Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 185 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
from 608 to 3?? ....dayum, I knew the kid can do jumps but that is impressive :laugh: where did they get their data? tumblr? :biggrin:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
It's normal his popularity increased, just remember how media received him at the airport when he came back from sochi plus he was in the cover of all magazines, etc. ^^

Esopian

Final Flight
I bet his popularity is only going to rise from here on out! :biggrin: He worked hard to earn his OGM and now everyone(including aunties, teens, little girls) screams for him, what an influence he has made!

And that number ... the jump from 608 to #3!! :eek: Wow.

And speaking of Yuzuru's loquaciousness, just saw saw this video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1sfsfl_mad-yuzuru-hanyu-happy-talk_sport ("Happy Talk") uploaded by eimi. So upbeat!

That video brings smiles to anyone who watches it! On a joking note, it might even cure depression. :laugh: The person who edited the video did a great job finding all the clips where Hanyu smiled the brightest.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Another Rank it seems, I have no idea what this is for but he is 4th
http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2014/05/02/297/

And a reminder of upcoming presentations for Yuzuru
•May 10~11 Prince Ice World
•June 6~7 Fantasy on Ice Makuhari
•June 21~22 Figure Skating in Beppu
•June 27~29 Dreams on Ice
•July 5~6 Fantasy on Ice Toyama
•July 12~13 Fantasy on Ice Niigata
•July 18~21 Prince Ice World: Tokyo

Kalina

On the Ice
He's probably going back after PIW, stay there for a month or so and get his programs choreographed, come back for shows in June and then go back to Canada again at the end of July and stay there until the beginning of the season. It's a similar schedule to the one he had two years ago.
I don't think he's back there now, wouldn't make sense. I hope he's getting a few days of rest at home.

SuzyQ

Medalist
Another Rank it seems, I have no idea what this is for but he is 4th
http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2014/05/02/297/

The first ranking (Yuzu ranked 3rd) was drawn out by asking 400 female members of that site, My Navi News; "Who comes to your mind as an ideal prince?"

FYI: 1st: Haruma Miura, 2nd: Masaki Okada, 4th: Junichi Okada, 5th Mitsuhiro Oikawa

And the same question was made to 387 male members, and as the result, Yuzu ranked 4th :laugh:

FYI: 1st: Masaki Okada, 2nd: Masaharu Fukuyama, 3rd: Haruma Miura, 5th: Hideaki Takizawa

Japanese good looking guys :agree:

All of them except Yuzuru are actors/musicians.

I remember when the Calendar 2013 (sold at the end of 2012) of Yuzuru ranked 2nd of the male calendars of that year, it became news because not so many people knew who he was, and needed explanation. (The 1st was Atsuto Uchida, popular footballer playing for Schalke, by the way.)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
The first ranking (Yuzu ranked 3rd) was drawn out by asking 400 female members of that site, My Navi News; "Who comes to your mind as an ideal prince?"

FYI: 1st: Haruma Miura, 2nd: Masaki Okada, 4th: Junichi Okada, 5th Mitsuhiro Oikawa

And the same question was made to 387 male members, and as the result, Yuzu ranked 4th :laugh:

FYI: 1st: Masaki Okada, 2nd: Masaharu Fukuyama, 3rd: Haruma Miura, 5th: Hideaki Takizawa

Japanese good looking guys :agree:

All of them except Yuzuru are actors/musicians.

I remember when the Calendar 2013 (sold at the end of 2012) of Yuzuru ranked 2nd of the male calendars of that year, it became news because not so many people knew who he was, and needed explanation. (The 1st was Atsuto Uchida, popular footballer playing for Schalke, by the way.)

Thanks SuzyQ for putting the survey results in context and celestecruz for the info.

Actually, I still get a "Hanyu who?" among my classmates (we're graduate students so "older" demographic ;)) so outside Japan, Yuzuru can probably still go incognito. As an aside, a Japanese exchange student in our dormitory at least has heard of Yuzuru but was more excited about Takahiko (this was after Sochi). Anyway, the longer Yuzuru's career goes, I expect he will enjoy greater name recognition and maybe (if ever he competes in 4 Olympics perhaps?) approach that of his idol Evgeni Plushenko, whose fame has crossed over to the general public, not just fans of figure skating.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
He's probably going back after PIW, stay there for a month or so and get his programs choreographed, come back for shows in June and then go back to Canada again at the end of July and stay there until the beginning of the season. It's a similar schedule to the one he had two years ago.
I don't think he's back there now, wouldn't make sense. I hope he's getting a few days of rest at home.

Well that makes sense. Thanks ^^. I hope he is resting with his family too

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Thanks SuzyQ for putting the survey results in context and celestecruz for the info.

Actually, I still get a "Hanyu who?" among my classmates (we're graduate students so "older" demographic ;)) so outside Japan, Yuzuru can probably still go incognito. As an aside, a Japanese exchange student in our dormitory at least has heard of Yuzuru but was more excited about Takahiko (this was after Sochi). Anyway, the longer Yuzuru's career goes, I expect he will enjoy greater name recognition and maybe (if ever he competes in 4 Olympics perhaps?) approach that of his idol Evgeni Plushenko, whose fame has crossed over to the general public, not just fans of figure skating.

Here in my country he is not recognized at all, we barely have figure skating at tv (even olympic games)

echotpe

On the Ice
The weekend, glad to watch a latest TV program of Nobu’s recalling journey in Canada.

He was trained there since 2004-2008 by arrangement of JSF, and got huge improvements in his skating results. Almost the similar journey of Yuzu, isn’t it? :think: (The junior Javi & Yuzu shown in also.)

Nobu visited the former coach (Lee Barkell), choreographer (David Wilson) and his home stay family. With strong sensitivity, he was in tears during the program.

【video】Another sky – Canada (Nobu’s recalling journey)
----

By the way, Johnny Weir will attend the "Together on Ice" show in mid-June with Yuzu in Sendai. Some fans in another forum discuss the possibility of their cooperation next season. :)

http://skate-sendai.com/skater.html

ysy94

Rinkside
Yuzuru in the Talented Power Rank by Nikkei (no idea what is this- founding on tumblr, maybe the lovely fans from Japan can explain)
http://jnewseng.wordpress.com/2014/05/02/talent-power-ranking-2014/

2012 didn´t figure
2013 608
2014 3rd place (wow!!!!!!)

And he is 3rd as Perfect Prince pr something in a poll between 400 women.
http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2014/05/02/218/

according to Talented Power Rank, he is recognized by nearly 90% of Japanese, and about 83% are interested in him

NKbDO9a.jpg

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
The weekend, glad to watch a latest TV program of Nobu’s recalling journey in Canada.

He was trained there since 2004-2008 by arrangement of JSF, and got huge improvements in his skating results. Almost the similar journey of Yuzu, isn’t it? :think: (The junior Javi & Yuzu shown in also.)

Nobu visited the former coach (Lee Barkell), choreographer (David Wilson) and his home stay family. With strong sensitivity, he was in tears during the program.

----

By the way, Johnny Weir will attend the "Together on Ice" show in mid-June with Yuzu in Sendai. Some fans in another forum discuss the possibility of their cooperation next season. :)

Thanks for the link, echotpe! There were so many touching moments in the video, Nobunari's coach telling him that Nobunari's students will be so fortunate to study under him; the interaction between Nobunari and the elderly couple who shared their home with him when he was training in Canada where they mentioned that while other skaters would go partying, Nobunari would rather train, and that Nobunari will always be welcome with his family in Canada with them.

So it seems that Nobunari was sent abroad for training at the same age as Yuzuru (17). I just marvel at their dedication to their skating as to uproot yourself and move to another environment, especially where the language is different from yours, is never easy.

according to Talented Power Rank, he is recognized by nearly 90% of Japanese, and about 83% are interested in him

NKbDO9a.jpg

Great for Yuzuru! Thanks for the info, ysy94.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

----

Wow Johnny :popcorn: it's gonna be a great show.
Btw apparently the tickets for all the dates of the show are already sold out

echotpe

On the Ice
【Art on Ice 】True Love (1993) by Fujii Fumiya

In Yuzu’s ice show programs, “True Love” is one of my favorites. Singing performances with Fumiya is a plus, and great shots of Fuji TV is another one. :)

Different from much pressures in competitions, his performance here is wilder and more charming with pleasure to watch. Share to you all!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
【Art on Ice 】True Love (1993) by Fujii Fumiya

In Yuzu’s ice show programs, “True Love” is one of my favorites. Singing performances with Fumiya is a plus, and great shots of Fuji TV is another one. :)

Different from much pressures in competitions, his performance here is wilder and more charming with pleasure to watch. Share to you all!
He´s the guy that said his wife was a Yuzuru fan? really nice