Zawadzki/Farris on ESPN website re Olympic training challenge in Colorado Springs | Golden Skate

Zawadzki/Farris on ESPN website re Olympic training challenge in Colorado Springs

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Zawadzki/Farris on ESPN website re Olympic training challenge in Colorado Springs

Zawadzki and Farris are featured in this article and video that are part of the ESPN website's "Summer Olympics" coverage:

Trying to survive The Incline
Updated: July 18, 2012, 1:25 PM ET
By Jim Caple​

The figure skaters appear in the video starting at about 1:25.

Excerpt of the article:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- I'm scrambling up a long, very steep old cable car path that leads virtually straight up a Colorado mountainside, and I would be feeling pretty good about my progress if it wasn't for one thing: I'm getting my butt kicked by a teenage girl, a teenage boy with asthma and a guy with a bad back.

In my defense, the three are exceptional athletes. Agnes Zawadzki, 17, recently took the bronze medal at the U.S. figure skating championships. Josh Farris, 17, won a silver medal at the world junior figure skating championships. Brian Hansen, 21, won silver in speedskating at the 2010 Olympics. Even so, it doesn't make me feel any better when I finally catch up to the three and Farris tells me he is taking it easy because he left his inhaler at home, Hansen is taking it easy because he might need surgery for a bulging disk and Zawadzki, well, she is so relaxed and refreshed she is sitting on a rock texting a friend.

....​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
what's the link to the article?

I have gone back and added the link to my post above.
(Sorry for being overly cautious and not including it from the outset. At the very start of my GS membership, I innocently broke the rules by posting some links. :eek:hwell:)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
You mean your first post? The reason that kicked it back is because we have it set up to ward off spammers, so sometimes legit posters like yourself get caught in the mix. :) News sites (like ESPN) are always A-Okay! :yes: