Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

adelia

Record Breaker
Oh no, pain? Please hope that it's nothing serious.
Very vague answer from Mishin. Maybe it's just the monthly cycle or perhaps a tight muscle. I think they went to Germany to officially test out the 3A in front of the judges. Having achieved that, I guess there was no point in carrying on if she was not 100% fit.

About skating again before Worlds, perhaps he is referring to the Russian Cup Final.

Meoima

Match Penalty
This makes me think... What if when Mao was just 12, JSF had sent her to Mishin... :jaw:
Oh dear Liza, I pray for your health.

adelia

Record Breaker
This makes me think... What if when Mao was just 12, JSF had sent her to Mishin... :jaw:
Oh dear Liza, I pray for your health.
If not outright coaching her, she should have attended Mishin's summer camps at least. Lambiel and Kostner benefited a lot from those.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Just saw this. Abdominal pain? :shocked: That doesn't sound good.

Unless they figure out exactly what's wrong and are absolutely certain the problem won't reoccur, perhaps they should keep Liza rested for Worlds. No need for triple axel, no need for more competitions... I just want her healthy.

LRK

Record Breaker
All right, let's not panic! Maybe "abdominal pain" simply means "tummy ache"? At any rate, as adelia said, they had achieved their goal in going there, so felt no need to push needlessly. Let's not - as the Swedish saying goes - "paint the devil on the wall" and jump to Doom-&-Gloom-y conclusions!

Lipea

Final Flight
As for the competing part - Mr Mishin has said before that training facilities are actually better at competitions than at home, and that is another reason why she - and others of his students, no doubt - have been competing so diligently.
Mishin seems to be really wanting Liza to do 3axel in Worlds, so why not to try to do it at another competition, good ice conditions as well :biggrin:
I am pretty sure Liza is fine, there was really no reason for her to do that LP. She gave that gold/podium chance to other girls, for whom it actually matter.
Her 3a looks so good, fully-rotated, the landing was almost there. Do the falls always have to get -3 GOE or it can be a mix of -3s and -2s?

jkun

Final Flight
Mishin seems to be really wanting Liza to do 3axel in Worlds, so why not to try to do it at another competition, good ice conditions as well :biggrin:
I am pretty sure Liza is fine, there was really no reason for her to do that LP. She gave that gold/podium chance to other girls, for whom it actually matter.
Her 3a looks so good, fully-rotated, the landing was almost there. Do the falls always have to get -3 GOE or it can be a mix of -3s and -2s?

I think the -2s from a fall only can happen if a skater falls on the 2nd element of a combination? correct me if I am wrong..

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think the official wording is that fall = -3 off what you would've otherwise given the jump? So that's why some favourites (Chan, Fernandez, Kostner) get the stray -2 for falls. :slink:

I severely disagree with this though. Liza is my favourite skater right now but I don't want them giving -2 for a fall, ever. No matter who it is. I know Liza can land that jump--she nail it and not need the help of any judges. :cheer2:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
If not outright coaching her, she should have attended Mishin's summer camps at least. Lambiel and Kostner benefited a lot from those.

and Fumie Sugurie,Javier Fernandez... and if I right remember Kiira Korpi

Lipea

Final Flight
I think the official wording is that fall = -3 off what you would've otherwise given the jump? So that's why some favourites (Chan, Fernandez, Kostner) get the stray -2 for falls. :slink:

So, if she wouldn't fall on that jump she only would get 0 of GOE for it? :scratch:

Lipea

Final Flight
She still has plenty of time till WC. Both of her programs are very polished, on the best level that they can be. Why not to try it again?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
So, if she wouldn't fall on that jump she only would get 0 of GOE for it? :scratch:
The way I look at it, if you fell, there was something clearly wrong with the jump. -3. Move on. (It's still worth more than a 2A, anyway).

LRK

Record Breaker
Ah. Mystery withdrawal solved.

Philip Hersh@olyphil · 4 timför 4 timmar sedan
Alexei Mishin just told me by phone Tukhtamysheva withdrew from Bavarian Open LP because of stomach problems caused by menstrual cramps

Actually, I went in search of a tweet of Jackie Wong's that is relevant to the 3A discussion, but he had retweeted the above. The 3A tweet:

Jackie Wong@examinerskating · 4 timför 4 timmar sedan
Tuktamysheva 3axel SP worthwhile? 3axel(fall)=5.50-1.00 at Bavarian, clean 2axel in bonus=4.49 at GPF; 3toe3toe in bonus (+.82 in base)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
You beat me to it, LRK! I was just going to post that. I hope Liza doesn't mind having that put out on the internet for everyone, but at least we know it's nothing serious. (I wonder if she tried taking anything like ibuprofen...they're allowed stuff like that, right? I've read about skaters having to get shot up with painkillers before a competition.)

Lipea

Final Flight
You beat me to it, LRK! I was just going to post that. I hope Liza doesn't mind having that put out on the internet for everyone, but at least we know it's nothing serious. (I wonder if she tried taking anything like ibuprofen...they're allowed stuff like that, right? I've read about skaters having to get shot up with painkillers before a competition.)
I was always wondering how ladies-figure skaters deal with that... I thought they take some hormones that prevent the period coming on competition time. I don't know, but it sounds terrible to skate with that.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
(I wonder if she tried taking anything like ibuprofen...they're allowed stuff like that, right? I've read about skaters having to get shot up with painkillers before a competition.)
Ibuprofen is definitely allowed and I'm pretty sure she took something. But now we know why she fell on the 3A, right. ;) Temporary physical weakness.

I was always wondering how ladies-figure skaters deal with that... I thought they take some hormones that prevent the period coming on competition time. I don't know, but it sounds terrible to skate with that.
You can prolong the cycle but as women are weaker in the 2nd half of the cycle it's best when you only do it when you really need it. As far as I know.
She'll be fine for worlds (I guess this is planned).

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Eeek. Well, at least it seems like she'll be okay.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. It's only human. Though it varies so much from woman to woman.

MalAssada

Medalist
Not to mention some hormones side-effects that may or may not appear (like Sandpiper said, it varies from woman to woman). Thinking on the bright side, at least she will be cramp free when Worlds take place :slink: