Mid-Season Rusty Hanger Nominations | Golden Skate

Mid-Season Rusty Hanger Nominations

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Let's have some fun!!! We will be doing a service to the skaters who might still have time to make costume changes before their National events / Oly's. We will be doing ouselves a favor by possbily reducing the number of costumes out there causing our eyes to bleed.

I figure by now everyone knows that Rusty Hanger Awards are for BAD costumes. But just in case.....

Now that I've figured out how to set up polls, here's what I propose.

Make as many nominations here in this thread as you want to for all 4 diciplines. Please include a link to a picture with your nominations. Nominations for the polls will close at noon CST this Saturday. I will set up polls for each dicipline sometime Saturday afternoon. Then the voting will begin!!! (Polls are limited to 10 selections, so I hope we have a full 10 in each dicipline. I will reserve the right to do the chacking if we have more than 10 nominations in a dicipline)

In addition to a Rusty Hanger, the winners will also be sent Vera Wang's phone number. ;)

DG

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
Can't link to a photo at present, but would nonetheless like to nominate Sandhu's hideous exhibition costume from Skate Canada. What was he thinking. I mean really. The black pants with a silver sparkle coupled with that billious green disco shirt - awful in every way. My eyes, my eyes!

Also Pang and Tong's LP outfits - the black with the terrible muted yellow and the requisite stringy bits hanging from various parts of the fabric - not good. Hie thee to a designer, I say.

Last edited:

Linny

Final Flight
Stringy Bits

Usually stringy bits don't bother me... but at CoR on Johnny Weir's LP costume, at the bottom of on leg, there was a loose piece of fabric. I kept wondering if that was dangerous.
Linny

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I'm better at being rediculously critical of costumes than finding pictures of them on the net!!! Anyway, Rain, I think this is the Sandhu masterpiece you are nominating. Scroll down the page (that also includes other pictures) and let me know if this is it.

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events_results/events/mcsci05/news/photo_sun2.cfm

Is this the Pang/Tong creation you nominated?

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c12%2f8%2f2005%7c12%2f7%2f2004%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c2%7cGrand+Prix+of+Figure+Skating%7c-8193%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=2&tag=4

Linny, I'm looking for one of Johnny that you are talking about, but haven't found one yet. I'm hoping for volunteers from the Picture Locating Savvy GS'ers!!

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I have a shredder in my office. Maybe I have a future as a skating costume designer. :)

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Every one of those Polka CD costumes should be burned!!!! :rofl:

For the sake of a good laugh, I'm really, REALLY hoping that the Polka is drawn as the Olympics CD, so that we get to see all of these hokey creations on TV! LET'S POLKA...WOOOHOOO!!!!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Frau Muller said:
Every one of those Polka CD costumes should be burned!!!! :rofl:

For the sake of a good laugh, I'm really, REALLY hoping that the Polka is drawn as the Olympics CD, so that we get to see all of these hokey creations on TV! LET'S POLKA...WOOOHOOO!!!!

:rofl: Since they never show the CD's on TV, do you have some specific couples in mind from whichever comp(s) this was used? Gotta go hunt up some pictures for some official nominations.

dG

Hikaru

Final Flight
Doggygirl said:
I have a shredder in my office. Maybe I have a future as a skating costume designer. :)
:clap: :rofl: And if for some reason the shredder doesn't work, we gat always toss the costume to a pair of pittbulls to take care of it.

Kasey

Medalist
Wow, all these posts and no one has mentioned Griazev's LP costume! Awww, my boy! :)

MissCleo

On the Ice
That cross between a flying chipmunk and a bat of a costume that Griazev wears needs to be burned!

rain

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
I'm better at being rediculously critical of costumes than finding pictures of them on the net!!! Anyway, Rain, I think this is the Sandhu masterpiece you are nominating. Scroll down the page (that also includes other pictures) and let me know if this is it.

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events_results/events/mcsci05/news/photo_sun2.cfm

Is this the Pang/Tong creation you nominated?

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c12%2f8%2f2005%7c12%2f7%2f2004%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c2%7cGrand+Prix+of+Figure+Skating%7c-8193%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=2&tag=4

Linny, I'm looking for one of Johnny that you are talking about, but haven't found one yet. I'm hoping for volunteers from the Picture Locating Savvy GS'ers!!

DG

That is indeed the one of Sandhu - it doesn't show the costume in its full glory, however, as partway through the performace he takes off the muting suit jacket - I'm sure you can imagine the results.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Griazev-What was he thinking? Don't skater's get to say,"No", if something is way too far out there to wear, anywhere? The leather part that covers his chest just looks, not good lol The outfit was so distracting, I couldn't watch the program, properly.

Last edited:

perry125

Rinkside
Am I the only one who thought there was something terribly wrong with Emanuel Sandhu's pants in the LP?

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
perry125 said:
Am I the only one who thought there was something terribly wrong with Emanuel Sandhu's pants in the LP?

Umm. Are you thinking about the fact that they may have been at least one size to small? ;)

Griasev is a worthy nominee, and I will hunt down a picture. And no one has mentioned Lambiel's Zebra costume, which I personally think is worthy. And as always Joubert has, IMO, contributed to the Rusty Hanger costume collection.

I'm sure there are many choice Dance pictures yet to be found. Can't wait to dig deeper in the Yankee Polka department. But I think Chait's ostrich looking thing has to make the list as well.

I'm sure there must be some over-use of illusion fabric in the Ladies division to consider. More Pairs???

DG