2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 60 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
OMG Mirai's TES vs PCS is interesting and kind of hilarious... PCS looks kind of low!! I want to see the FS video!!

I can't believe she beat everyone on TES!!!!!! AMAZING!!!! :dance:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I would have put Mirai into 3rd place overall, the PCS for Mirai was to low.

I agree actually, but really in hindsight just going for a 2A in the SP probably would have done it too... she was very close to a medal here.

Overall, I do think this is a step in the right direction for her if she can build on this going forward.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I thought her PCS were fair, she really sold that skate.

Alena has always be great at selling her program, but she was not perfect. The question is how much higher she would have been if she went perfect.

Consider Akiko received 59.24 for her great O at the inflated WC2012, and Mirai received 60.56 for her Pirate at the Caribbean skated at the Olympics where everyone did receive an Olympic inflation. It does make you wonder about inflation generally these past seasons and how things have change. Poor Mirai... PCS dented and still cooking!! Gooo Mirai! What a lovely start to boost your season campaign!!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Skating while having enormous personality and performance ability bonus

She definitely show s great personality but it is not part of the PCS criteria.

Performance is lumped with Execution, so she satisfy one half, but not necessarily the other today. In any case, I think she has been under rated among the Russian youngsters. She has by far the more mature presentation and expression with the right material, her Chaplin last year for example was a gem and I have stated so in my early reviews.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Any questions for Kaetlyn you guys have.

Thanks Alex.

Please tell her I love her FS program this year, and wonder what is the story behind it? Her choice or her Choreographer's choice?

tulosai

Record Breaker
M/D had a very nice/unique first lift. Other than that no extremely impressed but they certainly have time to grow as a team.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
New PBs for Brooklee and Kailani! :yay: and a team Australia 6 and 7! Now to watch!