Shoma Uno | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Caustica

Final Flight
I posted this back in September after the competition ended but that link doesn't work any longer so thank you for posting it again :agree:

I was just thinking, how fortunate it was that he came first in the Final so that he didn't have the chance to repeat the same mistake. :laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Shoma :bow: He is getting better and better and today he just sent a message to his competitors!

ioanna

Record Breaker
Shoma Uno, senior National Silver Medalist! :bow: The future is shining bright for this young man!

chezzu

On the Ice
I LOVE YOU SHOMA!!!!!! :love: That was so crazy unexpected and yet I'm so, so, so proud of this kid!!!!!

Shiroi

Match Penalty
Wow! I predicted a bronze for him but times and times again men field proved to be unpredictable! Omedetou nonetheless, hehe.

Here is the link for his FS.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Shoma Congratulations! I am so happy that my predictions about his placement was wrong.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
just watched Shoma's LP, love Shoma's step sequence, deep edges, skating skills, "Daisuke"posture and use of whole body, bouncy knees and great musicality as well.

foruiz

Final Flight
Yaay Shoma!!! :cheer: I can't wait for you to move to seniors! I hope you would be able to overcome your growth spurt, if and when that will even happen :biggrin:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
here is the interview with shome after nationals, thanks to tumblr user shoma-uno
What do you normally talk about with Hanyu?
A little bit about skating, but other than that, nothing much, sometimes about the video games we’re currently into.

What was your recent conversation topic?
I remember it was about skating. Things like tech elements, getting asked about how the competition went.

i would love to see how they are with eachother when there are no cameras :laugh:

yhmafan

Medalist
here is the SuzyQ’s comment from Yuzuru’s thread.
It may be interesting to read :biggrin:

Shoma is talking about Yuzuru.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20141229-00000534-sanspo-spo

Shoma is looking up Yuzuru with worship in his eyes.

" I have been thinking he is such a great Senpai since the days of Novice. I will never be able to win over him my whole life."

After FP, (3-years older) Yuzuru welcomed Shoma's breakthrough, saying "The skaters whom I competed with are finaly here with me." But, Shoma himself is rather modest.

He is from Nagoya, and a favorite disciple of Machiko Yamada, coach of Midori Ito and Mao Asada.

When Shoma was struggling with 3A, he asked Mao for a advice. She said, "Just jump 'Fu!', then you can make it." Shoma replied, "I'll do my best."

:laugh2:
I remember someone said the similar thing before, although it was "Shu", not "Fu".

Wonderful world of geniuses, and Japanese onomatopoeia :agree:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Does fu means fool?
Anyway, going through tumblr these days, I found baby Shoma extremely cute. Can Shoma fans here please post some of his interviews, videos, photos, whatever, when he is still a baby.:bow:

yhmafan

Medalist
^ I don’t think so. Maybe Fu is just “Fu” Don’t know the meaning though.
Mao says “Fu” Yuzuru says “Shu” …..that said the thought of the genius is not readable :biggrin:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I think "Fuu" and "shuu" are merely onomatopoeic words (in Japanese) to describe the sound of flying (or jumping into the air) aka there's no real special meaning to it. I surmise it mostly has something to do with the sound of wind/air rushing around the body while one jumps. The Japanese love to have sound-words associated with movements (for example, when your stomach is empty/you're hungry, they say it's 'pekopeko'; balls rolling are going 'korokoro'.) The English language has the same too (onomatopoeia) but I think Japanese has more of them (and the more fluent you are, the more likely you'll understand what they are.)

Going back to Shoma, I really love his very unassuming attitude. :)