Golden Hanger Awards - Top Ladies | Golden Skate

Golden Hanger Awards - Top Ladies

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I 'm glad I spoiled myself because it's been SO fun actually watching the ladies tonight without all that stress of not knowing the finish. I hope some of the rest of you are ready to share some fun on the lighter side. Here are my Golden Hanger nominations.

Skater Most Held Up. Definitely Da Kween. It's not just ISU judges that have a Sekret Konspiracy. There is definitely a Konspiracy that is Sekret between Victoria and Vera.

WuzRobbed. Shiz. I hope she got a partial refund on the cost of the costume for the part that wuz missing, you know, the part that wuz supposed to be covering her backside.

This was a GREAT night of skating and I'm not dissing anyone. All this is said with a smile from my end.

Other award nominees? :):)

DG

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I like Shizuka's dress..looks very art deco and reminds me of the Chrysler Building (in a good way)

Channeling Nancy Kerrigan Award to Sasha.

The Janet Jackson costume malfunction award to Jenny Kirk for her QR mishap.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Piel,

LOL on the Near Miss Boobygate Malfunction award. :)

Funny you should mention the Channeling Nancy award for Sasha. I actually thought of Nancy's last Oly costumes tonight - I was thiking that style would be great on Shizuka. I wasn't crazy about Sasha's first Swan costume, and I really wasn't crazy about this one either. Not for it's Nancy qualiities really. I'm just not crazy about feathers and don't think they're necessary in the costumes just because one is skating to a bird piece.

My personal favorite costume tonight was Irina's. I thought it looked great on her, and covered all the right parts. The longer skirts look good on her I think. Can't think of a good Golden Globe Nomination Title for it though. I totally admire her coming back against all odds. But in keeping with the cards, maybe WuzLucky would be my official nomination. :)

:) This really was an exciting comp.

DG

Last edited:

Lucy25

Final Flight
I do not like Shizuka's LP dress at all. It makes me think she will be skating to music from Spider Man or or the Addams Family. Plus, we saw too much of her tush. And her SP dress - ghastly.

Love the skirt on Sasha's new LP dress. That's all I liked about it.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Nancys black dress with the silver trim is one of my favorites along with her white "wedding Dress". I was less impressed with her Olympic LP gold dress with the fishnet arms but even it was better than a lot of other costme's I've seen.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Nancy's black dress..

That one would look TERRIFIC on Shiz IMO. Do we have a future in FS Fashion Consulting? Or maybe a High Profile Red Carpet TV Show?

:)

DG

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Yes, I think that we could replace Jioan and Melissa. I don't know if I could put up with Leon for the Golden Hanger shows though.

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Thank you, Lucy, for having me NOT be the only person who thought we say too much (WAY too much) of Shizuka's tush.

I really liked Michelle's new SP dress. Gorgeous!!

Didn't like Cohen's new LP dress as much as the old one; however, I think some of the excess fluff got whacked off her SP dress because it seemed a bit of an improvement. (Either that, or my retinas are now desensetized to it at this point in the season:laugh: )

IDLERACER

Medalist
I'm surprised that no one has yet commented on that Bulgarian ice dancer who was wearing Alexander Abt's old jellyfish costume. The tenticles kept flying both in his face and his partner's. For a second there, he looked like the cover of the Rolling Stone's "Goat's Head Soup" album.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I did comment on Staviyisky's costume, actually, in a different post. I just didn't feel like repeating myself, since I'd already done so about Shizuka's rear-end.....:D

guinevere

Final Flight
I like Shizuka's dress from the front, but the poor girl had major butt floss for the whole program! Some of Dick's comments were timed very humorously with the camera angles, LOL.

I liked Michelle's dress much more here than at Nationals - the peach color did not come off so salmon-y. Also, not seeing the same strappy design on three dresses in one competition helps.

I'm glad Sasha ditched her hideous previous Swan Lake outfit, but this one also didn't work for me. The design/color didn't support the program at all, the color kind of washed her out, and she still managed to have a darting neckline down the chest. I don't know if Sasha has a sadistic costume designer or just really bad taste, but the plunging neckline look has got to GO! Funny, I always like Sasha's Short Program dresses, but her LP ones get worse each season.

I wasn't nuts about the heart design on Irina's SP costume, but the cut was very nice, and it was a really different look for her! Then I saw the LP dress and went "That's the Irina we know & love!" - skirt comprised of many floaty pieces of fabric which create the illusion of a skirt, yet fall to either side of her thighs (probably feels very free, movement-wise). I don't dislike Irina's usual costume style, I was just so surprised to see a new look for the SP (which I thought was flattering)...and then back to Slute-style in the free.

guinevere

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Shizuka's dress was lovely, but yes, the back end looked like something in a rap video ("Baby Got Back.") As far as her SP dress is concerned, the less that is said the better. It looked like it was designed by Ann Patrice's mother.

I think I preferred Sasha's old SL dress. The new one seemed kinda blah.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Shizuka's swan lake SP dress HAS TO GO!!!! It looked like a glam rocker outfit David Bowie would wear!!!! lol

Michelle's new white SP dress was the best of the competition by far! Beautiful

I liked Sasha's old swan lake knock off much better.. The black lines of the feathers really give definition to the dress.. Plus, the whole good swan bad swan impression..

YEAH, Shizuka NEEDS a LONGER skirt!!!!!! I saw WAY too much of her BUTT!!!!!! lol

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Those SUN & MOON costumes on Winkler and Lohse were hideous. Surely there are more subtle ways of expressing "sun" and "moon". Even the color combination was an affront to good taste.

Loved Michelle's SP dress.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
LOL RGal...

I guess will call that one the "Wuz Working Day and Night on Skating And Wuz No Time Left To Shop" costume award.

DG

Jhar55

Medalist
I liked Sasha's first Swan Lake dress, but not the one she wore last night.
Also notice that Michelle added some trim to the top of her's, guess it was so she did show too much cleavage.

Antilles

Medalist
I liked Michelle's blue SP dress at Nats better. Add me to the list of people who think Shizuka's butt was eating her outfit. That can't be comfy. I think I preferred Sasha's old dress. I actually liked Irina's QR dress. I thought she looked very pretty.

I also really liked Kati Winkler's dress, but the less said about Rene Lohse, the better. He's starting to look like Gwendal Peizerat with his long hair. Overall, I was impressed with the dance outfits. They were more toned down this year. Less of the awful over-the-top stuff. I thought Navka and Belbin looked the best. I really liked Megan Wing's new FD dress too.