What is your favorite program this season (2011-2012)? | Golden Skate

What is your favorite program this season (2011-2012)?

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Men:
Daisuke Takahashi - SP - In the Garden of Souls - Masterpiece (I) Perfection from David Wilson. I like how Dai interprets the music in a subtle way paying alot attention to detail.
Yuzuru Hanyu - SP - For a 16 year old, his expression and artistry is phenomenal. Even with the fall on the quad at CoR, I was mesmerized by this program's sweeping choreography.
Daisuke Takahashi - LP - Blues for Klook - Masterpiece (II) A perfect performance from him will be electrifying
Takahiko Kozuka LP - Fantasia for Nausicaa - His previous performances at SA and NHK have not been perfect, but I think once Taka gets his jumps back in order, the true beauty of this program and music will show.
Patrick Chan - LP - Concierto for Aranjuez - I am not a fan of Chan at all but I am a huge fan of this piece of music. I like the route Chan is going this season with trying to expand upon his artistry. I am interested to see him improve throughout the rest of the season
Javier Fernandez - LP - Rigoletto - Having Brian Orsor as his coach has worked wonders! What a shame it would have been if he had stayed with Morozov and stayed under the shadows of Amodio. For sure he is the breakout skater this season.
Adam Rippon - LP - Air and Toccata & Fugue - When I first heard the LP music choice, I was a little bit surprised. Camerlengo doesn't disappoint and the Rippon does a great job considering how this music is not easy to skate to at all.

Ladies:
Carolina Kostner - SP - Allegretto from Trio No. 2 - IMHO, its the best sp this season. The music is not pretty at all, but the choreography and the attention to the nuances music is fantastic
Julia Lipnitskaia - SP - Dark Eyes - Yes I know she is not a senior yet but I absolutely adore her Dark Eyes SP. She reminds me of Sasha Cohen just with better jumps.
Mao Asada - LP - Liebestraume - Beautiful choreography and footwork section and the end spiral is gorgeous.

Pairs:
Takahashi/Tran - SP - Imagine - I love this pair alot :)
Kavaguti/Smirnov - LP - Claire de Lune - By far my favorite LP from this pair EVER !!
Volosozhar/Trankov - LP - Black Swan - Not a bad LP at all considering that Morozov is their choreographer and as of late I am not feeling his work especially with Amodio :S.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
The men have some winners this year:

Dai's SP
Jeremey's LP
Patrick's LP

for the ladies I don't think I love anything yet. Alissa's programs are both excellent for her, but she has not skated them with the conviction she needs to in order to make them great programs. Akikko's LP is a highlight, certainly.

Dance:
Marlie's FD
Voir's SD

Pairs:
Aliona and Robin's FS
Yuko and Sasha's FS

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Men
Dai's SP
Javier's SP
Patrick's LP
Ross's LP
Dai's LP

Dance
Both of the top teams have very, very good & enjoyable programs this year!
D&W FD
V&M FD
D&W SD
V&M SD
C&L's SD
P&B's SD
W&P's FD (even though the music drives me nuts)

Pairs
T&T SP
S&S LP
K&S SP
Z&Z SP

Ladies-I seldom watch the ladies , but I like Kostner's SP
Gracie Gold jumping
Liza Tuktamysheva jumping

Wildstorm

Rinkside
I ADORE Daisuke's LP it amazes me every time I watch it! It's so flowy and sexy! And the jumps come out of nowhere!

N

n_halifax

Men:

Takahashi's SP and FS
Abbott's SP and FS
Miner's FS

Ladies:

Wagner's FS
Czisny's SP
Leonova's SP and FS

Pairs:

Moore-Towers and Moscovitch's FS
Savchenko and Szolkowy's FS

Dance:

Weaver and Poje's FD

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...

emma

Record Breaker
I'm over the moon in love with Dai's SP and LP; Abbot's LP (like the sp a lot too); chan's LP (like how he tweaked the SP too); really like Miner's LP and really like what Javier is doing this year, but more in the short.

For women, I haven't seen enough nor have the one's I have seen really skate lights out - but, I really do love both of Carolina's programs, I think I will love Alissa's if she puts a little more umph in them; like Mao's a lot but only saw her once while I was sick (so need to rewatch), and think Tut is too amazingly cute for words and such a great jumper and competitor, thus, enjoyed her programs.

Have not seen many pairs programs, but adore S/S's LP - wow. need to watch more of the pairs. Haven't seen nearly enough dance either but am amazed by both of V/M and D/W programs and their abilities just leave me :love::love:

ETA sorry - forgot Kazuka - I think he has two really good programs, if he can deliver with a little bit more power and conviction, i bet I will love these programs too.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Pairs - Volotran LP - absolutely amazing!!
Dance - I ADORE Marlie:) Usually I prefer V/M but not now
Ladies - I guess Alissa's LP - it's really good
Men - Yuzuru....I'm a fan:love:

christinaskater

Medalist
I love AKIKO SUZUKI's SP and LP!
Mao Asada's SP and LP
Carolina KOSTNER's SP and LP
Ashley Wagner's LP

Nan Song- LP
Daisuke Takahashi's SP and LP
Jeremy Abbott's SP and LP
Yuzuru Hanyu's SP and LP

Pairs

S and S SP and LP
K and S SP and LP

Ice dancing

D&W
V&S

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Ladies

Caroline Zhang SP from skate america
Carolina Kostner SP from skate america
Joelle Forte FS from Skate america
Mirai Nagasu SP from Skate Canada
Cynthia Phaneuf SP from Skate Canada
Elizaveta Tuktamisheva FS from Skate Canada
Mao Asada FS from Nhk Trophy
Viktoria Helgesson SP from TEB

Men

Patrick Chan SP and FS from Skate Canada
Nan Song FS from TEB
Michal Brezina SP and FS from Skate America
Javier Fernandez SP and FS from Skate Canada

CassAgain

On the Ice
I love Jeremy and Dai's programs. I also have strong feelings for P and B's short dance and both of Davis and White's dances. Chock and Bates' free dance is also a pleasant surprise.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Dai's LP is the best hands down for the men. Jeremy's LP is growing on me.

Caro's LP is lovely, as is she this year. Wagner's LP is her best to date.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
In Men, Chan's LP gave me the most satisfaction. Takahashi's SP and LP were great. Hanyu's SP and LP were wonderful too. In Ladies, Mao has a beautiful LP. In Dance, I love V&M's SD and FD, and D&W's SD and FD.

Last edited: