2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 65 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

koheikun90

On the Ice
You really shouldn't say "age is just a number"; I've noticed that it is something that children and child molesters say. But yeah, the juniors are lively, but something dies in them when they become seniors and hit primetime.

That was very inappropriate for you to say.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Re Madison's panties' color, I was getting stream freezes on my tablet, and had switched to my old desktop. The display on it kind of grays things out, so I didn't even notice :slink:

nocturnalis

Medalist
That was very inappropriate for you to say.

Sorry - I just can't get that Aaliyah song out of my head. The one everyone praised and sang, but then realized that she was 16 and R. Kelly, who wrote it was totally grooming her. I get the squicks just thinking about it.

koheikun90

On the Ice
2015 Nebelhorn Trophy 24th - 26th of September

Sorry - I just can't get that Aaliyah song out of my head. The one everyone praised and sang, but then realized that she was 16 and R. Kelly, who wrote it was totally grooming her. I get the squicks just thinking about it.

RIP Aaliyah. :) everytime I watch mirai Nagasu skate a song lyric from her pops into my head "if at first you did succeed, you dust yourself off and try again". Maybe she should skate to that song.

Last edited:

nocturnalis

Medalist
RIP Aaliyah. :) everytime I watch mirai Nagasu skate a song lyric from her pops into my head "if at first you did succeed, you dust yourself off and try again".

Aaliyah was my fav. I was devastated when she died. Try Again came on shuffle yesterday, so I had to have a little dance session. :)

Oh, more single skaters should do hip hop. It's more difficult for dance, but it would be super interesting. It think hip hop is optional for the blues pattern in dance next season.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I know it's the first competition of the season but senior ladies was incredibly underwhelming. If this what's to come this season, then i am scared. Looks like I'll be following the juniors a lot more who are more talented and have more depth. Another example of why age is just a number.
Top senior ladies are not here. And the juniors you are talking about are "top juniors".

nocturnalis

Medalist
I didn't completely hate C/B's free dance. Maybe it's because Rach2 is one of my favorite concertos. I am grateful didn't use the first movement though. I always hate it that couples only dance in hold for required elements and do those body wrap things for the rest of the performance.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mirai was so cheated on PCS. It is so obvious from the judges' scores that they decide in advance how to score a particular skater. But aside from that, I really liked her free skate. Her spiral was beautiful--reminiscent of Michelle. And her spins were fabulous, as always. Her dress was very flattering, too. I like the long sleeves. This was a very good start to the season for her.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'm going to do a top 10 highlights/low points of the event blog recap like I did for the US Classic, but I don't have all ten picked. Anyone have suggestions for what I should include?

There are four things I will definitely, absolutely, without a doubt be including, and those are Alaine's SP, V/V-C's SP, and C/McM's SD (all highlights), and the Spoken Words In Music Epidemic will definitely be a low point. In case those were your highlights as well, I'm already using them. This is more because I didn't get to watch it all and I may have missed something awesome (or awful) that you'd like to see in my recap.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I didn't completely hate C/B's free dance. Maybe it's because Rach2 is one of my favorite concertos. I am grateful didn't use the first movement though. I always hate it that couples only dance in hold for required elements and do those body wrap things for the rest of the performance.

:agree: I agree.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Mirai was so cheated on PCS. It is so obvious from the judges' scores that they decide in advance how to score a particular skater. But aside from that, I really liked her free skate. Her spiral was beautiful--reminiscent of Michelle. And her spins were fabulous, as always. Her dress was very flattering, too. I like the long sleeves. This was a very good start to the season for her.
Not a fan but yeah she really did very well. Her PCS is too low for what she has shown out there. Maybe because of the hideous music cuts? Judges maybe like: :eek::eek::eek:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Okay. Chock and Bates free dance is so not my cup of tea. And I'll stop here :)

I'm glad they improved their twizzles, because last season they looked small, but overall the dance looks raw and unpolished. I can see why some judges gave them these component marks.
If they want to be world champions they need to work on their FD. I like their SD much more than this.

Meoima

Match Penalty
You're right. However I might get tired of watching the Russian national championships at every competition this season.
Don't forget Mao, Satoko, Gracie, Ashley... and the skaters from lower rank like Polina, Rika Hongo (who is quite consistent)... :)

Layback11

Record Breaker
I also think it limits the program artistically. Hard to have a program be about anything other than romance when you're all ovr your partner.

Yes. Gergh. There were far too many almost-kisses in that program. I can't imagine Deividas will be too happy about that. :laugh2:

That aside, though, I really did like it. Good music can save any choreography. :agree:

nocturnalis

Medalist
Oh no, was P/C's free dance D/L's chorographical zenith like Symphony No. 5 and Die Fledermaus was for Marina and we are going to see them repackage Mozart like Marina did for every couple?

The SD pattern is a waltz - keep that sappy crap in there and use the free dance to show some versatility.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Don't forget Mao, Satoko, Gracie, Ashley... and the skaters from lower rank like Polina, Rika Hongo (who is quite consistent)... :)

:yes:

Yes, the Russian ladies are the most consistent, but that doesn't mean they're unbeatable. Anything can happen. :)

caitie

Medalist
Okay, having watched all the medalists now...

- I hate Chock/Bates short dance, but I actually quite like their FD. I think the end needs a bit more work. They have some cool elements that are effectively timed to the music.

- I like Paul/Islam's short dance, but I hate their FD. I really cannot believe they let DL give them that program. (It's hard for me to believe they chose the music, anyway. They seem to have better taste than that.)

- I liked C/McM's short dance, and I really really liked their FD. They have great expression and memorable elements. If they nail their twizzles (towards the end of their program, too) to that section of music, it will be an awesome moment. I think they need to add some more oomph to those final three flourishes at the very end to capture the music, but still a strong FD for them. Ugh, we have too many good teams right now! It's a good problem to have, I know, but still...