2015 Cup of China General Info | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China General Info

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
6 - 8 Nov 2015
Beijing China

What date and time is it in Beijing, China (UTC +8) ?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/china/beijing

Compare to the time near where you live:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...79&p3=136&p4=166&p5=248&p6=240&p7=141&p8=1392

Icenetwork Schedule​

All Times Eastern Standard Time (UTC -4)

11/6/2015 2:30am Short Dance
11/6/2015 4:00am Ladies Short Program
11/6/2015 6:00am Men's Short Program
11/6/2015 8:00am Pairs Short Program
11/7/2015 2:00am Free Dance
11/7/2015 3:35am Ladies Free Skate
11/7/2015 5:45am Men's Free Skate
11/7/2015 8:00am Pairs Free Skate

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Excellent work, Doris! I am afraid on the west coast I wont be watching icenetwork live.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:disapp:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Looking forward to cup of china. Its the Grand Prix where something wrongs seems to happen- the metaphorical wheels falling off the bus.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
True, it is often dramatic, but I completely hate the CoC camera work, with all the overhead spycam shots and the focusing on one skater rather getting both in the field in pairs and dance, and the large sections where you can't see the feet of the skaters at all.

And for whatever reason, when I watch it on IN, the audio and video are not just slightly out of synch, they can be a whole measure of the music out of synch.

So I don't look forward to it.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
We don't need that kind of drama. I want the kind where we see Han Yan go clean on his LP and Boyang land a 4Lz and Fernandez land all 3 quads and his 3A....Too much to ask?
I also want Mao to land her 3A 2 times and for Rika to get on the podium, and for Li Zijun to land all her jumps and Anna to share a happy hug with her coach.
That's all I ask, really it's not much.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Its also in that redicuously large arena. That venue is too large for a grand prix event, especially in Beijing where skating isnt huge. So many empty seats.
Maybe since they have the 2022 games now, more people will come and watch.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Anna to share a happy hug with her coach.
Of all the awesome things you listed to hope for... this ^ would be the best and most memorable! :-D

(and, can you imagine what kind of performance she'd have to give, to make it come true?!)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Looking forward to cup of china. Its the Grand Prix where something wrongs seems to happen- the metaphorical wheels falling off the bus.

Well, we got the blood and concussions out of the way at Skate Canada so hopefully CoC will be more normal this year.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Better if the rink is a big one. Han Yan complained about the Skate America rink being small, part of the reason why he messed his LP. And if the rink is big, skaters are less likely to run into each other during warmups.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
We don't need that kind of drama. I want the kind where we see Han Yan go clean on his LP and Boyang land a 4Lz and Fernandez land all 3 quads and his 3A....Too much to ask?
I also want Mao to land her 3A 2 times and for Rika to get on the podium, and for Li Zijun to land all her jumps and Anna to share a happy hug with her coach.

Nope, not asking too much at all... You're not demanding that Han Yan deliver an inspiringly choreographed program nor Boyang demonstrate artistry and emotion.

Apart from skater Anna and coach Anna smiling and hugging each other, I'd say your requests are totally reasonably within the realm of possibility.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Someone make it happen, please.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Better if the rink is a big one. Han Yan complained about the Skate America rink being small, part of the reason why he messed his LP. And if the rink is big, skaters are less likely to run into each other during warmups.

Is Boston Worlds 2016 rink going to be Olympic size or NHL size?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Worlds will be held in TD Garden, which is an NHL-size rink. It's the home arena for the Boston Bruins hockey team.