Schedule for Worlds in Boston | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Schedule for Worlds in Boston

firal

Record Breaker
Holy those 6am practice start time! Wonder if any skaters will actually show up for that, especially for Monday morning? Checking the subway's earliest start time...I think I am good if I am that insane come March. :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My travel is set too. Arriving Tuesday late afternoon with time to check into the hotel and then go to men's practice. Yay! :hap85:

Me too! I'm wheels down in Boston at 4:30. Plenty of time to get lost in airport, find bus, get lost on T, find hotel, get lost between hotel and TD Garden, and still make it to men's practice. :laugh:

Holy those 6am practice start time! Wonder if any skaters will actually show up for that, especially for Monday morning? Checking the subway's earliest start time...I think I am good if I am that insane come March. :laugh:

Actually, you'll probably find most of the skaters already train at such hours. I've never been a morning person, so I'll have to see if the pure adrenaline of being at Worlds is going to be enough for me to get up and go watch practices.

My coach is not a morning person either. I always swear to her that the only way she would ever get me on a practice before 9am is if it's an official one.

Skating Gator

Rinkside
Thank you so much for posting this! When viewing the document, how can you tell at the "Main Rink" which ones are a practice session? Will there be any practice sessions at the main rink? Sorry if this has already been covered, I just need a little help reading the document. Thank you in advance :) My mom and I are making the trip up as a mother/daughter trip and want to make the most of it! My former coach has skaters there (pairs, Lyndon Johnston) and we want to make sure we catch his sessions.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Look at the MR on Monday: You will see a solid blue area which is a Mens practice (can be either FS or SP music) broken up into 6 small sections. The white spaces are for ice resurface. There is a ice resurface again as soon as the Men finish. Next up are the Ladies in the pink area practice (either FS or SP) with ice resurfaces. The pattern repeats with light yellow for Dance and light green for Pairs.

Tuesday follows along like Monday with practices. On Wednesday you will see a light yellow area where the times are only 25 minutes rather than 40 minutes. The first up on Wednesday are the Ice Dance warmups before the Ice Dance SD competition which starts at 10:45 a.m. and ends at 3:14 p.m. Notice how the competitions are NOT solid colors - there is only a small swatch of color at the beginning of the competition and the end of the competition.

After the Dance SD, there is a break until 5:00 p.m. (1700) when the Opening Ceremonies are held. Then, after OC, there will be another ice resurface and then at 6:15 p.m. (1815) the Mens SP begins.
If the time block is a solid color, then that is a practice. If there is only a small bar of color at the top and bottom of the block, it is a competition.

Hope this helps! Have a great time.

Thank you so much for posting this! When viewing the document, how can you tell at the "Main Rink" which ones are a practice session? Will there be any practice sessions at the main rink? Sorry if this has already been covered, I just need a little help reading the document. Thank you in advance :) My mom and I are making the trip up as a mother/daughter trip and want to make the most of it! My former coach has skaters there (pairs, Lyndon Johnston) and we want to make sure we catch his sessions.

pmidi

Rinkside
Are small medal ceremonies (specifically interested for the men) open to the public? I have never been to a competition so not certain how that works.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Are small medal ceremonies (specifically interested for the men) open to the public? I have never been to a competition so not certain how that works.

I have seen them held in the concourse at some events...dont know about here....

Batsuchan

Medalist
Woohoo, super excited about Worlds! :hap57:

Have the composition of the practice groups been posted yet? Like, do we know which countries are in which groups? :confused:

7:00am seems sooo early but it is better than 6:00am... :drama:

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice

Tammi posted elsewhere that the small medal ceremonies will be held on the concourse, so they will be open to the public. :)

anirien

Rinkside
First time actually attending a figure skating competition. What determines which skaters are in which warm up slot (ie Ladies' Main Rink 1 - 7). Is it based on skating order? Does anything come out saying what skaters are in each practice group?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've never been to Worlds, but my guess on the practice groups is that the list of competitors and which practice groups they will be in won't be out until about a week before the competition.

Here is a link which shows a couple of changes to SP start times http://worlds2016.com/schedule/ The only change I noticed with a quick glance is the Pairs SP starting a little earlier.

Tammi

On the Ice
Thank you TanithandBenFan. When does the small medal ceremony usually occur?

Only the free skate/dance small medal ceremonies are open to the public. I believe the day/times are noted on the ISU's colored schedule.

Tammi

On the Ice
There aren't any small medal ceremonies for the free programs, unless they are waiting until the free programs to hand them out?

On the ISU schedule (under off-ice) on April 1, April 2 and April 3. If you look in the bottom right hand corner of the schedule, you'll see the indicator "SM" for "Small Medals FS / FD".

R.D.

Record Breaker
Only the free skate/dance small medal ceremonies are open to the public. I believe the day/times are noted on the ISU's colored schedule.

Will they be on the concourse? I noticed the ladies FS small ceremony is scheduled for 1PM Sunday, but no location is given...the gala is at 2.