Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Meoima

Match Penalty
I want her to...
- have two great skates
- not place behind people who didn't have great skates
Of course, she can't control the latter, so she should just concentrate on the former.
As long as she has 2 great skates!!!! :yay: Best wishes for Liza!!! I can't wait for her performances!!

adelia

Record Breaker
New interview with Liza:
http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta...ta-Tuktamisheva-Soskuchilasi-po-sorevnovaniya

Google translate:

"Despite the fact that a permanent winter in Russia will come only on the night of October 26, athletic-winter 2014/2015 begins on the day before.
The first stage of the Grand Prix of Figure Skating is traditionally held in the United States. In the competition of beautiful ladies to our country are two athletes - Elizabeth Tuktamysheva and Elena Radionova. Both have already try out the ice less prestigious tournaments and do not yet know the failures.
Radionova excelled in Japan, where the girls rolled only one program - arbitrary and Tuktamysheva consecutive wins already three times - in Oberstdorf, Espoo, Finland and France Nice. And there beaten Liza including American Gracie Gold and Samantha Cesario, with whom she has to meet and to Chicago ice.
I managed to contact the Russian champion 2013 between the morning and afternoon rolling exercise the day before the beginning of the women's competition. Communication is not hindered even nine time zones that separate Illinois from the Russian capital.

- Elizabeth, you before the others started the season, three tournaments in a row, now actually fourth start of the month, and even overseas, very tired?
- Yes, a little fatigue accumulated but it pleasant - quoted Tuktamysheva Sportbox.ru correspondent Alexander Grishin. - I'm glad you finally go back on the competition. I had a long break, I have not skated because starts were very much needed - it was necessary to roll the program to earn a rating. Yes, and missed the competition. So my marathon of three tournaments in a row - rather a plus than a minus.

- A restored some time?

- Trying (smiles). I try to evenly distribute the forces do not throw out the emotions, where it is not necessary.

- What's with acclimatization? Usually it is the third or fourth day, she manifested most clearly, and you just start these days ...
- I try not to think about it. Yes, and I'm not alone in this condition, most skaters gathers from various countries, where time zones are very different. Here, as already who will gather, how can configure yourself, I hope that everything will be okay.

- What are the characteristics of Chicago rink?
- I still only had one training session here. Ice is nice but the rink smaller than the Russian box, as almost everywhere in North America. Prior to the start adapts to the first workout is always a little uncomfortable. You can ride!

- Alexey one came, and that he had problems with his passport had been? (Coach Alexei Mishin's bag of documents were stolen before the Finnish tournament, so there Elizabeth had to win without the usual support at a side - note sportbox.ru)

- Yes, he's here. Already with me. We flew together.

- How do you kata without him?
- Of course, hard, when there is no coach, but I was with her choreographer - Tatiana Prokofiev - she knows me very well and understands and has managed to find the right words.

- You've already won at Gracie Gold this season, would it have any significance to the "US Grand Prix"?

- No, no meaning. I came here not to compete with the other skater and again and again perebaryvat yourself, enjoy skiing and please the judges and spectators.

- In this approach, however, your account has already won three tournaments, but the main starts of yet, I believe, is yet to come. What is the main goal for this season?
- The main thing - to perform well in the championship of Russia.

- Show that your program this year, something similar to the ones you already rolled before. What do you say?
- This is my style. Oriental, Spanish, gypsy motifs, tango ... Yes, I think it right to show (smiles).

- With the season in the musical accompaniment including a skating allowed to use the vocals, but you're at it until it went. Why?
- We were not going to put the program on vocals. My opinion - when playing some popular tunes, or in the program has the vocals, the viewer is not one hundred percent focused on skating on the performance of the elements, the public switched to singing. Vocals distracting."

unico

Final Flight
Thank you for the interview adelia! I'm wishing the best for her at Skate America! :yay:

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you, adelia! Such a lovely interview - she sounds happy. :) And yay, that she doesn't want lyrics! (I don't hate every program with lyrics - but yes, I can find them distracting. And there are one or two... In one of the programs when the "singing" started, I first hugged myself I thought it was so awful, but that not sufficing, I then went over to the sofa and clutched Sassi - see avatar - instead, and buried my face in her fur for comfort.... And I'm getting positively allergic to Magic of the Night - bleurgh! Sorrry about the digression... )

Oh, and a reminder to always be wary of google translate:

"(Coach skater Alexei Mishin before the Finnish tournament stole a bag of documents, so there Elizabeth had to win without the usual support at a side - note sportbox.ru)"

I mean, we all know what that ACTUALLY means, but otherwise... google translate just made it seem as if Papa Mishin was a thief! :eek:

(I'm just saying this because there are actually people out there who go over what a skater said with a fine tooth comb and what their "tone" was and goodness knows what - never mind if it's google translate!)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thank you, adelia! Such a lovely interview - she sounds happy. :) And yay, that she doesn't want lyrics! (I don't hate every program with lyrics - but yes, I can find them distracting. And there are one or two... In one of the programs when the "singing" started, I first hugged myself I thought it was so awful, but that not sufficing, I then went over to the sofa and clutched Sassi - see avatar - instead, and buried my face in her fur for comfort.... And I'm getting positively allergic to Magic of the Night - bleurgh! Sorrry about the digression... )

You mean "Music of the Night" from POTO, I assume? I loathe it! And I have a fairly high tolerance level for ALW...

Wishing Liza good luck today!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
So thankful she's not on board the vocal train. After Brezina (ruined the last seconds of the program) and Abbott (I'm seriously muting him next time he's competing), I've come to conclude that vocals are a bad, bad idea.

LRK

Record Breaker
@adelia - Oh, I didn't mean to put you to any trouble - I'm sorry! Just that I like to note when google translate has been more than usually... unreliable. For my own sake as well, so that I always remember not to take everything I read at exact face value, however straightforward it may seem. (Of course I'm very thankful to google translate - there's so much I'd miss out on if it didn't exist - but it's not perfect.:))

@galiavich - yes, Music of the Night - sorry! (I'll probably forget and call it Magic of the Night again next time, I'm afraid... ) It's bad enough when it's only music... but that buttery song. (shudders) And the worst part? The horrid thing gets stuck in my head!

Anyway, sorry about the digressions everyone! And... Go, Liza! :)

adelia

Record Breaker
@adelia - Oh, I didn't mean to put you to any trouble - I'm sorry! Just that I like to note when google translate has been more than usually... unreliable. For my own sake as well, so that I always remember not to take everything I read at exact face value, however straightforward it may seem. (Of course I'm very thankful to google translate - there's so much I'd miss out on if it didn't exist - but it's not perfect.:))

Nah, it's fine, no need to apologize. :)

Edit:
Gorgeous Liza, wonderful today. :love:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am sooooo happy for Liza!! Holding my breath every time she took off. I hope she will skate like this tomorrow!!! :yay:

LRK

Record Breaker
Liza, Liza, Liza, Liza! (fistpumps) I'm so happy for her! I'm so hoping she will slay tomorrow - especially since I absolutely adore her LP! It's just so right for her. :)