Reason for Tim's Withdrawl | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Reason for Tim's Withdrawl

pipsqueak

Rinkside
Just what could this "out of alignment body mechanics"mean? Does it mean orthotics in your boots? Would that be enough to "right" a problem that looks like it's so severe that Tim should not have been skating at Nationals at all, by the looks of the outcome (and I'm sure it would have been his choice, too, had he known what it might mean to compete with this problem).

Dr. Yu has been involved for a number of years in developing his own boot. He has also done some foot studies at local competitions in the past. I'd like to know what's come of these in the last few years? Does anyone know? Is this the scholarship that Tim's body mechanics have been based upon? This is giving me the willies. I fear it is more than boots and "alignment". I fear it has a base in overuse and injury as others in this thread have been fearing when they compare Tim's problems to Tara's.

AS for Frank Carroll: he is so conservative that no one should picture him putting anything first except the skater. He has no interests except skating and competitions....and would love to "wind down" into his house in Palm Springs if he had a suitable rink nearby so he could "keep a hand in" the skating world to some degree.

Tove

On the Ice
injuries like this are always too scary(someoned mentioned Plushy).....hope Tim get well soon!!

pipsqueak

Rinkside
Maybe Jhar meant that Tim's visible skating posture could have been a signal that he has always struggled with his body "alignment".....whatever that means.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Exactly. It was obvious to me what JHar was implying, and it has EVERYTHING to do with this thread. Also, let's try to be KIND to each other when correcting such things as spelling errors.

Give the guy a break.

It's really happening in all Sports - not just Figure Skating. Athletes are striving for perfect play with drugs, steroids. In professional sports this is their livelihood. Making a cou;le of millions is what they will have for the rest of their lives. Will it last? That's another topic.

In Figure Skating, I don't see the need for steroids except for male Pairs skaters. I can't imagine Timmy or any other figure skater taking steroids, but who knows?

The male figure skater is faced with the almighty Quad (until someone comes up with the Quint). To strive for that goal is going to take its toll.

Timmy has natural rotation (that is an acceptable term in figure skating and dance). He needs to practice the quads on a regular basis but he doesn't have to strive for them. (Most male skaters really have to work at it.)

His problematic body allignment is probably due to his birth as is Alexei's hip problem. I think Frank has done a good job with Timmy who came to him with zero style. It's a slow process for him to develop a style but there are many signs it is coming.

Let's accept that he is not finished, and that he will put himself together real soon. I'm saying this as a long time Johhny fan, btw.

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
It was really heartbreaking to watch ... he just looked shell-shocked in the K&C to me.
It's disturbing to see all these major injuries ... kind of makes you appreciate the extent of damage done by all these quads and 3/3's.

I really hope Timmy can get through this ... he was making such wonderful progress.

We're pulling for you Timmy! :)