2023 Grand Prix de France - Where are you watching? | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix de France - Where are you watching?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
🇺🇲 The only US TV coverage is listed here:

Nov. 5Grande Prix de France: Recap12:30 p.m.NBC*

* Times may vary on your local channel, so check!

Peacock has complete coverage, and the tiles are already up!!

Links to video will appear once the event begins.

Fans from many countries can watch on the ISU channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/SkatingISU

The tiles for the ISU Livestreams will be at the above link when they are available, for those lucky enough to be able to use them. However, as I am in the US, I cannot see the tiles on the SkatingISU Channel. Please post links in this thread if you can see them and I will copy them into this post.

Another thing you can do with these tiles is to get a notification sent to your cellphone.

🇨🇦 Canadian Coverage:

Links appear on the above page when available.

All Times Eastern Time

Fri Nov 03
7:00 a.m.
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Women's Short Program
Fri Nov 03
9:00 a.m.
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Fri Nov 03
10:45 a.m.
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Men's Short Program
Fri Nov 03
12:45 p.m.
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Pairs Short Program
Sat Nov 04
7:00 a.m.
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Women's Free Program
Sat Nov 04
9:00 a.m.
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Ice Dance Free Program
Sat Nov 04
11:02 a.m.
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Men's Free Program
Sat Nov 04
1:10 p.m.
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Pairs Free Program
Sun Nov 05
7:30 a.m.
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Gala

Last edited:

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I noticed the tile on Peacock says the Gala is on Nov. 4 at 5:30 am (Mountain) when I believe the correct day and time is Nov. 5 at 6:30 pm Mountain.

Also, people should note that Daylight Savings ends on Sunday, Nov. 5, so take that into account when doing the time zone conversion for the event.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Well it looks like the ISU has removed Great Britain from the list of countries with eurosport coverage. I hope that means the youtube livestreams won't be geoblocked here.

They're still up as of now..

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Also, people should note that Daylight Savings ends on Sunday, Nov. 5, so take that into account when doing the time zone conversion for the event.

So that means that this week is the only week that the time difference is different to normal.

Daylight Savings Time ended in Europe last weekend, just as the Group 1 Warm-Up of the Pairs FS at Skate Canada was starting. You know, it's funny the way there is always a Senior GP in North America and a MotoGP in the Asia / Pacific region on the weekend that the clocks change. It makes it very difficult to set timers to record them, because the clocks change while the coverage is on air.

I wonder why we change the clocks on different dates. In Europe, it's always the last Sunday in October, while in North America it's always the first Sunday in November. Would it not make more sense if it was done everywhere on the same date?! Or would that make it more confusing, having clocks changing at different times on the same day?

CaroLiza_fan

icewhite

Record Breaker
Hopefully, I'll be watching at the rink - anyone else going?

Wanted to, but was difficult in the end, so I'm at home. 😕 I read the trains in France have all been cancelled, have you arrived yet/is your journey secured?
I wish you the best of fun!

icewhite

Record Breaker
So that means that this week is the only week that the time difference is different to normal.

Daylight Savings Time ended in Europe last weekend, just as the Group 1 Warm-Up of the Pairs FS at Skate Canada was starting. You know, it's funny the way there is always a Senior GP in North America and a MotoGP in the Asia / Pacific region on the weekend that the clocks change. It makes it very difficult to set timers to record them, because the clocks change while the coverage is on air.

I wonder why we change the clocks on different dates. In Europe, it's always the last Sunday in October, while in North America it's always the first Sunday in November. Would it not make more sense if it was done everywhere on the same date?! Or would that make it more confusing, having clocks changing at different times on the same day?

CaroLiza_fan

Well, there's been talk about getting rid of the whole thing for forever but looks like it's never happening... so I doubt they will align it... :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, there's been talk about getting rid of the whole thing for forever but looks like it's never happening... so I doubt they will align it... :eek:

I know. I remember that survey that the EU did, and was shocked with the result. And I am dreading if they do follow through on it, because no doubt the UK government will fall in line with whatever the EU does. Especially since a lot of people in England want rid of it too.

But, for us further north, changing the clocks is pretty much essential.

And it would be chaos here on Ireland if the UK did different to the EU, and there were two different time zones operating on either side of the border for half the year. The island is too small for two time zones. And we saw the effects of this on a much smaller island a few years ago.

In 2016, Northern Cyprus switched to the same time zone as Turkey, which meant that during the winter it was in a different time zone to Southern Cyprus. And that experiment was quickly abandoned after a year. Not least because it was a factor in a school bus crash where 2 children and the driver were killed.

No, better to continue changing the clocks.

CaroLiza_fan

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

CaroLiza_fan
It used to be the last Sunday in October, but it made it too dark for early Halloween trick n treaters. I think it changed in 2007.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Wanted to, but was difficult in the end, so I'm at home. 😕 I read the trains in France have all been cancelled, have you arrived yet/is your journey secured?
I wish you the best of fun!
Ah, that's a shame that you couldn't make it, @icewhite . It sounds like I've been lucky - we got the train from Sheffield, UK to here yesterday, and everything was running OK.

Some of the skaters have definitely got here, too, fortunately - I saw 4 of Team France in the city centre - they were too far away to identify clearly, but one looked to be Landry Le May.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Will there be YouTube coverage? I much prefer that to hooking computer to the TV to watch cbc.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Will there be YouTube coverage? I much prefer that to hooking computer to the TV to watch cbc.
Usually yes. I am not sure i understand the difference though from streaming online on the CBC website and youtube. It does the same for me... ??? Am I missing some technological subtleties ?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It used to be the last Sunday in October, but it made it too dark for early Halloween trick n treaters. I think it changed in 2007.

Aha! That actually makes a lot of sense. It's a wonder we didn't follow suit for the same reasons.

Maybe Hallowe'en isn't a big enough thing on the continent compared to what it is in the British Isles (and specifically on Ireland, since we invented it). And so the EU never felt the same need to do something about it.

Thank you for the explanation.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

icewhite

Record Breaker
Aha! That actually makes a lot of sense. It's a wonder we didn't follow suit for the same reasons.

Maybe Hallowe'en isn't a big enough thing on the continent compared to what it is in the British Isles (and specifically on Ireland, since we invented it). And so the EU never felt the same need to do something about it.

Thank you for the explanation.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

Halloween was never a thing here until like 10 years ago. Now people (teenagers and kids) are low key "celebrating" it (likely came over with American high school movies and such), but actually we have Karneval for costumes and re-dressing. 😁
Definitely nobody here would think of changing or not changing the clocks because of it! :jaw:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Usually yes. I am not sure i understand the difference though from streaming online on the CBC website and youtube. It does the same for me... ??? Am I missing some technological subtleties ?
Yeah, for my TV, YouTube is already there, but to stream for CBC, I have to hook up my laptop, which means I have to move it from my office where it's hooked up as a part of my work/writing setup.