Russian Nationals, Day Three | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals, Day Three

Eislauffan

Spectator
Ice Dancing, FD

1. Navka/Kostomarov
„Pink Panther”, “Austin Powers”
well done, entertaining, the crowd loved it. I think there are a few empty places in the program, especially in the middle and slow part, footwork rather easy

2. Domnina/Shabalin
“Four Seasons Tango” (Eight Seasons is probably the correct title)
they had good speed throughout the performance, looked more polished, nice dance spin, lifts could be better

3. Kulikova/Novikov
“Carmina Burana” (new arrangement)
really heavy, footwork laboured

4. Khokhlova/Novicki
“Prince Igor” (Polovetsian Dances)
interesting lifts, good flow. I liked them better than Kulikova/Novikov

Pairs, FP
1. Totmianina/Marinin
“Plushenko’s music” (I’ll name it that way before I know the real name!)
not so stellar. 2S (was planned I guess), 3T-2T she struggled on the landing, 2Tw, 3WR, 2WS, lifts not so strong

2. Petrova/Tikhonov
“Princess of the Circus”
They had a good chance to win this one, but they blew it. 2A^3T he doubled, 3WR fall, 3Tw, difficult lifts, but the second lasso lift was slow, 2A she step out, 3WS

3. Obertas/Slavnov
3T^2T, 3Tw high, 3T she underrotated, 3WF nice, 3WR she smiles, nice lifts and connecting moves.

4. Borzenkova/Chuvilaev
? (I missed it), 2A, 3WR, 3T she stumbled badly, 3Tw, 3WS fell

5. Shestakova/Lebedev
3S^2T, 2Tw, 3WR, 3T he step out, 3WS step out, overall quite good, dynamic, they have potential

Men, FP
1. E. Plushenko
“Tribute to Nijinski”
Inspiring performance. 4t-3t-2R, 3A, 3A-3T, 3F, 3L, 3R, 3S, went for Biellmann position in his combospin, it was a bit laboured, but he probably knew that the audience wanted to see it

2. I. Klimkin
“Dr. Diesel“
3A step out, 3A w/hand^2T, 4T hand/feet, camel-camel-3S, 2F two feet, 3R shaky, 3T, good spins

3. A. Griazev
Fellini soundtracks
3A step out^3T, 3A big, 3L fell, 2F, 3S-3T, ? popped, 3R step out, combo spin travelled, 3R two feet

4. A. Lutaj
Rossini Medley
3A fell, 3A w/hand, 3L-3T w/hand, 3R, combo spin slow, 3F, 3S, 3T, 2A-2T two feet-2T
not bad, has potential

5. K. Men’shov
4S, 2A, 3F-2T, 2A step out, 3L possibly two-footed, 3R, 3T-3T two feet, 3S step out, dynamic

6. S. Dobrin
3A fell-2T, 3L-3T three turn, 3F-3T, 1R two feet, 3R, 3S, 3L, 2A, combo spin wobbly. Nice expressive skater, the bland synthesizer music doesn’t show this, unfortunaly. Too bad for the Axel, he landed it several times in practice

7. A. Uspenski
“Phantom on Ice”
3A fell, 3L, 3R, 3F, 3T, 3S-2T, 2A, nice and interesting skater, spins are ok, too, he needs more consistency in his difficult elements, but he is one to watch and improved a lot since last year.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Eislauffan,

Just wanted to say thanks for the reports and welcome to the board.

I promise we'll be more attentive now that the US Nationals are finished. Any Russian FS news is welcome here as few of us speak or read Russian and none of us are there to SEE. Again, thanks.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
eislauffan, What did Obertas / Slavnov do wrong that they didn't win the FP, given the top 2 pairs stumbled? Were they slow? Lacking unison?

Thanks so much for this info.

dpp

Eislauffan,
Welcome and thanks for all this info from me too. I forgot Russian Nats was so soon and something on another thread reminded me. Great reports. No surprises in the Dance and Pairs finish, just surprised that T/M and P/T stumbled and fell while O/S didn't. With O/S coached by Moskvina and Obertas so talented, I'm hopeful to Yulia and her new partner again.
Rgirl