2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Actually, let's use this time to advantage:

Can anyone tell me if the schedule on the Event Page is correct, or has it changed again? What time (local time) is the men's FS?

If I'm getting up at 4am, I want to make bloody sure I don't miss what I'm getting up for.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Correction: looks like I'm getting up at 3am.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh I liked her costume ;) She is a pretty young lady.

Whilst we may disagree about her costume, I agree fully with the second part. She is VERY pretty!

And I agree with Dr Jenn - if we had not been told that she was 15, I would have put her nearer 20 as well!

Karoliina LUHTONEN = Luhtonen Carolina Eduardovna

http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/2180.html
mother from Russia, previous skating for Russia and training there too
now skating in Finland (born in Finland)

Aha! VERY interesting!

So, we have another Ivan Bariev on our hands. A Russian who has a foreign parent, who then switches to representing that parent's country.

I will be keeping an extra eye out for her from now on! (...and, no, it's not because she's fit!)

CaroLiza_fan

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Well Amani FANCY / Christopher BOYADJI are officially withdrawn. Was kinda wondering if they would still skate the free even if they were done for. I guess not. I hope ... well i was going to say I hope nothing is wrong, but that sounds stupid... I hope no one is injured and they find the peace they are looking for.

tulosai

Record Breaker
The question is why!?

I know they haven't moved up the rankings as first thought, but I didn't sense that they were having a breakdown of sorts

I think it's because they were obviously going nowhere? Sorry if that offends anyone, but they really really did not have any potential to advance as a team IMO. The fact that their country gives them no funding probably doesn't help, either in their being able to improve or in their being eager to stay together when they are not going anywhere.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
this dress has the karne seal of approval

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think it's because they were obviously going nowhere? Sorry if that offends anyone, but they really really did not have any potential to advance as a team IMO. The fact that their country gives them no funding probably doesn't help, either in their being able to improve or in their being eager to stay together when they are not going anywhere.

Yeah but...in the middle of the competition?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT (GER)

Music: Dance of the Knights (from "Romeo and Juliet") by Sergei Prokofiev; Romeo and Juliet (soundtrack) by Nino Rota

Both in frilly peach costumes

2Tw
3LoTh - ok, hangs on
3S - he turnout
FCCoSp3p - unison off
5TLi
ChSq
2A+COMBO - she did 2A(turnout), he did 2A+2T
5SLi
FiDs
3Li
3STh - bit forward
PCoSp3p

Mixed skate, seemed slow

FS: 41.03+38.74 = 79.77 (PB), 130.06 (PB), 1/1

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
i was ready to give that death a +3 for appropriate

then she smiled in the middle of it

nope, you're supposed to be heartbrokenly dead honey

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yeah but...in the middle of the competition?

No argument that that's weird, but they probably figured if their minds were made up there was no point in putting themselves through a LP.

SOOOOO sick of these mediocre Romeo and Juliet programs.