Record Breaker
Prediction for the ladies

1. Satoko Miyahara
2. Evgenia Medvedeva
3. Wakaba Higuchi
4. Anna Pogorilaya
5. Ashley Wagner
6. Gracie Gold

(although 1 and 2 will probably be switched but one can dream)

Prediction for the men

1. Shoma Uno
2. Javier Fernandez
3. Adam Rippon
4. Nobunari Oda
5. Florent Amodio
6. Jeremy Abbott

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Jeremy will be there! I miss him so much. Florent's participation will be another pleasure of mine. I'm so excited about the news.

Me too! I'm so happy. I also wish that they added ice dance and pairs. As that I know of (updated) the guests are Shizuka Arakawa, Tatsuki Machida (spelling), and Gabriella Papadakis / Guillame Cizeron.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
It all happens on the same day. Follow iceberg up on YouTube. The channel is known for posting Japan Open videos.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
2016 Japan Open predictions

My predicitons:

1. Ashley Wagner
2. Evgenia Medvedeva
3. Satoko Miyahara
4. Wakaba Higuchi
5. Gracie Gold
6. Anna Pogorilaya

What will probably happen:

1. Evgenia Medvedeva
2. Satoko Miyahara
3. Ashley Wagner
4. Gracie Gold
5. Wakaba Higuchi (I put Wakaba 5th and Gracie 4th, because Gracie will maybe have lower technical marks than Wakaba, but Gracie will have the advantage with the presentation marks)
6. Anna Pogorilaya (Anna always makes mistakes and are famous for her bad/hard falls on the ice)

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
It all happens on the same day. Follow iceberg up on YouTube. The channel is known for posting Japan Open videos.

iceberg took the videos from dailymotion user japanskate who unfortunately hasn't uploaded any more videos since Japanese Nationals.

euroskate

Final Flight
Good to know Wakata gets to compete here. Good luck to her on her senior debuting competition in front of int'l judges! :cheer:
otoh, a bit disappointed to know Yuzuru not compete... they should have been desperate to have him.

she had her Senior debute at lombardia trophy just recently

euroskate

Final Flight
For a change they could invite another skaters. I am glad that Wakaba here, but what about ladies in Team Europe and Team North America - It's kind of boring. Same skaters, same faces. I mean, for example I'll be glad to see Maria Sotskova with Nicole Rajicova for Team Europe and Polina Edmunds with Alaine Chartrand for Team North America. :(

totally agree

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For a change they could invite another skaters. I am glad that Wakaba here, but what about ladies in Team Europe and Team North America - It's kind of boring. Same skaters, same faces. I mean, for example I'll be glad to see Maria Sotskova with Nicole Rajicova for Team Europe and Polina Edmunds with Alaine Chartrand for Team North America. :(

Totally agree!!!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I know it happens on the same day, just wondering if anyone knows what time it starts so I can figure out the time difference?

FYI, just in case: Japan Open is traditionally tape-delayed by a few hours, and there hasn't been a live-stream to follow as it's happening. I think the best we've had for live coverage are social media reports from spectators.

I assume this year will be the same?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This weekend will be crazy with the JGP, Japan Open and Finlandia Trophy!

Amazing that we have the top 5 Ladies skaters from 2016 Worlds plus Wakaba. As much as I'd like to see Mao, this is a great opportunity for Wakaba. Here's my prediction.

Ladies

1. Satoko Miyahara
2. Evgenia Medvedeva
3. Ashley Wagner
4. Gracie Gold
5. Anna Pogorilaya
6. Wakaba Higuchi

Men

1. Shoma Uno
2. Javier Fernandez
3. Adam Rippon
4. Nobunari Oda
5. Jeremy Abbott
6. Florent Amodio

Last edited:

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice
FYI, just in case: Japan Open is traditionally tape-delayed by a few hours, and there hasn't been a live-stream to follow as it's happening. I think the best we've had for live coverage are social media reports from spectators.

I assume this year will be the same?

I'm guessing it will be the same, but last year I was able to follow results and this thread for live updates. I will be at a competition on Friday so I'm just wondering if it will be happening the same time as last year. Because if it is, I will most likely be at the competition. I'm just trying to plan the day out!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This weekend will be crazy with the JGP, Japan Open and Finlandia Trophy!

This weekend Challengers are Autumn Classic and Ondrej Nepela Memorial. Finlandia Trophy is one week later :) But yeah, it will be crazy with four competitions!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This weekend Challengers are Autumn Classic and Ondrej Nepela Memorial. Finlandia Trophy is one week later :) But yeah, it will be crazy with four competitions!

Thanks for the correction! It seems there are so many competitions, I can't keep them all straight. How can I forget Autumn Classic? I hope my YT feed doesn't crash from all the videos! LOL

Layback11

Record Breaker
I had a dream that Gracie won...I am very delusional :laugh2: (is it bad that I have this little faith in my favorite skater? :slink:)

My actual predictions:
1. Evgenia
2. Satoko
3. Ashley
4. Anna
5. Gracie
6. Wakaba

Honestly, the bottom four could go in any order, but I'm going to go with that one.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Official site: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/japanopen2016/

Entries as of now (updated)
Team Japan: Satoko Miyahara, Wakaba Higuchi, Shoma Uno, Nobunari Oda
Team North America: Ashley Wagner, Gracie Gold, Adam Rippon, Jeremy Abbott
Team Europe: Evgenia Medvedeva, Anna Pogorilaya, Javier Fernandez, Florent Amodio
What in the world. You can't tell me you couldn't find one Canadian for Team North America - that's a disgrace, an outrage so really it is team America. Sure the Americans are better and I understand Patty Chan didn't want to do the Open this year but they could have taken one of the pros ie Buttle or Reynolds, Nguyen or Firus or one of the three ladies - Osmond, Daleman or Chartrand.