Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
That said, I think RJ2 costume would still suit him. If he looks natural in the Requiem costume, he could pull off RJ2 as well, the difference in the body is small enough. But that's a moot point since I really doubt he'll ever do an ex with it. Parisian Walkways ir Seimei are more likely.

I think so too. Probably he'll never repeat RJ2 or Phantom etc again since they have never been his trademark programs like PW and Seimei or Ballade. The stories of Requiem and FTT have been told already, too. I'm looking forward to Seimei and Ballade as EXs though.

Btw, I wonder how "new" they can make Yuzu from now on. Image change thing is such an exciting rarity in nowadays men' field. If Yuzu's willing to explore himself more than anyone, more than fans and new managers, I'll be very happy.

giulia95

Medalist
You seem to ignore the fact he skated the programme at a summer show last year. And it was fun and a success - in fact, he grew into it and looked much more natural than he did when he was 17.

no I don't , in fact I specified Yuzu eliminated " Hello.." as a COMPETITION EX, which means he never skated to it again in COMPETITIONS after SA 2012.

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
p. 2701 – 2710

NEWS

Is he there? it kinda looks like him on the left.
https://twitter.com/tcscc_athletics/status/753997688186761217

There is Yuzuru? (Some people say that.)

I haven’t read the article yet, but people who got this magazine are saying that Yuzuru’s new SP is something upbeat, the costume is something totally different to previous ones and the EX is by David Wilson

OK, I read the article. It’s an interview with Noriko Shirota.
Actually, she didn’t say “upbeat” but she said the image of it is close to his ’12-’13 ex, “Hello, I Love You”. She can’t reveal the name of the music yet but the program will be something interesting, including the costume and it will showcase a new Yuzuru.
The FS is coming along fine, including the music choice. She didn’t reveal the choreographer for the FS (nor the SP) because she wanted to leave that up to Yuzuru. (uh, Brian?)

I’m glad he is working with DW again. I think it’s a good idea to use any of the sources available at TCC so having him choreograph an ex sounds like an excellent idea.
For costumes, I just hope he won’t be wearing his shiny black pants!

PICTURES, VIDEOS & OTHER

I don't actually know what I'm doing (mainly because I never bothered to figure out how my editing program works) but I still tried to turn some of my photo scans into wallpapers. There's probably a dozen things wrong with these, but what the heck

Throw back to a very good 3A3T three years ago: https://youtu.be/hx_ui1MJbmA?t=3m9s

And that wasn't his best 3A yet.

From Sibsibu's instagram.
group number 4 years ago. THE ICE?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIADVJRAGpS/
dancer yuzu!

etA: The full version of "Call Me baby"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y06vF8Lu3-c&feature=youtu.be

His movie at New York Japan festival on July 16!
http://japansociety.org/event/the-magnificent-nine

A bookstore at his hometown Sendai showing "blue flam II"
https://twitter.com/maruzen_aer/status/754190038947069952

MCM says that his inspiration is Yuzuru.

Martinez, who is set to leave for the United States this weekend to resume training in Lake Forest, California, said his inspiration in his rigorous buildup for the next Winter Games is Japanese Yuzuru Hanyu, who came out of nowhere to upset Canadian favorite Patrick Chan and capture the men’s gold medal.

TRANSLATIONS

I've seen some reports about the "Talk Event" on Yuzu's Blue Flames 2. I have found the blog post which probably summarizes the most important parts(?) http://yumi0511.blog100.fc2.com/blog-entry-137.html
Would be great if someone tried to translate it
Sorry, I'm slow in translation, and this report is a bit too long for me now.

So, another shorter report of the Talk Event with my rough translation.

https://twitter.com/yuzuna_sk8/status/755712846256680960

https://twitter.com/yuzuna_sk8/status/755714694111834112

Ms. Hasegawa and Ms. Ohkubo (Editor) were on the stage.
They also showed more than 20 photos that had not been released.
The participants could receive presents including posters and "Blue Flame" 1&2 POPs. (So jealous )

They met Yuzu in Toronto in the middle of May. He had icing on his foot, but he did his machine-gun talk vigorously
(As he had not skated for about a month), "I want to skate soon!" "I'm afraid to be back on the ice though ." He talked these very vigorously.
But he has started his training already and it is proceeding smoothly.

https://twitter.com/yuzuna_sk8/status/755716364669587456

They asked Yuzuru to decide the cover in Toronto in May. Yuzuru and his mother agreed on the one used as the cover actually. Another option was also the Time Traveler (NYOI) used in the inside cover (front page?). For the back cover, they asked to choose from 3 options; praying pose, in black shirt ones in FaOI Kobe last year.

https://twitter.com/yuzuna_sk8/status/755719208055349248

Originally, it was scheduled to be published much earlier (around the end of 2014?)
Because it was late, the items were increased, and the interviews were deleted substantially.
Among them, they (editors) really miss the part;
"If I'm injured in the Olympic season, you can be mad at me. You can get angry as in the way "ムカ着火ファイヤー" :ddevil: or "激おこプンプン丸" :furious:

So, sorry. I've given up to translate these parts. These are Anime phrases, aren't they? Somebody, please help with these

They really miss the above part to be omitted.

OK, I decided to explain in detail ムカ着火ファイヤー Muka-chakka-fire" and "激おこプンプン丸 geki-oko-punpun-maru"

Both are used jokingly to illustrate the burning mad state.

Angry stages:
http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2136245378832291301

ムカ muka - Onomatopae when anoyed or frustrated or angered.
着火 chakka - inflamed
ファイヤー fire

http://image.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?rkf=2&ei=UTF-8&p=ムカ着火ファイアー

激 geki - extremely
おこ oko (okoru) - angry/mad
プンプン punpun - onomatopae of anger
丸 maru - suffix for names used by samurai class for little boys. They usually changed their names when grown up.

http://image.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?rkf=2&ei=UTF-8&p=激おこぷんぷんまる

I couldn't find English version
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milchname

I hope you can use these someday somewhere

"She became Muka-chakka-fire instantly on hearing that news :ddevil:"
"Oh, she was such Geki-oko-punpun-maru. I'd better keep away from her for a while :shrug:"

But we all know no one can get mad at injured Yuzuru, even if it is the Olympic season. Really hope this is just a joke. Stay healthy, Yuzuru

Fayruza

Match Penalty
no I don't , in fact I specified Yuzu eliminated " Hello.." as a COMPETITION EX, which means he never skated to it again in COMPETITIONS after SA 2012.
Which does not mean that the programme sucks if he still continues to skate it and have fun with it. I see no real difference between competition galas and summer shows - both are pure entertainment. So the boundary is artificial.
That said, one programme I hope he never ever revisits is Somebody To Love. Honestly.

Last edited:

PatricksGaze

On the Ice

You seem to imply that Yuzu doesn't like Hello as a program which is why he didn't perform it much in Galas? Did I get you right? Is it because of "sexy" implication to this EX?:think:

giulia95

Medalist
Which does not mean that the programme sucks if he still continues to skate it and have fun with it. I see no real difference between competition galas and summer shows - both are pure entertainment. So the boundary is artificial.
That said, one programme I hope he never ever revisits is Somebody To Love. Honestly.

IMO the difference between competition galas and summer shows is quite big.

Galas are usually broadcasted live worldwide and have a very high number of viewers, what a skater performs in a gala has a lot to to do with the image of himself he/she wants to transmit to the audience.
After the elimination of “ Hello I love you” from competitions , Yuzu has been very coherent , showing a lyrical and emotional imagine of himself in almost all his EX .
In his most important victories he skated to the mystical White Legend (Olys) and to the mythical R&J1 (2014 Worlds) .
He is simply faithful to his japanese pure inner essence, which has not changed after he moved to Canada.
He is the japanese Yuzuru Hanyu, the one who carries his Pooh everywhere he goes , his IDENTITY is japanese.
Remember that for Yuzu everything has a meaning and his ex at galas ( new or old programs) are very often symbolic, with a very deep meaning, many are related to the 2011 earthquake, like White Legend, Scriabin Etude, Hana Ninare, Requiem, Hana wa saku….
Most of the time I'm in tears after his galas.

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Oh, Change is great! He can surely rock!
I love his drama queen mode, but I still say he needs to let his inner rock star come out to play more often :biggrin: I'm totally ready for a new program that's less :drama::sad21: and more :rock::dance3:

oriquey

Final Flight
What is so bad about Hello, I Love You? I think it is a fun ex that nuances Yuzuru. And if it is his choice to do an SP in a similar vein to it, then by all means. And when it comes to "identity", I don't think we should see it as a fixed construct. It is something fluid, anyways.

Last edited:

giulia95

Medalist
What is so bad about Hello, I Love You? I think it is a fun ex that nuances Yuzuru. And if it is his choice to do an SP in a similar vein to it, then by all means. And when it comes to "identity", I don't think we should see it as a fixed construct. It is something fluid, anyways.

IMO Hello I love you is pretty vulgar, but it’s just my opinion, I have no problems to accept other fans like it. I think Yuzu’s japanese identity is quite solid and strong and is a very big part of his shining aura, but this doesn't mean it is fixed .
On a lighter note, we could say his japanese identity is as fluid as his Pooh bear, wich his canadian coach desperately tried to eliminate but FORTUNATELY he was completely ineffective in doing it.:laugh:

oriquey

Final Flight
Hearing this sliver of news about his upcoming programmes makes me feel that Christmas came early :D

oriquey

Final Flight
IMO Hello I love you is pretty vulgar, but it’s just my opinion, I have no problems to accept other fans like it. I think Yuzu’s japanese identity is quite solid and strong and is a very big part of his shining aura, but this doesn't mean it is fixed .
On a lighter note, we could say his japanese identity is as fluid as his Pooh bear, wich his canadian coach desperately tried to eliminate but FORTUNATELY he was completely ineffective in doing it.:laugh:

Yes, it is strong but if he feels like he wants to evolve then I welcome his decision. It's an ever-changing process with no end. I don't think the new SP will be exactly like Hello, I Love You. Just in the same vein as the ex. yeah... Principal Coach Pooh will be there for a very, very long time :laugh: Sorry, Brian.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
IMO the difference between competition galas and summer shows is quite big.

Galas are usually broadcasted live worldwide and have a very high number of viewers, what a skater performs in a gala has a lot to to do with the image of himself he/she wants to transmit to the audience.
After the elimination of “ Hello I love you” from competitions , Yuzu has been very coherent , showing a lyrical and emotional imagine of himself in almost all his EX .
In his most important victories he skated to the mystical White Legend (Olys) and to the mythical R&J1 (2014 Worlds) .
He is simply faithful to his japanese pure inner essence, which has not changed after he moved to Canada.
He is the japanese Yuzuru Hanyu, the one who carries his Pooh everywhere he goes , his IDENTITY is japanese.
Remember that for Yuzu everything has a meaning and his ex at galas ( new or old programs) are very often symbolic, with a very deep meaning, many are related to the 2011 earthquake, like White Legend, Scriabin Etude, Hana Ninare, Requiem, Hana wa saku….
Most of the time I'm in tears after his galas.
Right. I keep forgetting Yuzuru isn't human for you. So why on earth in the year of 2011 did this angel pick up a crappy pop song as an ex - that being a traumatic year, after all?
And at summer shows Yuzuru doesn't want "to transmit any image to the audience", does he now? You're making him a bit calculating, you know. More people watch him - ergo, he's got to project a perfect image of himself, but he can be whatever he wants to be at a summer show, because apparently he doesn't care about the audience watching him there. I'm sure he has his own reasons to choose what he skates at galas - I'm happy he sticks to his choices no matter what (including R&J2 costume :biggrin:), I admire him for his will-power and determination, his grace and his being different to everyone else, but I sure would like to think he doesn't have to stick within this somewhat narrow scope. He can if he likes, but he can also explore outside it - and that's why I find Hello I Love You fascinating and fun to watch. I love Hana Wa Saku (skated once at an international gala, wasn't it?) as well, for instance, but I enjoy the versatility. Without having to read some tinfoil hat stories into why he skates this or that.

Last edited:

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
Surely, he's forced to flirt with and tease the audience this way! :biggrin: He just looks it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhFL_HBNDwE

Sure, he seemingly had fun. Whatever the program is, Yuzu owns it and manages to enjoy himself :agree: Even though he himself admitted to feel uncomfortable with sexy genre in general, it shouldn't stop him from enjoying the rythm, the rock, the beats and energy, whether it comes from within himself or the audience. His new SP may not even have sexy undertones, what matters is his ability to find pleasure in performing it and enjoy its upbeat energy. It's been long ago since he was able to do it, like in Change.
This time, at this point of his life he shall not be forced into anything though. Hopefully nothing unnecessarily uncomfortable happens, like leather pants :biggrin:

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Sure, he seemingly had fun. Whatever the program is, Yuzu owns it and manages to enjoy himself :agree: Even though he himself admitted to feel uncomfortable with sexy genre in general, it shouldn't stop him from enjoying the rythm, the rock, the beats and energy, whether it comes from within himself or the audience. His new SP may not even have sexy undertones, what matters is his ability to find pleasure in performing it and enjoy its upbeat energy. It's been long ago since he was able to do it, like in Change.
This time, at this point of his life he shall not be forced into anything though. Hopefully nothing unnecessarily uncomfortable happens, like leather pants :biggrin:

Oh please, this is no Sex Bomb! :biggrin: It's pretty innocent even with a bit of striptease. Its sexiness is subdued and thus enhanced, I have to say. Nothing is in your eye - just those supple, fluid, cool moves, him just being him, anyway.
Parisian Walkways is similar - but it's sure more competitive.

liv

Record Breaker
I personally loved "Hello" but maybe because I first saw it from last summer when he had grown up more and it fit him better. It was a side I had not seen before and I was glad of it. I think something in that general vein for his sp sounds great. We know he loves that kind of music, he is always moving to it at exhibitions, so why not let that loose in competition. If he loves the music he chose, he can sell it, that is a certainty. I love seeing versatility... not everyone can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.