Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov

madforskating

On the Ice
Nobody really cares about WTT and besides, Stolbova/Klimov fell twice at Worlds so it's not like Evgenia and Vlad just blew their chance at being number one Russian pair. (As a fan of both, I can't wait to see the rivalry next season!). Just saying, Evgenia and Vlad have plenty of room for one bad skate.

madforskating

On the Ice
Peter, Great!!!:yahoo:

https://youtu.be/ctHCHSTwQG4?t=25 LP WTT 2017. They were fabulous!!! :yes:

Great job, guys! They gave that program a great sendoff. It actually grew on me this season, I like the middle part. That said, I think they're capable of so much more, so I hope Peter gives them something like what he did for Kavaguti and Smirnov. But it should really be custom to Evgenia and Vlad.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Is it my imagination but has he got some more strength for the lifts? They are a pair who can skate to any kind of music and do it well.

newyn

On the Ice
Very well skated today! And the lifts indeed did seem more secure than they have been.

Tchernychev did their SP this season, didn't he? I think it's brilliant, it has so much fun choreographic details like the steps to the triple toes and the finger point and the small lifts. And while I like their LP and, unlike many, really like the music, in my opinion choreographically it just wasn't on par with their SP or with the LP's of other top pairs. So I think this is great news, and I'm looking forward to seeing their new programs!

I'm a bit worried though, they have been so delightfully outside of the box with their music choices, if they decide to go with, say, the Nutcracker or POTO for the olympic season I might be a little disappointed :laugh: But not really. I think they can skate to almost anything.

madforskating

On the Ice
Very well skated today! And the lifts indeed did seem more secure than they have been.

Tchernychev did their SP this season, didn't he? I think it's brilliant, it has so much fun choreographic details like the steps to the triple toes and the finger point and the small lifts. And while I like their LP and, unlike many, really like the music, in my opinion choreographically it just wasn't on par with their SP or with the LP's of other top pairs. So I think this is great news, and I'm looking forward to seeing their new programs! And

I'm a bit worried though, they have been so delightfully outside of the box with their music choices, if they decide to go with, say, the Nutcracker or POTO for the olympic season I might be a little disappointed :laugh: But not really. I think they can skate to almost anything.

I guess that's the best way to sum up their LP this season - not a disaster but you know T/M could skate at the same level as S/H if they had those kind of programs.
I think they need something upbeat and light - they're such happy nice people. They might even look cute in Chaplin or something.

moriel

Record Breaker
I totally agree on upbeat... They arent really a drama couple, and upbeat + big elements always works.

newyn

On the Ice
Yes, I agree drama along the lines of V/T's Dracula or Jesus Christ Superstar would not work for them. However I really liked their Sarabande and thought it suited them and that qualifies as dramatic music, does it not? Maybe something similar would work. Upbeat definitely suits them but it can be hard to maintain for the entirety of the long program. As for Chaplin, the Knierims are doing Chaplin next season and I think one Chaplin per discipline per season is quite enough :)

Dave Lease from TSL once explained his vision that this T/M should skate to Michael Nyman's Memorial and I was initially very dismissive because this couple gets no love from him. (Then again does anyone?) But somehow I think it could maybe work. But most importantly I want Evgenia and Vladimir to skate to music and programs they really like and enjoy performing to.