Tuktamysheva looking good | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva looking good

Selene

On the Ice
Looking good? I would like to point out that she was beaten by Leonova! That's in my books not looking that great skatingwise. (It may be good for majority countries, but with skating like this she has no chance against Sotnikova, Radionova, Lipnistkaya and Pogorilaya. Doing 3T-3T is not enough in Russia!)

Liza won the Nebelhorn Trophy event. Leonova only beat her in the SP; Liza won the LP by a good margin.

Liza is still recovering from her injury. But she seems to have regained all of her jumps, so I am confident she will bring back the 3Lz-3T.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Liza! So happy for her! Loved both of her programs! :clap:

borzaya

Final Flight
Liza sticks faithfully to her black robes :laugh: But I am glad so much about her skating and her win! (and about Alena, too!) Congratulations to the girls! :clap:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
So for this event, for the LP, she had planned (probably because 3Lz-3T is not there ready):

3Lz
3Lz-2T-2L
3F
3T-3T (this is probably planned in the second half also)
(second half)
3Loop
3S-2A seq
2A.

compared to her previous layout
3Lz-3T
3Lz
3F
(second half)
2A-3T
3S-2T-2L
3L
2A

how much is she losing in base value with her current layout?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Unfortunately her 3-3 was not counted in the second half (which has only 3 jump passes). Moving it over there woud have only been an extra point anyways.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Those black robes are horrendous. :laugh: But they kinda fit the Middle Eastern theme. :)

They remind me a bit of the dance of the veils.
And when I think of other middle-eastern themed costumes...with baggy pants, tube tops, snakes and lots of jangly jewelry, I find Liza's interpretation refreshing.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I agree that it's got the veil thing going, maybe it's the colour... It detracts from her lines, IMO.

I love the energy in her second half but the first half is still kinda blah. That should hopefully improve though now that she's got some confidence in her jumps back.

Matilda

Medalist
Yay Liza!!! I haven't seen her FS yet, but she looked great in the SP. I hope her back is healing well--her 3Lz had great height already in the SP, so hopefully can bring her 3Lz-3T back soon.

I seriously wish people would stop talking about the little curvier female skaters as "overweight". Not everyone is made of the same mold, and Liza has never, imo, been overweight. If you've seen her in person, she is petite. I love her personality and perseverance. Go get'em Liza! :)

Barb

Record Breaker
I dont want to get too much excited about this, but she is looking great :popcorn:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I'm so happy fir her, I hope this is a start to many more wins, I think it'll take some time for her to be more comfortable and to get into the groove but I'm really proud of her

lady_bee

Medalist
I seriously wish people would stop talking about the little curvier female skaters as "overweight". Not everyone is made of the same mold, and Liza has never, imo, been overweight. If you've seen her in person, she is petite. I love her personality and perseverance. Go get'em Liza! :)

Yes!! I don't think she is "overweight" at all. She might look heavier compare to other Russian younger skaters, but those girls are unusually skinny, which, even made me worried about their health. Liza is in a good shape, or even skinnier than average girls. Most importantly, she is such a talented skater! I am looking forward to see her next competition.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I really like Liza this season! :clap:
I like both of her program because it shows her real personality.
I like her dress also!! :yes: Compared to others skaters liza is herself and the more I watch her, the more I like her with her mysterious black outfit.
She is herself on the ice and that make her black dress looks beautiful in her!

zytolda

On the Ice
I agree with you - Lisa looks super. she is not skinny like a child but she looks like young woman - this same Gracie Gold - they left their skinny look in the past and both look beautiful,
Yes!! I don't think she is "overweight" at all. She might look heavier compare to other Russian younger skaters, but those girls are unusually skinny, which, even made me worried about their health. Liza is in a good shape, or even skinnier than average girls. Most importantly, she is such a talented skater! I am looking forward to see her next competition.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Congratulations, Liza! Welcome back Queen Tuk!! :clap:

Hopefully she can keep this up all season.

Also, the FS costume suits her, it fits the theme well and is much nicer than the usual sparkles and glitter on top of black tights we see from her.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
For me the best part of the program is Liza's smile at the end. Hopefully Nebelhorn has gone a long way to helping her regain her confidence!