Best Lutz Jumps of 2017 | Golden Skate

Best Lutz Jumps of 2017

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hello GS friends. Let's celebrate and discuss some of the best Lutz jumps we've seen this season. Nice clean edge, good flow, height, and the most important to me is a nice landing. Share a video or give your impressions on some of the best and most difficult jumps that are being performed.

My first nomination is to Anastasia Tarakanova and her 3z-3t. The edge is not only deep but has a fair amount of counter rotation at take off. The Rippon is done really well too and adds to the overall impressiveness. Nice that she can add on the 3t but for me the way she uses her free leg out of the combo and into her transition is rather impressive. Also notice she adds the little magic arm gesture while turning on a pretty solid outside edge while exiting. Impressive speed and very good height.

3z-3t
BV: 10.30
GOE: 1.4
Total Pts: 11.70

https://youtu.be/TaPTCOtEC7o?t=4m47s

If you watch both jumps I've time stamped you'll also get a bonus 3z-1lo-3t which is impressive!

Please share some more quality Lutz jumps from this season that we can share and celebrate the greatness of them together!!!

:party2::dance3::clapper::points:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i am sure many will mention senior skaters so here is a junior skater from Japan, Nana Araki
one is from her SP as solo jump and 2 more from her LP as 3Lz3T and 3Lz2T2Lo:luv17::love:

This is perfect!!! My hope was that we would see jumps from skaters that might not get as much attention as the other skaters who tend to occupy the main threads. Thank you!!

She really flies thru the air :bow:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have a question back about my first example.....what other skaters besides Tazakanova are doing 3z-1lo-3S? There have to be some right?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason Brown's tano triple lutz from his Skate Canada SP.

It was a nice comeback -- haven't seen it in a few seasons. Also I like the cool jump he does before he does the steps into the lutz.

I have a question back about my first example.....what other skaters besides Tazakanova are doing 3z-1lo-3S? There have to be some right?

Among the Ladies? Or both Ladies and men?

moriel

Record Breaker
Hello GS friends. Let's celebrate and discuss some of the best Lutz jumps we've seen this season. Nice clean edge, good flow, height, and the most important to me is a nice landing. Share a video or give your impressions on some of the best and most difficult jumps that are being performed.

My first nomination is to Anastasia Tarakanova and her 3z-3t. The edge is not only deep but has a fair amount of counter rotation at take off. The Rippon is done really well too and adds to the overall impressiveness. Nice that she can add on the 3t but for me the way she uses her free leg out of the combo and into her transition is rather impressive. Also notice she adds the little magic arm gesture while turning on a pretty solid outside edge while exiting. Impressive speed and very good height.

3z-3t
BV: 10.30
GOE: 1.4
Total Pts: 11.70

https://youtu.be/TaPTCOtEC7o?t=4m47s

If you watch both jumps I've time stamped you'll also get a bonus 3z-1lo-3t which is impressive!

Please share some more quality Lutz jumps from this season that we can share and celebrate the greatness of them together!!!

:party2::dance3::clapper::points:

Hmmm just wonder... I recall you used to do jumpamatrons
Wonder if its possible to make some *best lutzes watch and drool jumpamatron* at some point

Tsurskaya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Fge3NF3Q4

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmmm just wonder... I recall you used to do jumpamatrons
Wonder if its possible to make some *best lutzes watch and drool jumpamatron* at some point

That’s the plan :)

Seriously...does anyone have a deeper outside edge than Tarakanova? I’m still waiting :popcorn: