Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov

Reynnou

On the Ice
on 1 hand yep no I dont want him to work for the rivals (ZE):laugh:
TM it would be great tho! some ppl think they're hopeless in having good progs :laugh:

Well, I'm one of those people :shrug: and it pains me because they have so much qualities :disapp:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I hope Dmitriev realized that this is the kind of competition Alexei and Kristina have to make - clean! The hassle for the triple loop was completely unjustified IMO, and they could have started their upward trajectory last year already, but at least they are doing it now!

Hoping for another good skate tomorrow! :clapper:

Reynnou

On the Ice
Great GP season for them this year!
Shame about the salchow today but they were very good overall. I read that Kristina was a little sick but she doesn't look affected by it.

I'm still not completely sold on the La la land FS but the first 1min15 of the program is fabulous!

The Finn

Record Breaker
"On my initiative we took a break due to a difficult season," Astakhova said on the phone, "I want to relax a little and miss the figure skating." I do not know how long it will take, but I think that this season we will miss. "

So, it seems she is taking a break. He would like to continue his career but he will most likely skate only shows with another partner if he can find one.

LadyB

Record Breaker
On the one hand I feel sad, 'cause I always wished them a bit of better luck. At least, they had the luck and could go to the Olys. I like them as people, especially Alexei. He comes across as a really nice and funny guy.

On the other hand, I really don't know where they were going. So, I doubt they'll be back. Much will also depend on how the next generation does on senior ice.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's official. Kristina Astakhova has retired:

It is very difficult for me to write this post. But I can not remain silent.
Apparently, this Olympic season will be for our couple with Christina Astakhova final.
Christina decided to withdraw from the sport. I was determined to skate for at least 4 more years. But to convince or persuade Christina to continue to go for a drive did not turn out at me, neither at the trainer, nor at Federation of figure skating.

And it can be understood. All these exhausting workouts, injuries, loads, uncomfortable schedules from 10:00 to 22:00, choreography 6 times a week, constant lack of money, stress at competitions, responsibility for the country ... and even this restless Rogonov, ready to endure this all 4 more years 😄

We were called Crystals ...
And I would be glad to still be on the ice, but it seems that Christina's decision is final.
Perhaps someday you will see our couple in ice shows.
But now I feel the strength, and an irresistible desire to continue to grow as an athlete and compete.
Therefore, at the moment I am considering all possible and impossible options ...

Thanks to our coach Arthur Dmitriev for his support and strong shoulder.
Thanks to the choreographer Sergei Komolov for his faith and steep programs.
Thanks to Kristina Astakhova for patience, work and incredible talent!
Thanks to our fans for their support and love!
Thanks to the Federation of figure skating of Russia for understanding and this wonderful video!

It was cool, but the best, of course, is ahead!

https://vk.com/rogonov_alex?w=wall3901912_6232

hanca

Record Breaker
From the wording it seems he wants to continue to compete. Is he looking for a partner then? I can’t think of any senior decent pair lady in Russia. And if he chooses junior lady, the age difference may be huge, and one olympic cycle may not be enough time to make a decent senior pair partner out of junior lady.

ragdoll

On the Ice
I hope he finds a partner but I can't think of any senior Russian female pairs skater either. Could there possibly be a singles skater that would be interested in switching to pairs?

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Someone mentioned Lyubov Ilyushechkina and that would be a great idea if there is no bureaucratic complictions. Does Lyuba maintain a dual citizenship? I know she obtained Canadian citizenship not long ago...