Miki Ando parts ways with Nikolai Morozov | Golden Skate

Miki Ando parts ways with Nikolai Morozov

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
hurrah said:
I'm wishing Miki has the best season of her career.

I second that :rock:

Honestly, I'm kind of glad she parted from Morozov, because she might actually develop into a much better skater - I think her artistry has gotten better, judging from her recent ex numbers. And a SP choreographed by Lambiel sounds nice too. It's sad, because it's obviously such a tough thing to happen for her... and because a beautiful and talented woman like Miki shouldn't be sad like this.
I'll keep my fingers crossed she's going to have a great season, being able to enjoy it completly and reviving her love for figure skating and competitions. So, go Miki!!:party2:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: I'll be so glad to see Miki with some real programs .. not just selling sex appeal or going the mundane route. I was happy to see her win in 2011 but sad that it had to be with such a forgettable program.

And I've been sad for her for years , all too easily able to imagine the emotional roller coaster she must have been on.

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
I hope she actually gets good programs now and learns how to emote.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always liked Miki, though her skating style has not been my favorite. There's a gentle quality to her personality, and no one works harder. Though I'm hoping most of all for Mao to win at Sochi, I'd love to see Miki continue to flourish, and if she's the eventual winner, it will be for a darn good reason.

And a Lambiel program? That sounds splendid. I may end up squeezing Miki into my ever-growing list of favorites.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I thought this was old news since last year but I m stll thrilled she left Morosov, no more spider costumes. He gave them all to Leonova.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Since Miki has announced her comeback, I find this statement to be a clarification on her current situation. Yes, there were speculations about it in the past, but now we have an official announcement over it. :)

macy

Record Breaker
did anyone see the recent IN article? They made it seem like it was something she was going full-force into, but at the end of the article it said this:

"She told the China Daily last month: 'This year, I don't feel like I am ready for competition, but I signed a paper (with the International Skating Union) in case I want to do the Grand Prix circuit ... I don't feel I want to compete yet, but I signed the contract, so I have no choice but to try my best. Let's see how it works out.'"

Not sure if that's gonna work out too well, the way she puts it she is only skating because she is obligated to by that contract. if her heart isn't in it, it probably won't go well.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I can't believe the ISU is making people sign contracts to compete now...

Talk about stageparenting at the highest level!

deedee1

Record Breaker
miki! :yay: Miki!! :party: MIKI!!! :party2:

We would like you to know there are a lot of fans who root for you and look forward to seeing you skate. But most importantly, there are A HELL OF LOTS OF FANS who look forward to seeing you SMILE! :yes:

P.S. are there any threads available for Miki Ando, similar ones like patrick's or dai's fan fest? so that we can root for Miki without worrying about negative response?

Last edited:

Dragonlady

Final Flight
I can't believe the ISU is making people sign contracts to compete now...

Talk about stageparenting at the highest level!

All federations require some sort of contract with their skaters. And it's hardly "stage parenting". Any time two parties agree to a work/performance situation at this level, there needs to be a contract. I somehow doubt that the contract Miki signed was with the ISU, but rather the Japanese federation. That would make more sense.

Don't forget that Lysacek's comeback last season was derailed because Evan and the USFSA failed to come to an agreement on his contract.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
All federations require some sort of contract with their skaters. And it's hardly "stage parenting". Any time two parties agree to a work/performance situation at this level, there needs to be a contract. I somehow doubt that the contract Miki signed was with the ISU, but rather the Japanese federation. That would make more sense.

Wier and Kostner both mentioned signing a contract with the ISU. I think they had to declare their intention to participate in two GP events. Remember, the ISU thought it would be a good idea to codify a financial penalty for skaters that chose to do three GP events but withdrew from one.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I second that :rock:

Honestly, I'm kind of glad she parted from Morozov, because she might actually develop into a much better skater - I think her artistry has gotten better, judging from her recent ex numbers. And a SP choreographed by Lambiel sounds nice too. It's sad, because it's obviously such a tough thing to happen for her... and because a beautiful and talented woman like Miki shouldn't be sad like this.
I'll keep my fingers crossed she's going to have a great season, being able to enjoy it completely and reviving her love for figure skating and competitions. So, go Miki!!:party2:

I'm glad for this news. I was concerned about some of her FB posts and tweets.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I hope she actually gets good programs now and learns how to emote.

Thing is, she CAN. I saw her do it.

In competition she seems to shut off and go into robot mode though.

deedee1

Record Breaker

Thanks a lot for the article, a great read indeed. :)

I agree with the writer. Miki does not often show much of her emotions at competitons due to nerve, injuries or whatever the reasons are, sadly, but when she does, she tells us so much through her skating and she just draws us in, you know. Especially with her EX numbers.

These two are my favorite performances of Miki full of her passion and determination: :cool:

-LP 2007-08 season to Carmen at Nationals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4AVPUpVBbU-LP

-LP 2010-11 season to Grieg's piano concerto, at Nationals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoe5KKGZXtk

When she is on, Miki is simply gorgeous! :love: