Savchenko/Massot + Intro | Golden Skate

Savchenko/Massot + Intro

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Hi everyone. *waves*
I've been lurking on this board for a bit, but haven't posted before. I don't really know as much as most of you about skating, but this page is a great resource for info, so I decided to try posting here. I'm a bit...uneducated though. lol

Just one question to start- have Savchenko/Massot been passed to skate for Germany yet? I was looking forward to seeing them compete, and so far, I can't find any info about them. Thanks!

Oh, and I guess I'll tell you guys a bit about me. Well, my favourite discipline is ladies. I love Liza's jumps, so I root for her to do well, although my favourite skater ever is Yuna. For men's, the Canadian in me tells me to root for Chan, and I love his skating, but Hanyu's jumps are beautiful, and his landings are gorgeous. I'm torn there. I prefer V/T to D/R in pairs, because I prefer elegance and skating ability to technical prowess and quads. I don't watch dance often, but V/M will always hold a special place in my heart.

Random thoughts: I care a lot about landing arm position for jumps (Hanyu and Sadovsky have great landings). I can't watch Adelina without twitching my eye or muttering curse words. Not that the Sochi scandal was HER fault, but you know. Radionova's layback is beautiful, but that's really all I love about her. Miyahara has a beautiful FP this year, too bad about her jumps. Um... I'll think of other stuff later.

Hope to get to know you all well in the future. :yay:
-Daniel

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Hi everyone. *waves*
I've been lurking on this board for a bit, but haven't posted before. I don't really know as much as most of you about skating, but this page is a great resource for info, so I decided to try posting here. I'm a bit...uneducated though. lol

Just one question to start- have Savchenko/Massot been passed to skate for Germany yet? I was looking forward to seeing them compete, and so far, I can't find any info about them. Thanks!

Oh, and I guess I'll tell you guys a bit about me. Well, my favourite discipline is ladies. I love Liza's jumps, so I root for her to do well, although my favourite skater ever is Yuna. For men's, the Canadian in me tells me to root for Chan, and I love his skating, but Hanyu's jumps are beautiful, and his landings are gorgeous. I'm torn there. I prefer V/T to D/R in pairs, because I prefer elegance and skating ability to technical prowess and quads. I don't watch dance often, but V/M will always hold a special place in my heart.

Random thoughts: I care a lot about landing arm position for jumps (Hanyu and Sadovsky have great landings). I can't watch Adelina without twitching my eye or muttering curse words. Not that the Sochi scandal was HER fault, but you know. Radionova's layback is beautiful, but that's really all I love about her. Miyahara has a beautiful FP this year, too bad about her jumps. Um... I'll think of other stuff later.

Hope to get to know you all well in the future. :yay:
-Daniel

Hi there. And welcome. Post long and often :cheer:

About S/M: I'm not following the case very thoroughly but as far as I know French federation still refuses to release Bruno to compete for Germany. The latest info I've read was here: http://www.nwzonline.de/weltmeisterin-savchenko-und-massot-im-wartestand_a_30,0,2236207824.html
The main argument of French fed is money they invested in Bruno, at least that's what I understand. So they want their money 'back', or they just do not want to let him go, or what? This situation is so stupid :rolleye:

Edit: and as far as I understand Germany does not want to pay for Bruno :) Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know :shrug:

Last edited:

Mattieu

Medalist
About S/M: I'm not following the case very thoroughly but as far as I know French federation still refuses to release Bruno to compete for Germany. The latest info I've read was here: http://www.nwzonline.de/weltmeisterin-savchenko-und-massot-im-wartestand_a_30,0,2236207824.html
The main argument of French fed is money they invested in Bruno, at least that's what I understand. So they want their money 'back', or they just do not want to let him go, or what? This situation is so stupid :rolleye:

Edit: and as far as I understand Germany does not want to pay for Bruno :) Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know :shrug:

The French Fed are just being ridiculous!!
They didn't rate or care about Bruno when he skated for France. They treated him like a 2nd tier skater. But suddenly when he has an Olympic champion for a partner, he is fantastic skater worth loads of money. I hear FFSG wants €100k for his release. No way FFSG invested that amount of money in Bruno. I also doubt the German Federation can afford to pay that sort of money for a skater. I also heard that none of the French skaters have contracts with FFSG, so how can FFSG claim money back without contracts?
I am afraid this is going to really hurt French skaters in dance and pairs, as now only desperate foreign skaters are ever going to want to skate for France.
France looks like a dictatorship.
How stupid is M. Gailhaguet! What a tool! :bang:

Please God Federations of the World wake up and not vote for this tool for President ISU! :slink:

Last edited:

Mia29

On the Ice
I also heard that none of the French skaters have contracts with FFSG

I think but I doubt about some points
I could understand the story of the departures quota evoked by Gailhaguet once but when I look the sports in France, I conclude that Gailhaguet's story is false and has none sens. On another side, the German federation also said that it will be finished soon but it has been several months that she said that. So is it really simple? I think they underestimated the french federation :rolleye:

France looks like a dictatorship.
Gailhaguet and the DTN only ! ;) The 1st victims of the system are the french skaters and the coaches outside Paris...

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Didier won't releaseva skater who hadn't had a partner in 3 years, Tiffany Zahorski, to skate with Jonathan Guerreiro in Russia. Will any amount of money get a release? Maybe not.

moriel

Record Breaker
Didier won't releaseva skater who hadn't had a partner in 3 years, Tiffany Zahorski, to skate with Jonathan Guerreiro in Russia. Will any amount of money get a release? Maybe not.

Maybe they could add that to the mistral deal somehow

hanca

Record Breaker
Maybe they could add that to the mistral deal somehow

Or maybe when the skater puts together the requested sum of money, Didier will just double it. The skaters purses are not bottomless. They can't give him what they don't have.

noidont

Final Flight
Nebelhorn has a GER TBA entry which I assume is Shevchenko/Massot. If so I guess they are at least making progress.

Mattieu

Medalist
The FFSG say that Bruno has skated lots of years for France and so they will not let him go.
So they ask a ridiculous price for him, safe in the knowledge no-one is going to pay that for a skater.
I did think it was just DG that made the decisions but there seem to be meetings with the rest of FFSG and the FFSG solicitor to discuss the releases so maybe it is not just his decision, though he speaks like it is unless it suits him to hide behind it being a group decision.

What amazes me is that there are so many foreign skaters for France, were they all released before this no release policy?
Are the other federations just letting him get away with 'what's mine is mine and not for sharing, but I'll take yours and not give them back' behaviour?

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Can they ask ISU to interfere? Or is it just skaters/federations case?

And another question, someone told me once that they still can represent Germany without Bruno's release, he just need to take German citizenship and wait 1 year as quarantine. I guess French Fed can do nothing in this case, or am I wrong?

Botan

Rinkside
Is this even legal ? Law of the European Union demands that every EU citizen has to be free to live and work wherever they choose to ( within the EU, that is ).
Is the French fed breaking European law by refusing to let Bruno skate for Germany ?

hanca

Record Breaker

And another question, someone told me once that they still can represent Germany without Bruno's release, he just need to take German citizenship and wait 1 year as quarantine. I guess French Fed can do nothing in this case, or am I wrong?

I think they did ask ISU for help but ISU doesn't want to help. ISU is referring them back to their original Federation. It is not only Massot in this situation, it is also Zahorski and a few other skaters. Stuck in France...

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Is this even legal ? Law of the European Union demands that every EU citizen has to be free to live and work wherever they choose to ( within the EU, that is ). Is the French fed breaking European law by refusing to let Bruno skate for Germany ?

This is a really good question!

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I have said before that FS needs the equivalent of Jean-Marc Bosman to go to court and get things changed in the skating world. A one year embargo on skating for a new fed, I can understand, but this is ridiculous!

Mattieu

Medalist
Is this even legal ? Law of the European Union demands that every EU citizen has to be free to live and work wherever they choose to ( within the EU, that is ).
Is the French fed breaking European law by refusing to let Bruno skate for Germany ?

Yes!
Article 59 of the Treaty Establishing a European Economic Community, Article 45 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, and Article 14 of the European Convention on Human Rights that prohibit any restriction on the supply of services by, and discrimination on any grounds in relation to EU nationals

QuadThrow

Medalist
LATEST NEWS:

There will be an official meeting between the German and the French Federation on 2nd September (this wednesday). The Germans hope to find a solution that bruno can start for Germany next season. The German President Uwe Doensdorf said that the French Federation claims 70,000 Euro for Brunos release.

If the conversation will not come to a solution the German Federation will aks the ISU and the German Olympics Sport Organisation.

http://www.t-online.de/sport/winter...aempft-um-freigabe-fuer-savchenko-massot.html

I can hardly believe Germany to procure 70,000, because the Germany federation is really small and poor. I would like to know some very rich figure skating fans who can spend this money easily. Maybe someone will spend something.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

This is the theory that Zahorski and Guerreiro are proceeding on. Zahorski has not competed for France for three or more years. She was born in GBR. She is seeking Russian citizenship on the basis of a Russian grandfather, plus she has learned the language. France should have no claim to her whatever. But that is not what France says.

Frankly, I don't know what Abachkina and other non French skaters are thinking of, skating for the French, seeing what happened to Massot and Zahorski. The French fed clearly believes in slavery, and that they own and can barter, sell or otherwise convey athletes.

This is just not right.

Amei

Record Breaker

If the French fed has invested in Massot's training that is probably where they are in the right and not in violation of laws.

Mattieu

Medalist
If the French fed has invested in Massot's training that is probably where they are in the right and not in violation of laws.

True if and only if contracts exist which show clear expectation of repayment if the terms of the contract are broken.
I have heard that none of the French skaters have individual contracts with the FFSG, so there are no contracts to be broken.