2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Amani and Christopher have split, so no more british pair skating. :(

Wow, I mean their SP was a bit rough, but still... (I wonder what was the breaking point?)

Also Alexander Bjelde (GER) in mens has withdrawn citing injury (according to Twitter)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Amani and Christopher have split, so no more british pair skating. :(

Has anybody told NISA? Because in their review of Day 1 (posted about 20 minutes ago), it says they are doing the Free Skate today.

http://www.iceskating.org.uk/index.cfm/news/day-1-nebelhorn-trophy/

If it is true that they have split, there must have been some really major falling out last night. Because I can't see any other reason for it to happen mid-competition.

Normally you would just grin and bear it until the event was over. So for that not to happen, the relationship must be irrepairable.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Pairs SP

The double Olympic champions are back, not with a bang, but a shaky start. The Russians who didn't compete at all last season, began their program with a very high and ambiguous triple Twist, sadly Maxim missed catching Tatjana properly so that the attempt ended in a little tumble, yet no fall.

I am sad and disappointed that I missed two elements and could not show what I thought would work well

The second shaky element he was referring to, was their new triple throw flip, where he once again tumbled and a very brave and skilled Tatjana somehow managed to land this awkward throw by him.
Trankow, not that amused with his own performance continued...

There were a lot of strange things today for me" "I did not feel the boots or the blades on the ice all the time. Once again, we had to skate last, which we do not like. ... The most important thing for us is to come back, but this takes time."

Bar a one point deduction due time violation, the pair performed their Bollywood themed SP pretty convincing with a very strong step sequence to the rhythm of the music and a side by side triple Sal. While not in best shape, the Russians who just got married in August, still gained the by far highest PC´s of 8.2 average and a total of 64.87 points.

The biggest surprise of the evening came from Germany, by Mari & Ruben. Both skaters who were just recently put together in spring, showed a very strong and flawless performance to "Stranger in Paradise", which was rewarded with 61.10.
What might had been a surprise for the audience, wasn't one, at least for Ruben as he explained later.

" This was the first step to a good career; therefore, we are very pleased. I am not surprised but just relieved that we can do it."

Third came the French Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres with their performance to I put a spell on you and a total of 58.34 points. Not exactly a spell, but a worried face we got during their triple twist attempt, when Morgan tumbled and a fall was almost certain, yet prevented by French duo.
Vanessa knew who was to blame there.
"It was my fault, because I turned too quickly and over-rotated."

Besided that, their program was almost clean, including their best element the triple Flip throw. Sadly another minor mistake crawled in, as Vanessa mentioned later.

"We had some good elements but lost some points on our lift."

All in all, a pretty sexy and charming program by the french, averaging 6.8 in their PC´s with GOE´s as high as 2.

The Canadian shooting stars from Chambly, Quebec Julianne Seguin and Charlie Bilodeau, current reigning world silver junior champions, sadly had a major error with their side by side Sal where he fell and Julianne tumbled.

That said, the charming couple convinced once again with a young and naughty program, always putting a smile on my face, also in the warm when they practice a few hand games with their coaches.

Team Australia, Matthew and Paris who lost their skating boots in traffic prior to Nebelhorn and therefore had to sit out a whole practice day, received 27.28 and currently sit on the 7th place.
While coming 8th after the short, they were able to move up one spot due the withdrawel of Amani Fancy and Christopher Boyadji who split last evening, after two not so successful years and stagnating process.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I sadly don't have any further information, but yes they have split. Amani didn't look so happy this morning and I honestly didn't want to bother her with any questions.

The Ladies are starting now.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I think it could be more about safety really =/
Look how high the pair quads are compared to single - so a fall is way more dangerous. I kinda understand the conservative part, as a pair splatfest with everybody doing quads will not be nice.

I cannot accept this argument. I believe the most dangerous elements are the lifts... if the man makes a mistake the women has hardly a change to react. And the points for the lift has risen and they are becoming more and more dangerous... nobody does something against it....

In camparison the throws especially the twist is not that dangerous because the women lands with their own feet or is held by the man...

Btw the way. If we allowed quads in the free the pairs are practicing it and in this case there is no reason why we allow the the free program to be dangerous and the short not.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good evening everyone! Finally an event at a palatable AEST hour!

I'm chowing down on my dinner and ready for Brooklee and Kailani! :yay:

Then Paris and Matthew, and then a little nap before - yes, I will be awake at a most ungodly hour to see Andrew and of course, my Swan Prince!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Arrrrrgh!!!! Alena is wearing her SP suit costume from last season again!!!

Hopefully she is just re-using it as a temporary measure until her new costume is ready.

(Crossing fingers that that is the case...)

CaroLiza_fan

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
This program reminds me that Didier needs to stop being an idiot and release Aliona to skate with Bruno.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Lea Johanna DASTICH (GER)

Music: Lilies of the Valley (from "Pina" soundtrack) by Jun Miyake, Thom Hanreich
Pina (from "Pina" soundtrack) by Jun Miyake, Thom Hanreich
Shake It (from "Pina" soundtrack) by Jun Miyake, Thom Hanreich

Two-tone pink dress with diagonal stripes

3Lz+3T - !, eeked out, looked 3T<
3F - ok, but maybe <
CCoSp3p
LSp
2A
FSSp
StSq

Ambitious jumps, but she needs more flow/speed and polish. She fistpumps!

SP: 24.80+19.00 = 43.80 (PB), 1/1

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
This program reminds me that Didier needs to stop being an idiot and release Aliona to skate with Bruno.

:cheer:

Also. Well DONE Lea!!!!!

There is hope for German Figure Skating after all.
I thought after the last Olympics, that would be it

Last edited: