Pas à pas for Suto and Boudreau-Audet | Golden Skate

Pas à pas for Suto and Boudreau-Audet

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In the spring of 2015, Japan’s Sumire Suto and Francis Boudreau-Audet from Canada teamed up to represent Japan in the pairs discipline. The new team achieved some decent results this past season, starting with a seventh place finish at the Golden Spin Zagreb. The team then secured the Japanese national title in December, won the Mentor Nestle Nesquik Torun Cup in January, and finished ninth at the Four Continents Championships in February.

More

The skaters were assigned a Grand Prix event –NHK Trophy– for the upcoming season in Sapporo, Japan, and are hoping they will also get an ISU Challenger event this fall.

LRK

Record Breaker
Great article, thank you! It was interesting to learn more about them and their thoughts & plans, and I am looking forward to seeing more of them in the upcoming season.:)

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I hardly ever watch Pairs so know virtually nothing about the discipline. That being said, I adore Francis! To my untrained eye, he's always seemed like a talented and trustworthy (strong and stable) partner for both Ami and Sumire. I also love that he's always such an enthusiastic cheerleader for Team Japan in the KnC. I appreciate his patience in dealing with the language barrier and partner switch when his future in the sport representing Japan is possibly limited and uncertain. Wishing the best for Suto/Boudreau-Audet team.

Incidentally, lift looking good at Asian Stars on Ice opening rehearsal (at about 1:18)

https://twitter.com/savarin_/status/754206427909005312

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you for the great article! I like this team.

Also, I always find it interesting to learn how coaching is done, as in this quote:

"I think we have a good coaching team,” noted Boudreau-Audet, 22. “Richard is in charge of spins and throws, Bruno for the twists, someone else for the (solo) jumps. Bruno always comes up with a lot of new ideas to try and Richard has really good thinking of throw jumps, so we are trying to find out what is the best for us.”]think we have a good coaching team,” noted Boudreau-Audet, 22. “Richard is in charge of spins and throws, Bruno for the twists, someone else for the (solo) jumps. Bruno always comes up with a lot of new ideas to try and Richard has really good thinking of throw jumps, so we are trying to find out what is the best for us.”