2023 Cup of China: Women's Thoughts? | Golden Skate

2023 Cup of China: Women's Thoughts?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Wow, Rinka!! Great job!! Thrilled for both her and Yoshida :)

I feel for Hendrickx and if she qualifies for the Final, there is no doubt she will go with a fire lit under her butt 🔥

Kim is really struggling with underrotations and hopes she works this out for the second half of the season.

What are your thoughts on this event?

Last edited:

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Without Niina Petrokina and Hana Yoshida I would have nothing to say about this women's competition. My highlights.

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Unexpected outcome.
Hana and Rinka did well .
Nina could have been a bit higher.
Based on forum I thought Loena made major error beside a fall and a single jump in her combo.
The mist glaring thing , she seem not confident in her program. It se like first time skating it.

rabidline

Final Flight
I'm so happy for Rinka!!! I have been following her early local competitions where she didn't do really well, and I hoped she can stop the downward spiral she's been having. And she did two clean skates here and did just that. I like her new costumes too, they're very uniquely her 😆

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Sounds like Loena was unwell and Yelim was injured and had to change her boots. Hence their sub-par performances.
Which doesn't take anything away from the top 3. Super happy for Rinka after all her struggles. Hana is very promising - and I like her out-of-the-box music/costume choices. In fact both of them are defying the ice princess stereotype so many Japanese women skaters seem happy with. You go girls!!!
I appreciate the quality of some of Loena's elements, but I'm not a fan of her costumes and all that posing in front of the judges. It does seem to be a bit of a trend this season though.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Like much of this grand prix (in all the disiciplines) it seems like a lot of decent skaters were perhaps underperforming.

Happy that Hana Yoshida still has a pretty decent chance at making the final and thought Rinka Watanabe did really well- I love her free skate (and the new dress is great). Loena Hendrickx not on top form here, but bronze was still a good result.

So pleased for Hongyi Chen being the top Chinese woman here but felt really bad for Xiangyi An- that free was a difficult watch and I hope she's okay.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I've just noticed the free skate placements entirely match the overall placements. I wonder how often that happens.