Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Meoima

Match Penalty
Now this obviously displays how much he can't mentally maintain himself while performing. He easily let's pressure get to him, even more than ever now knowing that he's an Olympic Gold medalist. Also, the Japanese media stalking his every move isn't helping at all. May we not forget that he's still human and no one is perfect.
That is what I am afraid of. Japanese media doesn't help at all. Some of the fans even put more pressure on him. Hanyu is not Plushenko or Yagudin who love being cheered by the whole crowd for their achievements.
Nevertheless, He is still a kid at heart but I do think compare to his peers, he composes himself pretty well. I don't care about his medal right now, I only wish him the best and hope that he will pull through this trial. Because if he wants to become a greater skater, then all this mess he will have to deal with. It's good that he is training in Canada because fans will not be able to stalk him there.
Come on, boy, you can do it. Just give us a clean FS (or nearly clean) and say goodbye to that ugly costume for good!:biggrin: If Hanyu can do that, I will not put the blame on Weir's costume anymore.

s9580

Rinkside
Watching the practice sessions, it looks like that Hanyu's weakness is shifting from 4S to 4T...... I just hope he can have the best performance as he expected. Medal is great but not the most important thing. I don't think he is too much affected by the crowd or the medal now but he is just giving himself too much pressure on making a perfect program. It seems he is having a mental issue with the 4T now.

I'm too nervous and dare not watch the live:no:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Watching the practice sessions, it looks like that Hanyu's weakness is shifting from 4S to 4T...... I just hope he can have the best performance as he expected. Medal is great but not the most important thing. I don't think he is too much affected by the crowd or the medal now but he is just giving himself too much pressure on making a perfect program. It seems he is having a mental issue with the 4T now.
I'm too nervous and dare not watch the live:no:
Usually when he has a bad practice, his performance would be okay. Frankly, I don't know if I can stand another heart attack. I hope he will do well.

Hey kiddo, do your best, we believe in you!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Good luck, kid! No matter what you do today, you are the best figure skater in the world:)

Ophelia

Record Breaker
So does it look like both the 4S and 4T are going to be in jeopardy? Ughhhhhhh....I'm not watching this live. My heart can't take it.

Meoima

Match Penalty
So does it look like both the 4S and 4T are going to be in jeopardy? Ughhhhhhh....I'm not watching this live. My heart can't take it.

My friend in Japan has just told me Hanyu was injured, back and leg. And he skipped practice. :bang:

s9580

Rinkside
Usually when he has a bad practice, his performance would be okay. Frankly, I don't know if I can stand another heart attack. I hope he will do well.

Hey kiddo, do your best, we believe in you!

Yeah, I know his performance during practice can't justify anything, just hope him for the best:eek:hwell: Though I know R&J-2 is difficult to be clean, I still look forward to witnessing his World Champ drama /magic again. Not about the medal, I just want to see the passion and abandon again. Finger crossed!

I screamed so loudly when I was watching the Olympics.:laugh:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I screamed so loudly when I was watching the Olympics.:laugh:

Same here:laugh:
(and I also shouted "fall, please fall" during Patrick's FS and I'm a little bit ashamed of this:eek:: poor guy, he didn't deserve such a performance, but I wanted so much the kid to win)

s9580

Rinkside
Same here:laugh:
(and I also shouted "fall, please fall" during Patrick's FS and I'm a little bit ashamed of this:eek:: poor guy, he didn't deserve such a performance, but I wanted so much the kid to win)

Generally I don't want any skater falling, but you know, the dark side of human being is always waiting for us here and there:biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Generally I don't want any skater falling, but you know, the dark side of human being is always waiting for us here and there:biggrin:
I've heard he was injured in practice before SP. Why didn't they pull him out, health is the most important thing to an athlete. He is still young he shouldn't harm himself too much.

s9580

Rinkside
Not sure for the other skaters, but I think Yuzu is one of those decisive and having his own thoughts - according to Orser and Wilson's comments.:cool: so other people might be hard to change his mind. If my memory doesn't go wrong, he has no record of pulling out from any events. Even with both legs hurt last year, he insisted on going to the FS last year. Somehow I admire so much about his attitude, he's really a diligent and determined athlete. A little to be off topic - but that's why I really feel annoying when some fools said he's girlish.

BTW, the information is not revealed directly by Hanyu or Orser, his practice and SP didn't show any evidence of serious injuries also, so I won't take the news serious. But he does need to take good care of his health in the future. I actually think he should not go to this World Champ after Sochi at the very beginning.

roxella

On the Ice
Fighting,champion!!! You are the best no matter what the result today will be!!!
I am not sure if I can watch him live...I am too nervous...almost more nervous than at the Olympics :bang: and back than I just couldn't watch him live,I recorded his program and watched it later,when I already knew the result :slink:

s9580

Rinkside
Fighting,champion!!! You are the best no matter what the result today will be!!!
I am not sure if I can watch him live...I am too nervous...almost more nervous than at the Olympics :bang: and back than I just couldn't watch him live,I recorded his program and watched it later,when I already knew the result :slink:

I was not nervous for the Olympics only when Yuzu fell on the 3F which was a rare mistake to him but I don't know why I feel a lot more uncertain this time.