2018 Challenge Cup | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Challenge Cup

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Is is Cathy with her? :love:

But this is a bad sign. To bomb that badly at a no pressure event...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious. Does that count as an attempted jump entry if you don't even attempt it? Maybe she could have actually done the solo jump later.

It counts as an invalid element.

breadstal

Record Breaker
I worry about her, her career looks miserable to me right now... she needs to get herself togerher or change coach if it doesn't work. I hope she will keep going as a figure skater and won't choose celebrity life or sort of double career.

breadstal

Record Breaker
I'm curious. Does that count as an attempted jump entry if you don't even attempt it? Maybe she could have actually done the solo jump later.

I think she still could add it somewhere? I remember when Yuna once did smth like that at GP France and commentator said that she may put it later. Not sure how it is with rules right now.

Spinning

On the Ice
I hope Marin finds new motivation. This is too sad for words. She look like she wasn't even care.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
After Group 2 :

Rika Hongo - 62.07
Natasha Mckay - 54.91
Gerli Liinamae - 52.46
Nina Povey - 50.50
Marin Honda - 48.21
Valentina Matos - 45.43
Natalie Klotz - 45.04
Kyarha van Tiel - 37.51

Elzbieta Kropa - ?
Morgan Flood - ?

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Is is Cathy with her? :love:

Yes! :)

But this is a dangerous sign. To bomb that badly at a completely no pressure event...

She didn't look that bad to me health-wise, and she landed some OK triples in the warm-up. Perhaps she just couldn't decide whether to go for her old jump layout (3F-3T, 2A, 3L) or try a new one (3Lz, 2A, 3F-3T?)... She was warming up her loop just before her skate.

It's sad that she didn't take the opportunity to skate the hell out of her program, but maybe it's best that she got it out of her system here...

SkaterM

Rinkside

She couldn't.

"What is an attempt? In principle, a clear preparation for a take off for a jump, stepping to the entry edge or placing the toe pick into the ice and leaving the ice with or without a turn is considered an attempt of a jump, receives no value and blocks a box.
In some cases, which need to be decided by the TP, the preparation for the take off without leaving the ice might be also called an attempt, e.g. a loop jump take off when the skater falls before leaving the ice, or a skater steps onto the forward take off edge of an Axel and pulls back the free leg and arms, starts the forward movement to jump into the air with the free leg and arms passing through forward but at the last moment does not leave the ice, etc. " Quote from the Technical Handbook Single Skating

breadstal

Record Breaker
She couldn't.

"What is an attempt? In principle, a clear preparation for a take off for a jump, stepping to the entry edge or placing the toe pick into the ice and leaving the ice with or without a turn is considered an attempt of a jump, receives no value and blocks a box.
In some cases, which need to be decided by the TP, the preparation for the take off without leaving the ice might be also called an attempt, e.g. a loop jump take off when the skater falls before leaving the ice, or a skater steps onto the forward take off edge of an Axel and pulls back the free leg and arms, starts the forward movement to jump into the air with the free leg and arms passing through forward but at the last moment does not leave the ice, etc. " Quote from the Technical Handbook Single Skating

Thank you for information!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Lolz at the Cathy Reed comments. I feel sooooo stupid now. Passed her a few times tonight and looked at her thinking She looks the spitting image of Cathy Reed! But it cannot be her, so she has a twin out there.
Doh.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Lolz at the Cathy Reed comments. I feel sooooo stupid now. Passed her a few times tonight and looked at her thinking She looks the spitting image of Cathy Reed! But it cannot be her, so she has a twin out there.
Doh.

It's not too late to say hi and get a selfie!

Eclair

Medalist
goooo Viveca! She's one of my newfound hopefuls for the future! Natural jumping talent - look at her air position!

edit: oh noooo :sad4: