Vincent Zhou | Page 72 | Golden Skate

Vincent Zhou

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is the CBC television broadcast of Vincent's long program with Kurt Browning's commentary (no short programs were aired). I had to upload his performance on Streamable because Dailymotion rejected it due to the music.

2022 Worlds LP (CBC TV 720p):

These vids are less significant, but Kurt Browning talks about Vincent in both (for the first vid, Vincent is only discussed in the SP recap).

2022 Worlds Men Opening Montage + Discussion + SP Recap (CBC TV 720p):

2022 Worlds Men LP Group 4 Warm-Up Clips (CBC TV 720p):

Last edited:

ptongmr

Spectator
Hi, have been lurking in these forums since the beginning of last year's Grand Prix season...finally registered to share this in-depth ESPN article about Vincent:

* I can't fathom how he managed high-level training for three years with torn meniscus.
* I am so impressed with how he and his family have made such sacrifices.
* I am not so sure about the "adversity trainings"...

fs_fan98

Rinkside
* I am not so sure about the "adversity trainings"...
Yeahhhhh that really didn't sit right with me. I get preparing oneself for the possibility of things going wrong and understanding that sometimes things happen that are out of our control and that we have to learn how to adapt and overcome these challenges. But I feel like there's a huge difference between preparing someone mentally to be able to flexible and adjust at a moment's notice and intentionally putting someone in harm's way.

Like "We've made him tired on purpose. We've made him nervous on purpose. We've made him have equipment trouble on purpose. We've made him not sleep a lot on purpose. We've done all these things to give him these challenges that he can learn to accomplish one by one." To me, that isn't preparing someone for the worst. That's more like actively putting someone in danger and the possibility of being injured. Like figure skating is by no means a safe sport. Forcing someone to skate while they're exhausted/skating on broken skates/etc. all of this just seems very unnecessary and again just puts them at a greater risk for injury (God forbid someone has a terrible fall and has to stop competing just because you were "putting them through adversity training").

I just hope that Vincent's okay and that he can rest and relax after such a hectic season!

Matthew

On the Ice
Hi all, don't know if everybody has listened to the latest ISU podcast containing an interview with Vincent about the Olympics and Worlds. Very interesting and also heart-breaking. He compares the loss of his possibility to compete at the Olympics to the loss of a loved one, equally hard to experience. Very impressive and personal interview. So compassionate towards him.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Check this out!

16Olympics

On the Ice
Happy birthday to Vincent.
He's only 22 and has been to two Olympics and has 2 World medals.He's still young and accomplished and I wish him well at Brown.