2015 World Team Trophy countries announced | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy countries announced

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Considering one of those quotes from Chan was in response to an injury that another skater suffered during the event, I can see where he's coming from.

I don't mind skaters speaking out against the ISU, but maybe I just like rebels against the establishment. ;)

Chan was referencing Kostya's injury, but actually not expressing sympathy for him, just making selfish "all about me" comments.

I'm still bummed that Kostya got hurt that day, because he was totally well on his way to kicking Kovtun's butt and making the Russian Fed very, very, very humiliated.

andromache

Record Breaker
Chan was referencing Kostya's injury, but actually not expressing sympathy for him, just making selfish "all about me" comments.

I'm still bummed that Kostya got hurt that day, because he was totally well on his way to kicking Kovtun's butt and making the Russian Fed very, very, very humiliated.

The quote begins with "What if that had been me?" This question could've easily been preceded by Chan sympathizing with Menshov i.e. "I feel terrible that Menshov was injured during the event, especially so close to an Olympic year. What if that had been me?" It's possible he's expressing sympathy by imagining himself in Menshov's position. We don't have the interview transcript (unless we do somewhere?) so we have no idea, only what is presented in the article.

I don't hate Chan but I'm not a diehard fan. I just don't really have any interest in seeing skaters lambasted for quotes in articles that may or may not be taken out of context.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Ehh after Worlds a lot of skaters lose their motivation and if they choose not to go they could risk being blocked from doing ice shows to earn money.

Anyway I wonder if Liza will go, she's worked so hard all year and attended so many competitions, I wonder if she'll use this one to throwdown the 3A again for more competition practice. I'm happy to hear Ilinykh/Zhiganshin are going though, they're a new team who's surpassed a lot of people's expectations this season but they need more competition experience and this would be good for them after a not so great Euros and Worlds.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ehh after Worlds a lot of skaters lose their motivation and if they choose not to go they could risk being blocked from doing ice shows to earn money.

See, this I kinda don't get. It's like, two and a half weeks after Worlds; most of these skaters are probably going to go home and relax, rather than immediately join an ice show.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Tweet from Bates indicates that they're going to WTT.

But still no USFS announcement of the team, AFAIK.

See, this I kinda don't get. It's like, two and a half weeks after Worlds; most of these skaters are probably going to go home and relax, rather than immediately join an ice show.

FWIW, Ashley W, Gracie, and Polina are making one appearance each with SOI before WTT.

NMURA

Medalist
Team Japan Announced

Men: Hanyu & Mura
Ladies: Miyahara & Murakami
Pairs: Koga/Francis
Ice Dance: Reeds

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Team Japan Announced

I'm most nervous for Mura. I hope he can have a better skate here than at Worlds :thumbsup:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Russian team:

Pairs: Kavaguti/Smirnov (rumored)
Ice Dance: Ilinykh/Zhiganshin (confirmed)
Ladies: Tuktamysheva (rumored), Radionova (confirmed)
Men: no information so far.

Becki

Medalist
Okay....so when did Takahashi become the weakest link of the team? I am surprised, she can barely jump :/

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Team Japan Announced

Ah....as expected.
Thank you~
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150331-00000096-spnannex-spo

Takahashi/Kihara officially split
Something I expect.
Probably Kihara will be paired with a partner with better jumps.
Shocked but not really.....They were really not working out. I wonder if both are going to find new partners or are they just going to leave pairs? I think Kihara has a good future with Team Japan if he can find the right partner. As much as I adore Narumi, her jumps haven't been there for a long time now....

Lindacrow

Final Flight
Okay....so when did Takahashi become the weakest link of the team? I am surprised, she can barely jump :/

I know, i had such high hopes for her when she and Tran became world bronze medalist...then they split :cry:

kresslia

Medalist
Scott was a douchebag about it because he said "oh my god I hate this event" under his breath immediately following their performance? lmao, are you guys kidding me? Seriously, who cares? He has a right to not like the event. He didn't make a statement about it, the mic just picked up what he was saying while he was likely frustrated and exhausted.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Scott was a douchebag about it because he said "oh my god I hate this event" under his breath immediately following their performance? lmao, are you guys kidding me? Seriously, who cares? He has a right to not like the event. He didn't make a statement about it, the mic just picked up what he was saying while he was likely frustrated and exhausted.
Nah I don't think anyone judge him harshly because of that. Just to show some skaters don't enjoy WTT at all.