2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
My congratulations to these judges who finally had the courage to give V/T exactly the score they deserve (both technically and artistically), not more and not less :shocked: One of the best judging examples I've seen in the last competitions... *shocked*

Except at their best, D/R only get 34 for components. This crappy V/T got 32. And of course accounting for the technical errors. The difference in quality when both are at their peak is correct. Though the skating skills scores are way too low. 6.25??

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Its a pity that Julianne and Chris didn't come clean, they are such a charming pair. The mistake on the Sal cost them the podium.

They are less than a point from 3rd, and they are usually super consistent. So anything is possible :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
V/T have excuse that they are coming back after a hiatus which is always difficult. But what is S/K's excuse for such an underwhelming performance?

S/K have never really been a consistent team. In the second half of last year, for the very first time, they started to be a bit more consistent and added more difficult elements than they had previously been capable of, which improved their results. To me though this is just a return to normal for them- they didn't show me consistency for long enough to really convince me that this was the new them or their true new normal. They basically just had a few good competitions.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

QuadThrow

Medalist
My congratulations to these judges who finally had the courage to give V/T exactly the score they deserve (both technically and artistically), not more and not less :shocked: One of the best judging cases I've seen in the last competitions... *shocked*

That it is... I think it is no desaster. They will work Hard and they will be top again.

But their scores in 2013/2014 are now even more questionable, although they were near pefection

moriel

Record Breaker
That it is... I think it is no desaster. They will work Hard and they will be top again.

But their scores in 2013/2014 are now even more questionable, although they were near pefection

Not really, look at the difference - near perfection in top form and peak of the career vs stumbles just out from a season off due to injury.
They had the scores they deserved then and now =)

QuadThrow

Medalist
The protocol is quite interesting concerning V/T

-1 Time violation
Only Level 2 in the BoDs.... I believe they had got some problems in the past with this element. They changed to FiDs in 2014
All in all missed around 9 points TES and maybe 5 points in PCS...

I think they could achieved around 79 point this year... that would be unbeatable

moriel

Record Breaker
Actually looking at protocols, one thing is kinda weird...
While the judges were super consistent between themselves in giving PCs to other teams, not so much for VT

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Actually looking at protocols, one thing is kinda weird...
While the judges were super consistent between themselves in giving PCs to other teams, not so much for VT

Could you post the link to the scores/protocols? It would be much appreciated.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I hope we all appreciate the hard work Alex D has been putting into promoting the German events on this forum. I certainly do!

Unfortunately, I stayed at Toruń slightly too long (I wasnted to see the girl from Hong Kong), so I missed most of the introduction.

Let's hope for a good day of competitions!

All the best to all the skaters!

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you very much for the nice words, those help a lot especially if not everything goes as planned and a lot must be improvised. Sadly I can not do as much as I wanted to, my time and money is limited so that its just a few events a year. Its also important to note that without the great team here and the ability to get an accreditation, all of that wouldn't be possible.

I also want to apologize that I didn't finish the write up for Pairs and Dance yet and that I didn't post the mens program elements yet.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Men element list.

1 Franz

3A
4T + 2T
CCoSp
CSSP
3Lo
StSq
FCSp

2. Grant

4T + 3T
3A
CCSp
FSSp
3Lz
StSq
CCoSp

3. Phillip

3A
3Lz + 3T
CSp
3F
StSq
FSSp
CCoSp

4. Andrew

3F+3T
3Lz
2A
CCoSp
CSSp
StSq
FCSp

5. Vlatter

3T + 3T
3A
3Lo
FCSp
CCoSp
StSq
CSSp

6. Florent

4S
3A
FCSp
3Lz + 3T
StSq
CSSp
CCOSp

7. Max

4S
3A
CCSp
3Lz + 3T
FSSp
StSq
CCoSp

8. Alexander

3F + 3T
3A
CCSp
3Lz
StSq
FSSp
CCoSp

9. Michael

3A
4S
CCSp
StSq
3F+3T
FSSp
CCoSp

10. Konstantin

4T + 3T
4S
FCSp
3A
StSq
CCoSp
CSSp

11. Jorik

3A
3Lz + 3 T
FCSp
3Lo
CSSp
StSq
CCoSp

12. Julian

3A
3Lz + 3T
FSSp
CCSp
3F
StSq
CCoSp

13. Peter

4T + 3T
CSSp
FCSp
3A
3Lz
StSq
CCoSp

14. Conor

3T+3T
3F
2A
CCSp
CCoSp
StSq
FSSp

15. Elladj

4T
3A
FSSp
3Lz + 3T
CCoSp
StSq
CCSp

16. Markus

3Lo
3Lz + 3T
3A
CCoSp
StSq
FSSp
StSq

As always, the skaters might decide to do another element based on their performance. This is just what they told us showed in practice.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For all those (like me!) who were panicking - the livestream is back on air.

http://www.dailymotion.com/skatingvideos

I might be here for the whole of the Men's SP, but there again I might just watch the first group, and catch up on the rest tomorrow morning.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: