Daleman switched coach | Golden Skate

Daleman switched coach

cynthia24

On the Ice
I read that Gabrielle Daleman has relicated to the Toronto Cricket Club and that she will be coached by Lee Barkell.wat dobyou think about this change, any reasons?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Lee Barkell is a great coach. He was a long time coach of Nobunari Oda (and he continued to work with him for many months during the season when he moved back to Japan). He also coached Jeff Buttle.

Barkell is also part of the coaching tem for Lubov Illushechkina and Dylan Moscovich.

His only major ladies skater was Meagan Duhamel when she was a singles skater.

peg

Medalist
I wonder if this means she'll also get a new choreographer. She needs programs more suited to her athleticism.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
This is a great change for her! Lee is a wonderful coach who can harness a skater's athleticism (which Daleman needs to do because she gets pretty wild), but also keep them competitive. Also, the Cricket Club is a great environment to train at.

blue_ice

On the Ice
This is a great change for her! Lee is a wonderful coach who can harness a skater's athleticism (which Daleman needs to do because she gets pretty wild), but also keep them competitive. Also, the Cricket Club is a great environment to train at.

Time will tell.

gottadance

On the Ice
this young lady has shown great courage by competing at 14 Olympics injured and again at 15 Worlds after dislocating her knee some 10 days or so earlier. This change is another courageous decision as it seemed she had a very close and caring relationship with her previous coaching team .
My question for the experts is , is there any interaction between Orser and Barkell when a new skater arrives at the Cricket Club - in other words , will Gabby get the benefit or Orser as well even if he isn't her primary coach?
Also, I haven't heard anything much about Osmonds recovery - does anybody know how she is doing?