Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 186 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

giulia95

Medalist
【Art on Ice 】True Love (1993) by Fujii Fumiya

In Yuzu’s ice show programs, “True Love” is one of my favorites. Singing performances with Fumiya is a plus, and great shots of Fuji TV is another one. :)

Different from much pressures in competitions, his performance here is wilder and more charming with pleasure to watch. Share to you all!

:agree:

I think this is the best choreography Yuzu skated to last season and the spin is just amazing

in this clip , the camera is on Yuzu only , so you can see the whole beautiful step sequence at the end :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku5qVnDSr-c

annca

On the Ice

Esopian

Final Flight
I love his exhibition numbers! They have a different kind of feel to it from competitions, especially Hanyu's facial expressions.

This is off topic, but I went to Stars on Ice in Canada yesterday and it's really not the same watching live skating compared to on the screen. It was an amazing experience!

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I love his exhibition numbers! They have a different kind of feel to it from competitions, especially Hanyu's facial expressions.

This is off topic, but I went to Stars on Ice in Canada yesterday and it's really not the same watching live skating compared to on the screen. It was an amazing experience!

wow that's really cool. How is it different?, I'm very curious :popcorn:

Esopian

Final Flight
wow that's really cool. How is it different?, I'm very curious :popcorn:

From the screen, you only see the program from the point of view of the camera, which only captures it as a rectangle (which typically goes by the ratio of 16:9). When I watched it live, you can see the skater skate full 360° which looks really cool. ;) You can also see the full length of the rink and can clearly tell the speed of the skater.

It's truly different because in the audience, you can cheer all you want and no one would care since everyone is cheering! When you're watching behind the screen of your computer/laptop, you scream and other people in the house think you've gone crazy.

The guy who choreographed Yuzuru's world-record SP, Parisienne Walkways, Jeffrey Buttle was there! He performed last night on SOI Canada and I could tell by the style he skated that he created the SP. His performances were really great to watch and also notably Kurt Browning (CBC commentator and choreographed Yuzu's EX 'Hello I love you') was present too. His second performance had so many steps that I couldn't believe someone at the age of 47 can skate so fluidly (my mom was swooned too)! Even Yuzu's training mate, Nam Nguyen made a surprise appearance!

The crowd literally screamed and went wild when Patrick Chan was on the ice. It's a different experience to watch live compared to the screen; on screen, I watched his programs in competition and it's present that he's a good skater. But live, you can tell how fast he's going and yet he skates with extreme smoothness.

At the end during their last group number, they went around to high-five the audience in the first row and those who weren't in the first row ran to front just so they could get a high-five. Just when the people were starting to crowd in that area, one man from the staff in charge of the ground floor hurriedly told them to go back (pushing them back). Then, Kurt Browning specifically went to that area, whistled to get the fans to come back ... and took a picture with them! That was the 'kind' moment of the night; he's so considerate to his fans! :)

It's too bad Yuzuru only performs at SOI in Japan ... if we fawn at how amazing he skates on screen, then imagine watching him skate live! :eek:

Yuzusan

On the Ice
Wow, your summary is very attractive ! The show was broadcasted ? I would really like to see Nam ;)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
It's truly different because in the audience, you can cheer all you want and no one would care since everyone is cheering! When you're watching behind the screen of your computer/laptop, you scream and other people in the house think you've gone crazy.
:rofl:
thank you, seriously, I mean it! I'm kinda on the fence if I should consider going to a competition this year but this might be the best reason yet: at the very least it might make me feel relatively normal compared to my surroundings again :laugh: (people around me aren't really into my current case of crazy ;) )

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
From the screen, you only see the program from the point of view of the camera, which only captures it as a rectangle (which typically goes by the ratio of 16:9). When I watched it live, you can see the skater skate full 360° which looks really cool. ;) You can also see the full length of the rink and can clearly tell the speed of the skater.

The guy who choreographed Yuzuru's world-record SP, Parisienne Walkways, Jeffrey Buttle was there! He performed last night on SOI Canada and I could tell by the style he skated that he created the SP. His performances were really great to watch and also notably Kurt Browning (CBC commentator and choreographed Yuzu's EX 'Hello I love you') was present too. His second performance had so many steps that I couldn't believe someone at the age of 47 can skate so fluidly (my mom was swooned too)! Even Yuzu's training mate, Nam Nguyen made a surprise appearance!

The crowd literally screamed and went wild when Patrick Chan was on the ice. It's a different experience to watch live compared to the screen; on screen, I watched his programs in competition and it's present that he's a good skater. But live, you can tell how fast he's going and yet he skates with extreme smoothness.

At the end during their last group number, they went around to high-five the audience in the first row and those who weren't in the first row ran to front just so they could get a high-five. Just when the people were starting to crowd in that area, one man from the staff in charge of the ground floor hurriedly told them to go back (pushing them back). Then, Kurt Browning specifically went to that area, whistled to get the fans to come back ... and took a picture with them! That was the 'kind' moment of the night; he's so considerate to his fans! :)

It's too bad Yuzuru only performs at SOI in Japan ... if we fawn at how amazing he skates on screen, then imagine watching him skate live! :eek:

very interesting, seems you had a lot of fun :biggrin: that's true you can't catch everything when you watch it on TV and also to cheer for all the skaters must be very exciting, wish I can experience it too someday.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
@Esopian: What a great report of SOI Canada and lovely that you watched with your mother. The part about Kurt shows to me why he is so beloved by the public. Not only does he give great performances, he also gives time and attention to the fans. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks also to those who posted links to Yuzuru videos.

Esopian

Final Flight
Wow, your summary is very attractive ! The show was broadcasted ? I would really like to see Nam ;)

I was surprised by the lack of recording there. Last night, there weren't any "official" video-cameras recording the gala (sadly).

Meoima

Match Penalty
Crying with intense jealousy! I also wanna watch them live! Japanese fans are so lucky this summer., they get to see PChan, Yuzuru and all the top great skaters perform! :cry: aw! You are so lucky!

jimeonji

Final Flight
I'm so jealous :cry: Nam kept tweeting about how much he enjoyed SOI!!! The American SOI tour came to a city near me, but it was a relatively long drive and I had school the next day :cry: :cry: it must have been really cool seeing all those skaters... and yeeees Kurt is still awesome :D did he do any triples? Does he still do triples? I'm so jealous *-* I'm glad you had fun!! one day I shall see skating live too.....

Coriana

On the Ice
I was surprised by the lack of recording there. Last night, there weren't any "official" video-cameras recording the gala (sadly).

CBC usually records the show in Hamilton I think. They haven't taped it in Toronto the last few years. We'll get to see an hour of it on TV next year.

Esopian

Final Flight
and yeeees Kurt is still awesome :D did he do any triples? Does he still do triples? I'm so jealous *-* I'm glad you had fun!! one day I shall see skating live too.....

I don't know for sure because I was sitting pretty far, but I think he did triples. Both in his second performance and during the various group numbers. (Though I'm still amazed/in daze by his second performance ...)

I'm sure you'll get a chance someday! :agree: