Crazy Predictions Thread | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Crazy Predictions Thread

Anastasi14

On the Ice
1) Ilinykh and Katsalapov reunite for Olympics, choose Morozov as their coach and prepare Carmen as their Olympic FD.

2) Morozov desperately searches a partner for his daughter.....and finally suggests Denis Ten switching to ice dance.

3) Deduction for too much nudity is no longer exists in ice dance. Guillaume Cizeron chooses Calvin Klein underwear as his Olympic costume.

4) Zhulin lost his Vivaldi CD.

5) Patrick Chan decides to skate his Olympic FP without any music. Only to the sound of his blades.

asunta

Rinkside
1) I

3) Deduction for too much nudity is no longer exists in ice dance. Guillaume Cizeron chooses Calvin Klein underwear as his Olympic costume.

:agree::laugh2: I wonder of what programme would suit it.

Last edited:

madforskating

On the Ice
1) Ilinykh and Katsalapov reunite for Olympics, choose Morozov as their coach and prepare Carmen as their Olympic FD.

2) Morozov desperately searches a partner for his daughter.....and finally suggests Denis Ten switching to ice dance.

4) Zhulin lost his Vivaldi CD.

5) Patrick Chan decides to skate his Olympic FP without any music. Only to the sound of his blades.

Lovely as that is, there are a few holes in that theory. First of all, Nikita is under investigation for supposedly hitting Victoria. First we've got to wait until it's confirmed he's not going to jail.
Denis and Annabelle actually sounds like a kinda cute idea. Zhulin without Vivaldi would be a miracle, and Patrick's whispering blades...ahhh we'll all enjoy that.
As for Guillaume skating in his underwear...that means Eric Radford can pull the same trick, right? Then Morgan Cipres will join in...
Also, if the nudity rule goes, just imagine what Madison Chock and Vanessa James would wear!

madforskating

On the Ice
Ksenia Stolbova, exploring her new-found soft side, shows up to the Olympics in a white dress skating to Ave Maria. 10 seconds from the end of the program which is going oh-so-well, Fedor trips on his toepicks but instead of freaking out, she kisses him.

mrrice

Record Breaker
If any skater was to perform in the buff. I'd have to vote for Patrick Chan or maybe the retired Anton Sikharulidze. I saw him shirtless in Vancouver and that dude had a BODY!!

Last edited:

madforskating

On the Ice
If any skater was to perform in the buff. I'd have to vote for Patrick Chan or maybe the retired Anton Sikharulidze. I saw him shirtless in Vancouver and that dude had a BODY!!

Oh Patrick...to me he's more cute than smokin' hot but very handsome nonetheless.
As for Anton, I always liked him. Always so gentle with Elena.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
And the audiences around the world march out of stadium in protest...

They are often empty either way :slink:

Btw. it would be interesting to see some skaters trying to cope with some old programs from other skaters in one event :biggrin:

Warwick360

Medalist
Since this is a crazy prediction thread....I'm going for, Evgenia won't win the Olympic Gold. She'll get pipped from the top spot by a girl who will manage to do a quad or two.

If this actually happens, I am changing my username to Oracle (in reference to matrix), if changing name is possible. :p

madforskating

On the Ice
Since this is a crazy prediction thread....I'm going for, Evgenia won't win the Olympic Gold. She'll get pipped from the top spot by a girl who will manage to do a quad or two.

If this actually happens, I am changing my username to Oracle (in reference to matrix), if changing name is possible. :p

If anyone's going to bump her off it'll be Alina Zagitova.

posha

Rinkside
To add on to this:

Empress Dowager Tatiana comments during Satoko's Olympic winning program:

"For a small girl like her with such low height jumps, she should not be able to do the 4Lz but I know how she does it. Remember the time she skipped Worlds last year (2017). She actually was meditating in a temple in Miyajima for 88 days to obtain a time-slowing stone. See the necklace with the unusual stone on her neck. She rubs it just before the 4Lz jump. Time slows down for her and she could complete 4 rotation every time. I know from secret sources that Yuzuru wanted the stone to do the quintuple toe-loop but Satoko beat him to it. I knew about this special stone from Mao and told her to get it to make her 3A stable and perfect but she had no time for an 88-day meditation."

Hahahaha perfect!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

:agree::laugh2: I wonder of what programme would suit it.

I read this thread when I'd only just woken up and instead of the more :eek:: thoughts my brain just asked, "But isn't anyone concerned about...what happens if he falls?"

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Haven't read the whole thread yet, but had to comment on this.

3) Deduction for too much nudity is no longer exists in ice dance.

Also, if the nudity rule goes, just imagine what Madison Chock and Vanessa James would wear!

Mind well and truly blown at that thought. :jaw:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Actually, in all seriousness, this might be an interesting experiment. As it would make us realise just how fit female skaters need to be.

I can think of one former Pairs skater (who I will not name for obvious reasons) who now does a lot of nude modelling. Now, looking at her fully clothed, it strikes you how little there is to her. She is so small and dainty and looks so fragile, to the extent that you would think that she would break if you just looked at her sideways.

But, peel away a few layers, and you discover that she is actually pure muscle.

And I am sure that you would find that the same was the case for most female Pairs skaters. Not just Aljona Savchenko (whose arm muscles are obvious to see).

Everybody talks about how strong male Pairs skaters need to be to do the lifts. But, we don't tend to realise that the female Pairs skaters need to be strong too.

So, having them skate in their undies would be a good way to get the message across. And bring in a whole new appreciation for them.

And if you believe that that is the only reason I like the sound of the idea of having girls skating in their undies, you'll believe anything!!! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

HoneyGoldLev

Rinkside
My crazy prediction:
1.) Alina Zagitova will be the new dark horse of Ladies FS. She will have a neck-to-neck battle in Oly with Zhenya, with her emerging victoriously.
Zhenya's loss becomes the most shocking upset, and people will call there's a new "curse" in ladies sector where the expectant winner will not... well, win.

2.) Boyang Jin will be the first skater that manages to land 6 quads in LP during 2017 GPF.

3.) Sui/Han announce shocking engagement news and they're taking an off season after 2018 World to travel the world together V/M style.

madforskating

On the Ice
Actually, in all seriousness, this might be an interesting experiment. As it would make us realise just how fit female skaters need to be.

I can think of one former Pairs skater (who I will not name for obvious reasons) who now does a lot of nude modelling. Now, looking at her fully clothed, it strikes you how little there is to her. She is so small and dainty and looks so fragile, to the extent that you would think that she would break if you just looked at her sideways.

But, peel away a few layers, and you discover that she is actually pure muscle.

And I am sure that you would find that the same was the case for most female Pairs skaters. Not just Aljona Savchenko (whose arm muscles are obvious to see).

Everybody talks about how strong male Pairs skaters need to be to do the lifts. But, we don't tend to realise that the female Pairs skaters need to be strong too.

CaroLiza_fan

Those female pair skaters are WARRIORS. I've always held pair girls in the highest regard :)
Like hello check out Meagan Duhamel's biceps. She is so toned. Ksenia Stolbova has posted a few pics in a bikini on her VK (yes boys, enjoy) and I was shocked to see that girl has KILLER abs. Evgenia Tarasova looks SO fragile but you know she's solid. Same case with Tatiana Volosozhar.

madforskating

On the Ice
My crazy prediction:
1.) Alina Zagitova will be the new dark horse of Ladies FS. She will have a neck-to-neck battle in Oly with Zhenya, with her emerging victoriously.
Zhenya's loss becomes the most shocking upset, and people will call there's a new "curse" in ladies sector where the expectant winner will not... well, win.

2.) Boyang Jin will be the first skater that manages to land 6 quads in LP during 2017 GPF.

3.) Sui/Han announce shocking engagement news and they're taking an off season after 2018 World to travel the world together V/M style.

The first two predictions are actually very possible. As for the third, I always thought Sui/Han were cute together. The injuries seem to have brought them closer together...you never know! (And also, I just wasted a year and a half of my life shipping Stolbova/Klimov so I need a new couple to give me cuteness)