Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 112 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

yhmafan

Medalist
Ryo Shibata !

A name I haven't heard a while :cool: !
I think he is a pro skater now.

He was (is?) famous for his Biellmann spin before Yuzuru.

I like his costume of this program.

to me he somewhat reminds me of Yuzuru.
though I didn't know him until recently XD and glad to know Yuzu is not the only one man who can Biellmann Spin in Japan. wonder if he can still do it :think:

Also I secretly look forward to watching a good rivalry between Yuzuru and Gachinski at the Finlandia! Can’t wait.

Edit : sorry please forget, because I have heard that Gachinski entered into the Finlandia. I googled the entries but he was not there. maybe it was a wrong information.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Edit : sorry please forget, because I have heard that Gachinski entered into the Finlandia. I googled the entries but he was not there. maybe it was a wrong information.
I heard that too - rumour that Gachinsky would replace Menshov at Finlandia.
But so far, I have not seen any evidence that this rumour is true...

EDIT: Aha! Gachinsky is listed on the ISU list of competitors for Finlandia, and no Menshov. (Shame, I like Gachinsky, but I also like Menshov and his HUGE jumps). http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028226.htm

SuzyQ

Medalist
I heard that too - rumour that Gachinsky would replace Menshov at Finlandia.
But so far, I have not seen any evidence that this rumour is true...

EDIT: Aha! Gachinsky is listed on the ISU list of competitors for Finlandia, and no Menshov. (Shame, I like Gachinsky, but I also like Menshov and his HUGE jumps). http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028226.htm

Thank you for the information :clap:

This seems to be the latest as it says 02.09.2014.

Camillo

On the Ice
If you guys REALLY wanted Yuzu's stamp collection and have enough money to spare CDJapan could purchase it for you. It's quite expensive though because there will be a service charge and shipping is by EMS only.
Thanks a lot, ayarose! I didn't even know CDJ has a service like that.

EDIT: Aha! Gachinsky is listed on the ISU list of competitors for Finlandia, and no Menshov.
It would be great to see Yuzuru VS Russian boys showdown #2 like last year - with Artur and Voronov, but I'm worried 'cause it seems Artur still hasn't restored his jumps, while Menshov was really good at the test skate. Only 1 month left :think:

won0066

On the Ice
Annca: sorry replying with quote lost your name

[URL="http://www.nikkan-gendai.com/articles/view/sports/153237" said:
http://www.nikkan-gendai.com/articles/view/sports/153237[/URL]
article about akiko suzuki :)
she mentioned  yuzuru's advise on how to deal with the crowd that was chanting "russia, russia" tremendously during sochi games.  

What was the advice Yuzu gave her??

annca

On the Ice
Annca: sorry replying with quote lost your name

What was the advice Yuzu gave her??

its fine :), my knowledge with japanese language is very very limited so i hope someone could correct me or provide a better explanation if i got it wrong and i apologize in advance :)

*from what i understood, she was worried at the crowd cheering loudly for russia and thought that they were totally "away". yuzuru was the first to skate among the team and asked him on what to do, he then chanted "hanyu, hanyu" just like how the crowd cheered "russia, russia"= to think that the cheers were for her.

won0066

On the Ice
its fine :), my knowledge with japanese language is very very limited so i hope someone could correct me or provide a better explanation if i got it wrong and i apologize in advance :)

*from what i understood, she was worried at the crowd cheering loudly for russia and thought that they were totally "away". yuzuru was the first to skate among the team and asked him on what to do, he then chanted "hanyu, hanyu" just like how the crowd cheered "russia, russia"= to think that the cheers were for her.

That's awesome, thanks so much!!! How cute!!!!

echotpe

On the Ice

ayarose

On the Ice

Just an addition, Akko (who's Team captain) thinks that being the first to perform for TJ in such an environment, Yuzu is under so much pressure and yet was able to prepare and perform well. She asked Yuzu for advice on how it was to help them who will perform after him. She was concerned with the Russian crowds intense cheering even if the one skating aren't Russian and though it's understandable she felt it was a disadvantage. It felt like being on an "away - match" in soccer terms, meaning they don't have the home advantage.

Yuzu said that they should be careful because the loud cheering prevents them from hearing the announcement before and after the skates as well as the trainers/choreo/coaches instructions. So she asked what they should do, and he answered that they should imagine that the "Russia call" is the crowd cheering for them. In this case, Yuzu laughingly said "Hanyu, Hanyu". Akko's not sure if he was kidding or not, but she can't fit Hanyu & Russia in her head. But laughing made them relax/calm down a bit.

She said that Yuzu has a strong mentality and is concerned for others as well.

It appear that this series will have a continuation although I think it's more of Akko's experience so we might hear stories about other TJ members.

annca

On the Ice
Just an addition, Akko (who's Team captain) thinks that being the first to perform for TJ in such an environment, Yuzu is under so much pressure and yet was able to prepare and perform well. She asked Yuzu for advice on how it was to help them who will perform after him. She was concerned with the Russian crowds intense cheering even if the one skating aren't Russian and though it's understandable she felt it was a disadvantage. It felt like being on an "away - match" in soccer terms, meaning they don't have the home advantage.

Yuzu said that they should be careful because the loud cheering prevents them from hearing the announcement before and after the skates as well as the trainers/choreo/coaches instructions. So she asked what they should do, and he answered that they should imagine that the "Russia call" is the crowd cheering for them. In this case, Yuzu laughingly said "Hanyu, Hanyu". Akko's not sure if he was kidding or not, but she can't fit Hanyu & Russia in her head. But laughing made them relax/calm down a bit.

She said that Yuzu has a strong mentality and is concerned for others as well.

It appear that this series will have a continuation although I think it's more of Akko's experience so we might hear stories about other TJ members.

thank you so much ayarose! :yay:

ayarose

On the Ice
thank you so much ayarose! :yay:

welcome, I'm not entirely confident on this summary though, just connecting together the words I'm familiar with. Japanese sentence construction is really hard for me to grasp, I'm still confused when reading them. I think someone could offer a much better gist of it.