GP's on Eurosport? | Golden Skate

GP's on Eurosport?

Richie

Rinkside
Just only a couple of weeks before GP season is starting. Does anyone know if Eurosport will be broadcasting the events?:think:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just only a couple of weeks before GP season is starting. Does anyone know if Eurosport will be broadcasting the events?:think:

The TV schedule pages that I usually use for making my schedules don't go that far yet (they only go up to 22nd October at the moment).

But I am nearly sure that a few days ago I read somewhere that they were showing it, but they had the descriptions of the competitions completely up the creek.

Anyway, here is the Figure Skating home page on the new-look (i.e. not Yahoo any more) Eurosport website:

http://www.eurosport.com/figure-skating/

I'm not sure, but I think that might be the upcoming broadcasts in the top left hand corner under the heading "LIVE". Use the arrows to scroll through the days.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, a hopeful sign is that in their general-sports-trailers - I mean, the sort where they show what great sports they will be airing - I've recently seen clips of figure skating included. I presume this means they will be showing some FS in October - or I jumped to the conclusion out of wishful thinking. But, anyway, there is hope. But how much they will show, well... that's another matter. But I trust in CaroLiza_fan to find out all the details for us when they are available. :) (Looks hopefully and expectantly at CL_fan.)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a couple of wee updates.

Firstly, that box I was talking about on the Figure Skating home page on the Eurosport website is NOT the TV schedule. It is just the dates of the next event (I found that out by looking up the home page for a sport that Eurosport does not have the broadcast rights to, and the next event was still listed in the box).

Secondly, although each country's version of the TV Schedule page is not displaying the full listings for 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] October yet, if you do a search for "skating" on the British Eurosport version of the page, you will find 3 programmes showing highlights from Worlds on the afternoon of the 23[SUP]rd[/SUP].

So, I think that should be taken as a concrete sign that Eurosport WILL be showing the GP Series! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
I would like to see them use their player for this. Uninterrupted, HD Quality and without a commentator. ;)

Richie

Rinkside
thkx CaroLiza, but I have a bad feeling as Eurosport Holland has lots of footballleagues this season which are broadcasted.:mad: Cross fingers that Eurosport 2 will show GP's.

Richie

Rinkside
broadcastschedule for 24th of October is now visible and wow ES 2 Holland is showing all the four short programmes of SA between 10.30 and 14.30:cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
broadcastschedule for 24th of October is now visible and wow ES 2 Holland is showing all the four short programmes of SA between 10.30 and 14.30:cheer:

Thanks for the tip-off, Richie!

Just looked up the British Eurosport schedules, and BES2 is showing LIVE Speedway from Australia at that time. BES1, meanwhile, is showing LIVE cricket and LIVE tennis for most of the day. :bang:

So, our coverage of Skate America isn't until 16:00 to 18:45 BST (17:00 to 19:45 CEST) on BES2

I did notice that our coverage of the Men's SP is 45 minutes, whereas on the continent it is 1 hour. Hopefully this descrepency will be down to shorter advert breaks for us rather than missing people out...

But, as we all know by now, the Eurosport schedule will probably change about 2 dozen times between now and then! :rolleye:

Consequently, there's no point in putting up schedules on here until the start of that week.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Marta25

Medalist
German Eurosport2 is showing Skate America on Saturday from 10:30 to 14:30. It`s not live, but they are covering all disciplines. There is nothing on Sunday, yet, but I hope that will change.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
So, our coverage of Skate America isn't until 16:00 to 18:45 BST (15:00 to 17:45 CEST) on BES2

I did notice that our coverage of the Men's SP is 45 minutes, whereas on the continent it is 1 hour. Hopefully this descrepency will be down to shorter advert breaks for us rather than missing people out..
CaroLiza_fan

I forget... if we get a one-hour recap of SPs at GPs, is Eurosport even gonna show all skaters? I mean, anyone know how they did that previous years? I'm guessing they didn't show everybody then. :-(

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I forget... if we get a one-hour recap of SPs at GPs, is Eurosport even gonna show all skaters? I mean, anyone know how they did that previous years? I'm guessing they didn't show everybody then. :-(

Thank you for quoting me, because I noticed there was something funny with the times I put in.

I have been so used to converting European time into British time lately that I converted the British times in the wrong direction! :eek:: :rolleye: :slink:

Plus, I noticed that British Eurosport are NOT showing the Short Dance!!! :mad:

To answer your question, I can't remember. I have a feeling that for most of the GP's, Eurosport showed all the Shorts in their entirity, and selected skaters for the Frees. But, I am not sure.

In case it helps with remembering, here are the time Schedules from last year's Skate America:

2014 Short Dance
2014 Men's SP
2014 Pairs SP
2014 Ladies SP
2014 Free Dance
2014 Men's FS
2014 Pairs FS
2014 Ladies FS

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Lota

Record Breaker
I remember there was a miracle last year where one of the GPs (maybe China? dunno) was shown in its entirety and I was able to watch it all. Every discipline, all the skaters, everything LIVE. That was a dream... :love: I guess there was nothing important in terms of sports that weekend :laugh:

Botan

Rinkside

German Eurosport did some recap shows in the past and they usually only showed the top 3 of every discipline :/ Not sure how they operate in different countries though.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Well, this is not good. The Sunday schedule for Eurosport Netherlands again has all four disciplines in the morning... and again, all one hour. I doubt they are gonna show 12 skaters in a one-hour SP recap, but for the FS, it is most definitely impossible! :bang:

I suddenly remember why I dislike those North American figure skating events. Eurosport *never* airs such events live, because they take place during 'our' night time. So it's always recaps.

Which makes me extremely nervous about Worlds 2016. :hopelessness:

Poice

Final Flight
I suddenly remember why I dislike those North American figure skating events. Eurosport *never* airs such events live, because they take place during 'our' night time. So it's always recaps.

Worlds 2013 in Canada were broadcast live :) I think same will be with Worlds in USA.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, this is not good. The Sunday schedule for Eurosport Netherlands again has all four disciplines in the morning... and again, all one hour. I doubt they are gonna show 12 skaters in a one-hour SP recap, but for the FS, it is most definitely impossible! :bang:

Some good news. I just looked up the Eurosport schedule pages again and, unless the schedules change between now and then, Eurosport WILL be showing LIVE coverage of Skate Canada... :cheer:

I think the reason that there is no LIVE coverage of Skate America is that the U-17 World Cup is in Chile at the moment. And, as Richie has already implied, football always takes priority... :bang:

But, thankfully for us, there are rest days on Friday 30[SUP]th[/SUP] and Saturday 31[SUP]st[/SUP] October (Match Schedule). So, Eurosport are free to show the Skate Canada competitions LIVE. Although, I doubt if they will show the Gala LIVE, as there are 2 Quarter Finals on Sunday 1[SUP]st[/SUP] November... :disapp:

But hey! We should be grateful that we are at least getting the competitions.

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Yes! I just saw this as well. Totally made my Friday, and I only just woke up (well, for the second time, as I watched Yuzuru Hanyu live on the stream earlier).
Awesome.
Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to watch it live, regardless, due to real life. I may just have to set an alarm for the men's SP and record the rest, but anyway, it's wonderful knowing Eurosport air the whole thing!

Tutto

Record Breaker
Some good news. I just looked up the Eurosport schedule pages again and, unless the schedules change between now and then, Eurosport WILL be showing LIVE coverage of Skate Canada... :cheer:

But hey! We should be grateful that we are at least getting the competitions.

CaroLiza_fan
Great news on Skate Canada!:cheer2:

BUT I refuse to be grateful to Eurosport, just the opposite - for all the times we have been cruelly let down, deceived & treated like a second class citizens! Sky has no problems taking my money from me...