on my dish satellite two skating related commercials have come on in less than 30 minutes ~ one with the incomparable Dorothy Hamill talking about the lovely jewelry she has designed for Helzberg Diamonds to benefit breast cancer research (http://www.examiner.com/urban-style...igns-love-help-and-hope-for-helzberg-diamonds) ~ and the other about the premiere of "Skating With Celebrities" to come on after "Dancing With The Stars" on Monday night. (;^)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
R.D., this show (along with the other Disson shows) will be re-aired on the Hallmark Channel at some point. Check it out here: http://www.dissonskating.com

I loved seeing Alyssa so relaxed. She looks like she was having a great time. Enjoyed the show, overall.

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
This was the first time that I saw Improv Ice. I voted for Jeff (many times:)), Sasha, Alissa, and Rachael. Jeff was the star here. I can't believe that he could skate to a brand new music and choreographed so well like he's been practicing it for weeks, especially his first number. Sasha's California Girls was almost perfect. Love Alissa incorporated beautiful spins into the program. I've found that the music style Rachael skated to suited her so well. She did great job. The least favorites for me on this kind of skating were, sorry to say and to my own surprise, Jeremy and Ryan.:p

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I watched and enjoyed the show, although Foreigner was never one of my favorites. I agree with Bluebonnet the Ladies were the Stars along with Jeff. I voted for Rachael.