Applications for 2019-20 ISU Championships | Golden Skate

Applications for 2019-20 ISU Championships

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
21 Apr 2017 - Lausanne, Switzerland

Further to ISU Communication No 2075, the summary of Championships application received by the ISU for Seasons 2019/20 is now available.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Glasgow also did a great job when hosting the Commonwealth Games the year before.

To a newbie viewer like me, everything seemed to go perfectly. So, I would say that they could cope with a major figure skating championship no bother.

But, as I said in the Ireland ice rink thread when talking about the Dundonald Ice Bowl here in Northern Ireland, the British Federation (NISA) only seem interested in holding things in Nottingham or Sheffield.

And I don't think they would be willing to go to the expense of hiring a big arena and putting a temporary ice rink into it.

CaroLiza_fan

Oh look! Great Britain is hosting Synchro Junior Worlds in 2020. And you'll never guess where it is being held.

(I'll give you a clue. Sheffield hosted Figure Skating Europeans in 2012).

Yep, you guessed it! It's Nottingham's turn.

So predictable. :sarcasm:

And I bet that the next thing NISA are granted will be held in Sheffield. And the next thing after that will be in Nottingham.

I tell you. We'll never get anything held here in Northern Ireland. :disapp:

...or Scotland...

...or Wales...

...or anywhere else in England!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Cherryy

On the Ice
Since for some of the categories there's only one entry (World Juniors and 4CC) does that mean they pretty much already got it? Or is there a chance that the ISU will say they can't host it for whatever reason?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I would so go if Rotterdam would be chosen for 2020. Spread the love to countries who have not been on the map for a while.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Applications for 2018-29 ISU Championships

Montreal would be great for a lot of pairs and dance teams. So many of them train around there. And it would be no time change for all the skaters training in Michigan and Toronto too. And not much of one for all the other skaters training in NA.

LRK

Record Breaker
Since for some of the categories there's only one entry (World Juniors and 4CC) does that mean they pretty much already got it? Or is there a chance that the ISU will say they can't host it for whatever reason?

If they are the only ones who had offered to host, why would ISU say no?

Skate2Music

Rinkside
It's most likely going to be Canada that host's world since that last few have taken place in Europe and Asia.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's most likely going to be Canada that host's world since that last few have taken place in Europe and Asia.

That would make sense.

2006- NA
2007- Asia
2008- EU
2009- NA
2010- EU
2011- EU
2012- EU
2013- NA
2014- Asia
2015- Asia
2016- NA
2017- EU
2018- EU
2019- Asia

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
no not really.. but if you are creeping outside TCC windows, there is lots of young talent there and even perhaps older skaters looking for 2022

narcissa

Record Breaker
no not really.. but if you are creeping outside TCC windows, there is lots of young talent there and even perhaps older skaters looking for 2022

LOL

I thought you were making fun of me for saying "I have no idea who would still be skating by then..." but meaning "I have no idea if [particular skater] would still be skating by then..." but that's only half true ;)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've always wanted to go to Montreal. Actually I like all the places listed!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i want shoma in montreal ;)

Shoma in any city is great, but Montreal would be awesome! :cheer: I like Halifax too, but I guess that isn't in the running. North America will definitely be due by that time.