First performance of Savchenko/Massot | Golden Skate

First performance of Savchenko/Massot

s_parks

Record Breaker
Their elements look great for their short time together. The transitions and flow will come as they gel more.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Wow! The twist is insane. Can any of the couples at GPF match that? (Maybe Peng/Zhang?) They also seem to have some natural chemistry and performance ability, which is good.

She's still two-footing the throw a little, and they do seem a bit slow. But those things can be improved as they get used to each other's timing.

(Btw, Aliona, please get funding soon so you can dress your man in more, er, eye-catching outfits. :laugh:)

s_parks

Record Breaker
Wow! The twist is insane. Can any of the couples at GPF match that? (Maybe Peng/Zhang?) They also seem to have some natural chemistry and performance ability, which is good.

She's still two-footing the throw a little, and they do seem a bit slow. But those things can be improved as they get used to each other's timing.

(Btw, Aliona, please get funding soon so you can dress your man in more, er, eye-catching outfits. :laugh:)

I think Fedorova/Miroshkin's twist rivals P/Z's, possibly.

cjmorton29

Rinkside
I think he picked up a t-shirt that was a tad too small...

Seriously, though it's a decent start. Elements look pretty good, and that twist could definitely become their signature. Gotta admit that I'm rather skeptical about it still- I don't think it will be easy to match the magic that was S/S at their best.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I can't stop watching that twist and the throw! The height is MONSTROUS. This might be the surprise of the next quad. Great timing and speed already.

They can't do worlds 2015, right? So their first competition they'd have to qualify and do some B/C events before they even get GP assignments?

QuadThrow

Medalist
Does anybody knows when they will start to compete?

The French Figure Skating does not allow Bruno to start for Germany. That is why Savchenko/Massot are not permitted to start at shows or competitions. No one know when they will begin their second careers.

It is a sad and frustrating situation. Aljona and Bruno do not have the money to remunerate Aljona´s former coach (and life partner) Ingo Steuer. The German Figure Sakting Union is not allowed to pay for Ingo Steuer because he has worked for the secret service of the former GDR. That is why Savchenko/Massot are coached by Alexander Koenig at the moment. It is said that Oleg Vassiliev will come to Germany to become their coach:confused::agree:

The German Figure Skating Union contacted the ISU and aksed for the release of Savchenko/Massot. Germany hopes that the ISU will see the reasons that there are too little world class pairs in Europe.

Aljona´s aim is to compete in Poeng Chang 2018. It would be her fifth Olympic Games (with three partners). To my mind she might be the first figure skater who takes part in five games!

Macassar88

Medalist
It would be great for Oleg to coach them! Although I'm not sure about whether his choreography would fit them.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
More like weird outfit. :biggrin:
Hey, hey, I was trying to be nice here!

Aljona´s aim is to compete in Poeng Chang 2018. It would be her fifth Olympic Games (with three partners). To my mind she might be the first figure skater who takes part in five games!
Don't forget Hao Zhang, who is also shooting for his fifth Olympics. Though he "only" had two partners. :laugh: (Also, they'd be the first pairs skaters--I think one ice dance team has done five Olympics).

I hope to see Savchenko/Massot in competition soon!

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It is a sad and frustrating situation. Aljona and Bruno do not have the money to remunerate Aljona´s former coach (and life partner) Ingo Steuer. The German Figure Sakting Union is not allowed to pay for Ingo Steuer because he has worked for the secret service of the former GDR. That is why Savchenko/Massot are coached by Alexander Koenig at the moment. It is said that Oleg Vassiliev will come to Germany to become their coach:confused::agree:

QUOTE]

I don't understand this part. Wasn't Steuer their coach all those years for Germany?? Somebody please explain this to me!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I don't understand this part. Wasn't Steuer their coach all those years for Germany?? Somebody please explain this to me!
I'm not sure what's going on either, but maybe: Because S/S were a top team, they had the money to pay him. A new partnership, on the other hand...

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm not sure what's going on either, but maybe: Because S/S were a top team, they had the money to pay him. A new partnership, on the other hand...

that makes sense. I hope it all gets worked out, they are looking pretty good.