Anna Shcherbakova | Page 122 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Just back from the Skate America practice!

Anna appeared while the ice dancers were practicing to look at the rink, and then she got a hug from Rafael Artunian who was standing by the boards. :luv17:

From the practice, she's planning 4Lz +3T and 4Lz in the FS. In the run-through she landed the combo and fell on the solo quad. It looks like her 4Lz hit ratio is about 50%.

After the practice I spotted Anna walking back to the hotel by herself, and I was tempted to try to get a photo, but then I remembered the unpleasant incident with Aliona last weekend so I decided not to bother her (even though I'm a girl)...
You are a girl? well I guess that's the part of this online thing you can never tell if the name does not explain it. But in reality that's irrelevant because your reporting is greatly appreciated. Thanks. You would not have bothered Anna at all. I think the girls and women's figure skaters are comfortable especially around other girls and women.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
You are a girl? well I guess that's the part of this online thing you can never tell if the name does not explain it. But in reality that's irrelevant because your reporting is greatly appreciated. Thanks. You would not have bothered Anna at all. I think the girls and women's figure skaters are comfortable especially around other girls and women.

I tell you, the one I want a selfie with is ETERI!!! When I saw her down by the boards I nudged my partner and said THAT'S ETERI!!!!!! SQUEE!!!! lol Glad to see Eteri here to support Anna. She does everything so easily except the 4lz. She's coming up in a little while!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Nothing tragical. Remember Kaori Sakamoto last season in Helsinki, She had two falls in short program, seemingly out of all hopes yet she managed to get onto podium. Or Aliona Kostornaia, she had exactly the same mistake in RusNats last year. Anna has still good position for the free, with her two quads.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Anya :love:

After the unfortunate fall she immediately got up, put her game face back on, and continued to sell the program. This is not the first time I notice this about her, she has such strong character and does not stop performing.

It was not perfect, but not so bad either. I was watching so proud, to see Anya making her GP senior debut with this mysterious, dark program that suits her so well.

A pleasure to watch, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a great FS performance, like we all know she can do. Good luck , our graceful Firebird :yahoo:

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Anya's interview (google translated, sorry for any mistakes:pray:)

“This is a stupid mistake, and I promise that this will not happen again. I will try to do my best for this. The trainer also said that I should not make such mistakes, and for this I need to concentrate more. I will try to get together tomorrow and show the skating that I am capable of.

In fact, there is not much difference to compete at the adult level or at the junior level. First of all, you must show what you, your skating, are capable of doing your maximum.

There is a big time difference, but it didn’t really bother me. My mom and dad came to America with me, this is a very big support, ”

source: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1079252861/

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Anya's interview (google translated, sorry for any mistakes:pray:)

“This is a stupid mistake, and I promise that this will not happen again. I will try to do my best for this. The trainer also said that I should not make such mistakes, and for this I need to concentrate more. I will try to get together tomorrow and show the skating that I am capable of.

In fact, there is not much difference to compete at the adult level or at the junior level. First of all, you must show what you, your skating, are capable of doing your maximum.

There is a big time difference, but it didn’t really bother me. My mom and dad came to America with me, this is a very big support, ”

source: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1079252861/

That's a champion's attitude. :agree:

As they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Sometimes you need to remind yourself that what you are doing is not automatic, it is a result of hard work and sweat (and tears, sometimes). But you can also see with Eteri's girls that they never have a breakdown during a program, even when they are making mistake(s), they fight till the last tone of music. Tomorrow (for me) she will be on the ice in a fierce mode ;)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Anna's performance was quite lovely. I really like Anna's SP. Those little mistakes were unfortunate, but not something to be worried about. I think with her costume change Anna will wow the crowed tomorrow, it is certainly something special and well placed within the program :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
What did she score in her SP?

Hopefully Anna nails the free skate. She can really rack up the points in her free skate.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I really enjoyed Anya's skate, despite the unfortunate mistake. Her spins were amazing!

7.5 point difference between Anya and Bradie...
If Anya lands her quads and skates clean I'm sure she'll score high enough to get that gold medal.

Go Anya!!
I'm glad she has her parents there cheering for her :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
All results:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1920/gpusa2019/

Anna may be fragile, but she doesn't give up. Not that thre would be anything why to give up.

Thank you. But I never thought I would say Anna so far behind Bradie. This event should have been a slam dunk for Anna and Liza. So disappointing and Stanislava had a disastrous short skate. :( maybe traveling halfway around the World is affecting these ladies. I hope they are especially and I pick it up in the free skate. Bradie will be feeling the pressure being in first and skating at home this is an amazing opportunity for her to win a Grand Prix gold. But it's up to Anna. A fine free skate should get her on the podium.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Hopefully Anna can put together a good free program. I wonder if she is still going to try the two quads or if she is going to try to go clean with the one quad. I guess the plus side of this short program is that Anna is ahead of Liza. Go Anna you can do it!!!:hap10:

Artemisa

Final Flight
Eteri's is good putting the girls head inplace for the FS... they don't faill twice ... so no worries there
... but what worries me is that SP isn't getting to me (and maybe not the juries if we look at the score) .. and yesterday bradie, wakabi, Kaori they got a very good SPs ... even if skated clean she wouldn't beat Braddie ... and that's a problem if she want's to get to the worlds or euros

skatergurl7

On the Ice
Eteri's is good putting the girls head inplace for the FS... they don't faill twice ... so no worries there
... but what worries me is that SP isn't getting to me (and maybe not the juries if we look at the score) .. and yesterday bradie, wakabi, Kaori they got a very good SPs ... even if skated clean she wouldn't beat Braddie ... and that's a problem if she want's to get to the worlds or euros

Bradie has home advantage, so she was overscored. Anna and her would’ve been much closer had this been held in another country. Although I will say compared to the top 3’s jumps last night, Anna’s are a little smaller and less powerful

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Well, the skaters that placed abova Anna displayed solid and authoritative skating, worthy of seniors. Anna still has to learn to 'fight', not that she was really lacking in concentration and determination, but finding this balance within herself. Perhaps with the help of her coaches getting this fine tuned state composed of energy, drive, attack, caution, etc. all the while keeping aware of things and constantly thinking on her feet. Those Khrustalniy Kids are so hard on themselves ....

This comes with experience to our little Firebird Fierce, perhaps already tomorrow, otherwise in her second GP start, for she does take a lot of experience with her, most likely equal to any of the others that never competed as Russian juniors?